An Update On Xbox One Server Capacity And Login Queues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 3, 2016.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi all!

The response and demand we have seen on Xbox One has beaten our wildest expectations. Every night (and most of the days) since launch last Friday, the servers have been completely full. When this happens, players wait in the login queue until someone currently in the game logs out, and that is what leads to very long free player login queue times.

We have added additional server hardware each morning to increase our capacity, so that we can have more players online at once, and will continue to do so. As of this Tuesday morning, we have expanded our overall capacity on US by about 60% and on EU by about 50%.

Our goal is for no one to have to queue at login. We expect moderate increases in capacity each day the rest of this week, and a large increase in capacity (read: a lot of shiny new hardware is on the way) for next Saturday, which should at least double the capacity we had Friday at launch.

Thank you for your patience waiting, and thank you for playing DCUO!

For more information about login queues, please visit our FAQ.
    • Like x 6
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!! Thanks!
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

It's nice to hear that XBox is flourishing. Hopefully they're making MP purchases as well :)
    • Like x 4
  4. DarthJafo Committed Player

Well..I personally bought the annual membership and 10k SC before it even started downloading. Spent that on armorys and legends characters
  5. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Oh they are based on the character counts per CR. ;)
  6. SirForty New Player

So there's a second update for today? I didn't get a notice earlier, and after randomly going into a building I was booted and it says the worlds under maintenance.
  7. QuebraRegra Active Player

so, has it improved the queues yet?
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

While it's not nice that many players have long wait times, it is awesome to hear that the game is doing so well on Xbox! Welcome to all the new players, and of course I hope the people that went from PS3/4/PC to Xbox are having a blast too!
    • Like x 1
  9. Foxe Well-Known Player

Definitely seems as though people are putting money in. See a fair few of the powers that aren't free and I know a few just in my little new league that are subbed. I subbed before the game downloaded and have spent a bunch in the market place. My brother who has never played before due to it being ps subbed within a day and is spending money.

With increased servers and less login issues, hopefully people will stick around and help boost the income
  10. Daymarrr New Player

I'm just laughing at all those fools that said there wouldn't be a high population on xbox
  11. Megashocker68 New Player

Yo I have a membership and it's not letting me on
  12. Megashocker68 New Player

Why is this happening can someone explain to me
  13. Vorphilack New Player

ok, so after a short downtime I was able to play, but now am once again unable due to supposed data issues and authentication errors...whats the deal? I'm not upset yet. I realize this happens with new games, but its odd.
  14. MythlyRaven New Player

Most likely the games servers get over loaded and the queue size gets over loaded a bit too.
  15. Megashocker68 New Player

So will it eventually let me play or not because I've been looking at batman for about 12 minutes
  16. Yale New Player

Yo mepps it keeps saying data issues or something. C'mon I have some grinding to do
  17. Padawan8722 New Player

Wouldn't it be better if there was a different server for each region...for example one for the east coast, one for west coast, and one for central?
  18. Megashocker68 New Player

Yes that would be beneficial. But I'm still waiting to actually join my gane and I've been out of the queue for 20 mins. Don't tell me I wasted my membership money.....
  19. Vorphilack New Player

i highly doubt it has anything to do with the servers being too busy. it isnt even letting me log in, let alone try to queue.
  20. Vorphilack New Player

this is why i opted to just get a one month membership. if this stuff is still happening a month from now then i'm only out $15 which is still pretty cheap for a game. I've spent much more for games that I've hardly touched.