An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Miserable Dedicated Player

Terrible font.
  2. Snix Dedicated Player

That's kinda reassuring to be honest. First time making a guide of any sort. It's still a W.I.P. I'll probably try out different fonts.
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

Here are my four loadouts with explanations and rotations:

Raid DPS
    1-AS (Atom Splitter), 2-TCE (Thermochemical Explosion), 3-BS (Beta Surge), 4-GBlast, 5-Neutrino (Neutrino Blast) , 6-APA (Atom-Powered Assault)

Weak trash - Geiger AM
    Main Rotation: (Aura [apply it however you like]) > Beta x2 (2 clicks that is) > TCE x1 (1 click that is).

-With perfect clipping, you should get about 51 hits per 10 seconds on the 3 target dummies in LH. This is the rotation I eat and breathe. I am mobile with this rotation, but in order to do so requires a lot of jump clipping. It feels like old school clipping and I love, love love this rotation. My friends have had good success with it too.

-The reason why I do not think it is OP, even though I have demonstrated it DOES exceed the goal of a Tunso test, is that one tiny screw up from the user, and the rotation is a significant loss.

But this is how I compete for the top and it is very exciting to play. So much fun :)

Solo/Duo/Tankless Alert DPS
    1-TCE, 2-BS, 3-Nuke (nuclear burst), 4-GBlast, 5- PR (Proton Remedy), 6- APA

Weak trash -Geiger AM
    Mobs focusing on me:
    -------A lot of mobs: (aura) > AS x2 > TCE x2 > repeat
    --------0-3ish mobs: (aura) > BS x2 > TCE x1 > repeat (the is the same as the main rotation as above)

-I like to have two aura shortcuts always, cause hey sometimes things happen. PR is great heals when going without a healer, I will never solo/low content DPS without it. You could argue Density. If Density applied the aura, I'd use it instead.
    -I like to have a geiger rotation always available to me, because it tends to deal with trash waves a lot better

Tank
    1-AS, 2-TCE, 3- AR (Atomic Reorganization), 4-(Mass) Denisty, 5-NB , 6-PR

Combo: YES.
    (aura) > AS x2> TCE x2 > never stop repeating. Unless you're in the Brother Blood Fight in UME, I usually do a AS x2> Nukex2 > repeat on him, and just spam Nuke when his red shield is up.

I like having two aura shortcuts just in case, as always. Both are great oh crap buttons.
    Atom Reorg is almost always a must for me.
    I tend to use Density in raids, and Mass Density in harder alerts, but sometimes Ill keep it for BDE

Battle Tank (3600 Dom, 9000 Might)
    1-AS, 2-TCE, 3-BS (sometimes AR), 4-(Mass) Denisty, 5-NB (Neutrino Blast), 6-PR

Same playstyle ans reasonings as above.

If there is a really superstar DPS in the group, I will usually do just above half his damage in a raid, which in my mind is pretty incredible. When carrying people 143 and under through NGN, I will be the top DPS in that group as their battle tank.
    • Like x 2
  4. Roomba Dedicated Player

And here is a video of me showing it.

This video got lucky with crits XD

You may get higher quality by viewing it right from youtube instead.
    • Like x 1
  5. Miserable Dedicated Player

I bet Cruelty would be a savage with Atomic.
  6. Roomba Dedicated Player

People that are using Geiger beam: Are you seeing dramatically improved differences in dps against targets under 35%?

Numbers would be great
  7. Rammy Well-Known Player

Just trying to make sure I'm understanding this right. You put up the aura then do the full beta combo, clip the last hit with tce, only combo once and clip that with beta? So simple yet so much fun!
  8. Roomba Dedicated Player

Yup, sounds like you got it exactly. I'll clarify for anyone else still not with me though.

I put up the full aura then it's:
    [> = click, / = clip]

BS > BS > BS /TCE > TCE / BS > BS > BS / TCE > TCE / BS > BS > BS / TCE > TCE / BS > and so on

****Remember the goal is 48-51 hits per 10 seconds

So as you can see from the bolded and underlined portion, this is really a rotation with 3 separate "attacks", 2 of which are double hits.

That is why this rotation works so well.

Really glad you're having fun with it too. It has the fast-paced combat I've been missing!
    • Like x 2
  9. Snix Dedicated Player

Nice Loadout Mind if I add it too the Loadout Section?
  10. Snix Dedicated Player

He really don't like it much to be honest. Cruelty and Savage don't go together to well though lmao.
    • Like x 1
  11. Roomba Dedicated Player

Sure, but slap my name on it if you don't mind, I have an ego to feed.
    • Like x 2
  12. Snix Dedicated Player

Will do. On anther note, I've tried your loadout and the highest I've gotten is

[10.0s] 56536/s - 565358 - 61 Hits (23725 max) - 18 (32.7%) crits - 3 targets.
    [10.0s] 57397/s - 573969 - 59 Hits (23614 max) - 24 (40.7%) crits - 3 targets.

Will keep trying for 60k. PS4 may be a variable in this though.
  13. Roomba Dedicated Player

Yeahhh corrections made in red. My brain was.. fuzzy.. at the time of writing. I accidentally swapped the two hot bars when writing thing. Everything else is still the same.
  14. Roomba Dedicated Player

what are you adding in to get 61 and 59 hits? RSK? A dot?

And don't forget, don't treat those numbers as sacred. It's better to compare your own dps vs other rotations. Your DPS and mine are gonna differ based on CR, stats, league bonuses, etc.
  15. Snix Dedicated Player

Yea I use RSK. I don't prefer the Geiger AM so I added my personal preferences to your loadout. Same rotation though.

Yea I know comparing my numbers to your numbers is like comparing apples to oranges. Just throwing what I parsed out there.

I'm 148 CR 12220 Base Might 216 SP btw.

Quick question do you ever refresh APA or is that a damage loss?
  16. Roomba Dedicated Player

My testing shows that it's always a damage loss. I will say though that I do hit orbital/trinket/APA when waves come during bosses
  17. Cruelty Active Player

What I do?
  18. Dogico Loyal Player

Good job Snix.
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

I'll double check but I think I was getting higher numbers just rotating between TCE and AS. AS is slower than BS but hits harder.

The only time you should use APA is if you have lost the aura. That's something I and a lot of other combo dps need to work on, keeping the aura up while going through hallways. Running with two shortcuts isn't a bad idea.
  20. Roomba Dedicated Player

I get about 2-3k dps less with AS>TCE compared to what I use in the video. I havent been able to break 60k on my toon with AS>TCE yet, which I can do with mine when I get lucky with a high crit rate. Just got a 61k right now. My record so far with mine is 66.5k, for comparison sake.

Yeah AS is a good back up. Like I said, my rotation only works when youre consistently on point with clipping. Otherwise you can use this.

Another thing to consider though again is the speed. It's easier to counter with this, and also a lot easier to keep aura up in case of multiple CCs.

Also: Because both of the melee combos have their DPS backloaded, and AS does indeed take seemingly so long to get off, you're only going to get those "wow" numbers if you happen to crit on those particular hits. This is just nice steady streaming digits of pow.