An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. L T Devoted Player

On test it was quite good with Sorcery, and decent with Earth. I didn't test much with Atomic and RSK because I just hate Robot Sidekick. I hate the very concept of it. If I were in charge of the game it would go back to a low-damage-but-adds-flavor niche ability.

You're in luck: I'm not in charge.

In the limited testing that I did, combos didn't reset godwave when shard was maxed out-- only the initial cast of the ability can do that. I didn't exhaustively test every combo in the game; it's certainly possible that the devs missed an atomic combo. Anyway I'd expect it to be playable/viable but not really OP.
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I don’t really like rsk or grim either ... I just need some form of dot which atomic is lacking ... I don’t really like pets to be honest ...

If it were up to me there would be a few abilities changed to provide aoe dots

Honestly I feel atomic needs to be changed a bit

Our biggest problem is getting to the aura and movement whole
    Comboing

For me I would make the aura a tank only
    Deal

And focus on pi and the stacks and charges for atomic

Our pi (dazed) should do what the aura does now in dps form

And we need a dot.. for me the best option would be ionizing eruption

Make thst ability like debris field (minus the circle) let it hit how it hits now but just add a dot with it ...

Use apa as its being used now for the extra crit due to head mod

Then use your combos to build up your stacks and your charges

Then allow us to use Geiger blast from range ... but the damage varies based on the distance to the target

Make all this mobile

And I think atomic would be in a Good spot

The combos definitely need to be mobile tho cause I wanna be able to move around more while tanking and not jumping around like an idiot
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Agree with needing a dot field. Absolutely disagree with everything else. The aura is part of atomics dps mechanic and should remain that way. It is not hard to obtain or maintain while dpsing. Dazed pi should remain separate from the combos. What you're asking for is basically an advanced mechanic rotation. Cast certain powers in a certain order to get a big bang at the end.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dub T Well-Known Player

Howdy Atomic players,

I am coming back after a lengthy time off. Question: is Neutrino Blast worth using in addition to the break out trinket and if so, which power to take off for NB?

Loadout currently:
    Atomic Splitter
    Proton Remedy
    Atomic Reorganization
    Thermochemical Explosion
    Density
    Mass Density
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The only thing I’d change in your loadout would be replacing thermochemical explosion for an aura shortcut. Either proton remedy or the group break out. You really only need 1 combo move to keep your aura up. Having both TCE and atom splitter could leave the adds with cc immunity to quickly and then put you in a bad spot.
  6. L T Devoted Player

It's not 2 combos that give immunity-- it's Atom Splitter in particular. And it generally doesn't hand out immunity if you don't combo it-- though it will depend on whether your troll is spamming stuns.

If you need the heals of 2 full combos, TCE and Beta Surge can work well together without handing out immunity, but you don't get Atom Splitter's nice pull-em-all-into-a-nice-tight-cluster effect.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dub T Well-Known Player

If I am already using Proton Remedy, should I still drop TCE for NB?
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I agree with LT but would say replace atom splitter, not Thermo Chemical. You have Reorg in your loadout so just plan your camera around like every other tank, lol. Thermo Chemical is the best add juggling power in the game. It’s too valuable to leave out IMO. If you go way back to Obsidian Chill’s COTe walkthrough and kiting tutorial he makes a comment that atomic tank and only atomic tanks don’t have to kite the last boss adds but every other tank power does. Thermochemical is the reason. Same applies to Poison Ivy adds in MOMe.

Personally, I don’t run Immunity (Neutrino Blast) full time but there are a few situational scenarios where I’ll replace Mass Density with it but I run hard light shield. Since you don’t, just drop the Lazy Pull aka Atom Splitter.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here’s my atomic dps video. For some reason I’ve been having terrible luck the last 2 days making recording difficult lol. Lost Internet in the middle of recording yesterday and was followed by a series of lag spikes. Than today I was getting back to back 10% crit parsers lol. And getting a couple human errors when things were going right lol.

Anyways hope it helps someone.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Dang the last time this was even commented on was over a year ago this saddens me is it just the community is getting that much smaller or is it the forum community is getting smaller?
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s that most people just go to YouTube now. Fewer and fewer people try to looking things up and read up on things. Instead they go to a YouTube video that has a lot of views and copy what they say.
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I miss discussing rotations loadouts ideas etc
  13. L T Devoted Player

Me too. Sadly, I think we're like the only ones.

As far as guides I'd way rather read a 10-30 second post explaining a load out or strategy than watch a 5 minute video, but I get that others don't feel that way. It's why I've stopped doing guides.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup same. I still run into some here and there but not as many as there used to be
  15. The Anxient Loyal Player

I have always enjoyed talking rotations, builds, etc. I main Atomic but nothing has really changed with the power in a few years.
  16. L T Devoted Player

So do you tank? Tanking Atomic feels broken to me, and has since revamp, because you need to use weapons to counter instead of using combos. It often feels like ice with lower defense and a weaker shield -- cause I mostly tank with 3 shields.
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yeah I tried fighting for it during the tank revamp but was told that Atomic, on paper, was the strongest tank in the game. Like you said it feels like a poor man's ice tank.
  18. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I was talking the first real boss of fos2 elite as atomic and it felt bad. The boss requires kiting and constantant add management. You can't really combo on the move. I immediately switched to earth and basically made the fight easy mode.
    • Like x 1
  19. L T Devoted Player

I have personally debated with devs on this point. If you could get multiple complete combos off in a 12 second "rotation" then atomic would be king but in real life that's just not the case. It wasn't when atomic was released, and when Avair removed counters from the combos it became even less likely. With 1 complete combo in 12 seconds Atomic is worse than pre-fixed fire.
    I give you cool points for trying FOS2E with Atomic! It's not bad with Earth (my main tank now) Haven't tried it as Fire, but my league mate assures me it's doable.
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It Goes to show how much has to go into a boss fight when you have bunch of different playstyles. Earth was likely in development when the boss was created so it was taken into consideration but Atomic's need to have the aura or be screwed highlights how a lot of older content wasn't build around todays combat system.

The avatar of meta was a problem for me as earth too. You start blocking and lose your tank buff. Brick Dies quite easily to the purple ball or the whip attacks and you can't face tank him really (maybe my gear was too low). I think if the devs are going to to force us to redo older content they have to do a pass on the bosses to make sure the mechanics don't completely make you ability to perform irrelevant. I'm sure it is doable but FOS2 at launch you could at least face tank the bosses with some success and that was harder than elite is now I think.
    • Like x 1