And So It Begins

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Light Bender92, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Why were Rage and Atomic nerfed? I just don't understand why some powers are being nerfed period. The powers that are over performing are not doing anything game breaking, and honestly out of every US run I've ever done I've never seen a rage or Atomic blow anyone out the park, hell I rarely see them in raids at all.

I understand many people feel that Rage was hitting hard, but rage is PURELY melee and so the risk/reward balances out. It isn't like earth where you can spam Jackhammer from 12 meters away, and I literally saw NO complaints about Atomic (for PvE) and yet nearly all of its combos were nerfed......

This doesn't make any sense. And before you claim bias, my main is a hardlight, and I have 2 alts, one sorc one fire, so no I'm not "crying because my power was nerfed". I'm concerned that the devs are going to seriously over do the nerfing.

Instead of nerfing every power, the first reaction should be to bring the other powers in line by bringing them up. In the event of exploits, or instances where the damage is obviously out of wack and is game breaking (I'm looking at you gorilla) then of course those have to be adjusted. But if a power is doing a little more damage than intended but it isn't game breaking (I.e burn isn't fast, by any means) then simply bring the other powers in line with them.

So far I have seen thread after thread after thread about several powers underperforming and what few adjustments could be made in order to bring them up to par. No one wants to feel weak, so instead of reducing damage simply give the others power some love. I guarantee no one will complain that a power is being buffed if it doesn't become overly strong compared to the others, but we see often times with nerfs that it's a slippery slope.

I'm not saying it's all doom and gloom just yet, that'd be exaggerating to the fullest. I just want the devs to take a different approach to tackling this whole balance issue.

Think of it like this, let's say I ordered a pizza for everyone (yummy, ikr) and everyone wants 2 slices so they'll be full. I pass out 2 slices to everyone except 4 people, I only give them one slice. I realize the mistake, but instead of simply giving the other four people another slice so that everyone will happy and full, I take a piece from the other people so that everything is even. Sure it's all fair now, but now everyone will go to bed a little hungry tonight.

Hope that analogy makes sense lol, but yeah I just don't like nerfs man. I've been here for years and I've seen how nerf crazy things can get, I'm just hoping we don't get to that point because then we'll be seeing "Introducing The Stats Revamp 2.0!" Threads lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, they arent in the bringing powers up business.

Sorry bro, I'm rage and I knew this was coming. Get serious.
    • Like x 3
  3. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Do I seem naive? Of course I saw this coming too. Doesn't mean it makes sense. I could see Donakd Trump starting a nuclear war, doesn't mean I want it to happen. And if it did I wouldn't be like "ha you idiots, I live in America and even I saw this coming, get serious." So you can take several seats my guy. Just stating my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  4. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

There are 15 powers now, practically speaking it's easier (and faster) to adjust a couple than having to tune up the rest plus re-test them all.
  5. Evaleigh Well-Known Player

I haven't gotten the chance to test atomic myself, how exactly were the combos doing too much damage?
    From what I've heard from my league mates atomic combos weren't too effective?
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Outside of Berserk, how was rage overperforming? I do notice an increase in damage, but I thought it was because of the revamp.
  7. MastaMind Dedicated Player

When did things get nerfed? I did not see anything listed within any hotfix notes.
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Instead of nerfing one powerset, better buff 14 others so that we have 14 times the effort and can also gradually power creep back up to AM levels over time.

Yeah, sounds like a perfectly reasonable suggestion.
    • Like x 3
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

The funny thing is that those powers weren't overperforming in actual content. Sure you can melee USn and JFAn but so what? It's not like these instances are hard to complete in the first place. In Elite content they were pretty good but not overperforming.
  10. Evaleigh Well-Known Player

Except rage and atomic were perfectly in line.
    I haven't seen an atomic dps do crazy amounts of damage yet, and rage only does good damage when it's literally in the boss's stinkhole.
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

And I haven't seen a super OP Earth DPS yet but I also only ran with a dozen different people since the revamp launched. That doesn't mean that the powerset is fine though. There were definitely people who reported both Rage and Atomic as OP (regardless of if they are) and the devs have access to a lot more data than you or I can see ingame.

Buffs and nerfs are part of a living game and we have to deal with a shifting meta. Besides we're talking about variances of like 5-10% between (non-broken) powersets here, it's not like they went ahead and removed damage role from Rage and Atomic.
  12. hoaxone Committed Player

If anyone thinks any power can do the same as rage melee.....in a melee build is dumb period.
    • Like x 1
  13. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Rage I think needs a slight buff for range attacks cause its bottom tier for range but it's top for melee. The change to outrage will bring rage more in line with everyone else but it kind of will diminish the risk/reward effect. The issue with atomic was that a few of atomics combos were hitting melee damage from midrange which was the primary issue with the jackhammer spam. And since those powers were designed to hit midrange they should have a slight nerf to bring them more in line for the risk/reward variable. After this new run the only thing I can think of that's OP now is electrics moves that don't split damage other than that these slight nerfs or fixes to powers are bringing them down in line with everyone else so balance is getting closer. I understand that people cry that they need to stop nerfing powers but they nerf like one or two abilities they're out performing everyone else cause they are broken in some way shape or form. I'm honestly amazed that they took outrage down and not berserk but hey both would get the job done
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Melee weapons will be next
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I said this in another thread, the healing on atomic was the only thing I saw / think that needed adjust, but only a little.

As I been playing on a alt, yesterday on a lvl 29 atomic alt I was able to kill 2 unpaid open world adds at once as a lvl 29 character in tank stance, took a bit, but didnt really come in any danger til I started leaving and the 3rd guy came and started pot shotting me I started falling to 35% to 50% health.
  16. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

It is on the test server. It has not hit live yet. I imagine it will be released when Earth and Nature changes are also released in a hotfix.