An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I have used a double weapon buff battle heal loadout. RcC ends up overwriting one McB's potential damage.
    For Benediction, you get the same type of healing with Malediction cBenediction just on one target. It's Ideal for boss fights
    Benediction stays with the effect up and Malediction, while active with BcM in effect translates damage into healing
    as for the Renew into Curse, it's not delayed, it follows the effect of McB while active. To really get it's full effect, place it on something that does steady streams of damage. You may also like Cleansed Consume Soul..with McB up, the Burst Damage is an incredible heal
    While still lagging behind AcB, and Corrupted Wrath of the Presence, it is a great tool with many adds present
  2. Flewt New Player

This is awesome thanks!! >:) However I'm slightly confused about what you mean with RcC overwriting McB potential damage?
    So many options to try out!! Hehe now I'm super excited all over again
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Sorry, I mean BcM ends up overwriting McB's potential damage on RcC due to a bug.
  4. nalgasdlemur Level 30

Well, yeah. I picked up the idea because of people talking about using it for their DPS builds, but because I already had Renew in my battle healing loadout for clipping things I decided to see how it'd do in there. I always figure if I'm not hitting my resto cap when McB is up, there's still room to add more damage. Celestial: Healing the world by beating people up.
    • Like x 1
  5. Flewt New Player

Ah that makes a lot more sense! ^-^ Thanks for the clarification :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Flewt New Player

Hahaha oh indeed!! x') We're cool like that
    • Like x 1
  7. Lady Thren New Player

I'd like to suggest a Hybrid Healer build I use. Seems to work for full Healers as well...

Powers: Blessing, BcM (or McB), AcB, Consume Soul, Renew, and Divine Light.

Iconics: All healer and dps iconics specced.

NOTE: The last 3 and Blessing are -not- comboed.

171 SPs, specced into crit heal chance, crit mag, Resto (main tiers & +35s), Precision (+35s & some main tiers), crit dmg & crit chance.

Also use DW>Bow WM.

This loaadout does heavy heals but the dmg in healer role turns out to be just as high!
    • Like x 3
  8. Lady Thren New Player

BTW I've been testing out this build in Lockdown recently:

Blessing, BcM, Sacrifice, Consume Soul, and DL (last two & Blessing not comboed).

On my Hybrid build.... if you clip Sacrifice with Blessing, it reduces the dmg you take in and Sacrifice merely seems to taunt some adds plus bosses. Blessing doesn't remove the shields from the SC from what I've seen.

OH & the HoT plus PoT from the SC is awsome! Its worth looking into some more.
    • Like x 3
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Good info about Blessing and Sacrifice. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  10. Lady Thren New Player

No prob! I want to test it out with DMcB too. I'll keep you posted!

Please test those builds out and hmu with the info that you get via that proggy you use (Shiny Mac). ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yup Lady Thren is a beast too with Celestial.
    In Battle healing and in dps!
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm a range dps player, I just can't cope melee dpsing lol! What would be a good mid range, to range loadout?
    Is PcDL-WcR-RcWx3 a good one?
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

That's what I'm running with in Lockdown, ATM. Also have CI in there.
    • Like x 2
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

15. Lady Thren New Player

Thankies! :3
    • Like x 1
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You're welcome! :3
    • Like x 1
  17. MentosTroll Loyal Player

On 2 adds or more, is RcW really better than DW(Explosive Shot)? I doesn't seem like it.
  18. Lady Thren New Player

Depends on how and when you use it. Most of the time it seems more to be on par with DW>Boe(ES), however keep in mind that the Combat Log and the #s you see floating on the screen don't always match up. This is part of the reason why Shiny Mac is an awesome tool to use for these tests. :)
  19. blklightning New Player

Are you SURE that 2x healers can rely on McB to heal a raid? It's an 8-man HoT, so the heal should be overwritten by the more recent cast. Happy to help you test.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, now you have me doubting. Best to confirm.