An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, he's just using PD to clip his buffs here. Nothing particularly fancy. I honestly doubt it gives you much more DPS. All it does is save you about 1 second every 12, and it restricts your loadout. Using DP over Anoint is also a damage loser. I wouldn't get too excited about the damage, itself, as it's a CR 145 player against a CR 126 target. Not downplaying the burst of WotPcCS, of course. It's real. You just have to look at the context. You'll honestly do better with a DoT running under the burst. I'm currently running with RcW (for fastest AM setup), CScWotP (DoT), WotPcCS (burst), Anoint, Benediction, CI. Very effective.
    • Like x 6
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

Hello guys, its been a time i have posted around here bu:

- Have you ever thought about Celestial having a different but similar AM?.

I don't have any problems about using Celestial as it actually is. I have been Celestial since a few weeks after release, which means i have a lot of time with it.

But rather to some situations people find themselves like getting interrupted all time while comboing and ever reach to the desired big precision hit we all love to see coming.

Most of the people, including me, i can't stand getting interrupted by these mobs. It really pisses me off. Meanwhile, one of the most strategies used in raids is comboing "ScH + RcW" transition. (Smite into Haunt, Retribution into Wither). Which is pretty basic for any starter celestial dps.

I want to know what you guys think about letting "ANOINT" or "DARK PACT" starts AM?. This could be divided into 2 options:

1. Activate Anoint increase AM damage even if you get interrupted it still works. Damage will increase and vary according to the number of combos you can do while Anoint is in cooldown. The hard or longer combo takes to be casted, the better damage we will inflict. Anoint is a precision based buff which it only work if you are fully precision geared.

2. Activate Dark Pact increase AM damage even if you get interrupted it still works. The variation here is similar to the first one i just mentioned on #1. Dark Pack is a might based buff.

**. The only thing to consider here, what if i decide to have ANOINT + DARK PACT. As well, they don't overwrite each other which is really cool to use them together. If this happens, casting them need balance to be created. I won't imagine this combination having 4x damage than using one of the others options i just mentioned.

Other facts to consider:

1. Both buff are AM starters, it means that after you activate any of them inmediately you are going to be granted AM bonus (Damage). A real example: It's like working with QUANTUM AM.

2. If someday, near 2050, this idea get approved by you guys, it would mean:
    - Celestial combos needs somehow get balanced. Cause if you think closely, Celestial would look OP but it won't. Yeah, i'm sure.
    - Every successful ANOINT or DARK PACT increases by a % your actual damage.

3. No matter what happen, not everyone uses ANOINT or DARK PACT in their DPS loadouts. In fact, this idea is just an option for people who get mad about getting interrupted in a raid so far. I don't count Alerts cause this what makes challenge up-to-date.

If you start reading this, you may want to feel like... "OH NO" another AM variation or qq or anything related to crying in community.

I just like finding alternatives for a better experience. It may looks a bit odd, but this could keep us a bit safer than actually we do in raids. Using Home turf mods can help too but i just want to know your comments about this.

SN: IM NOT SAYING CELESTIAL SUCKS, we all veterans already know how this power is really lovely for those who really cares finding the knowledge of being a GOD!. (Literally).

SN2: ITS JUST A SMALL DISCUSSION. Don't take it seriously but constructive. This is not going to happen in DCUO. I would like to invite you to PM ME if you need to know anything else that you are not understanding / QUOTE me to this post so we can start answering your questions.

Thanks for the time guys, i'm looking forward to Remander and a few others to answer this boring post .. LOL.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

On my mobile Phone atm. Maybe i will answer more detailed later :D
    (love that pic at the end)

I am not against your idea, got my self already thinking about it.
    Just got an idea (while writing it), but will Type it later with my computer ;).

The "only" problem (in my opinion) would be the rebalancing again.. Also i could life with just anoint being am Starter.. Later more about dp.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

Ok here is my longer answer.

About the AM start with Anoint:
    Yes I like the idea... but then it would need an entire new balancing step for celestial.

About DP:
    While I was writing my first answer I had an idea.
    Atomic has its 2 AMs (Combos and Geiger). It could work with celestial also.

1. Combos: Starting with Anoint (or just normal like now)
    2. DP AM: Using DP and then something like 3 powers + Defile.

This is just a raw idea without thinking much about it.

I know celestial won't get it and there is no 100% need for it. Just some playing around with ideas^^
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Interesting ideas, but there are some issues to consider. First, we're about half way through the damage balancing, at this point. For that reason alone, I doubt we'll see any significant changes to any of the AMs that have already been balanced. Second, using the buffs as AM starters may, in itself, be problematic. You would only have Anoint or DP to start the AM, which restricts your options over what we currently have available (namely, every combo except ScH and HcS).

Each buff currently has a 12 second cooldown, so either the cooldown would need to be decreased significantly to allow for restarting of a failed AM or the AM would have to be maintained, regardless of failing to chain combos. The latter is especially problematic, as it would open the door for hybrid play and would really make balancing difficult. If, as you proposed, the AM damage would increase depending on the number of successfully chained combos you complete, the ramp-up to peak damage would actually be worse and interrupts would still be an issue.

Ultimately, both buffs have a dovetail that results in a 1.3 second animation. The fastest combo to start the AM, currently, is RcW, which has a clipped combo duration of 2 seconds. Therefore, even if you were to do this, you're only saving 700 milliseconds in start up time. That's pretty negligible, and in the process, you'd be creating more potential issues. I really don't think the AM needs adjustments. Even with interrupts, you can get the AM back up fairly quickly. Most other AMs have interrupt issues, too.

I think it's best to leave well enough alone.
    • Like x 3
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im out guys. Been screwed over enough by the horrible customer service in this game.
    Carry on the healing torch. Im done.
    • Like x 1
  7. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Is your loadout a battle Healer?
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes. With 3100 Precision and 13k restoration it is very effective. With a 15k power bar I can pretty much use powers freely like a dps.
  9. CaptainNova Well-Known Player

How do you rotate under what situations I'm learning to break away from my AcB to CS with Blessing and DL when I need a quick pick up clipped with Renew and lastly Cons Ground
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

The loadout you quoted is very aggressive and is mostly used for alerts and non elite versions of raids.

Usually I would start with

McB --> AcB --> PcDL --> AcB -->PcDL rinse and repeat.

DLcP, RcC and BcDM are all saftey precautions for oh **** moments while still being able to keep up the AM buff. However most of the time the big damage from PcDL with McB provides more than enough heals for the entire group. So much so that if a person wanted to they could sub out one of the saftey precautions for RcW like I know several battle healers do.

I just like to play it safe. For heavy intense damage I would not recommend this loadout and rotation though, especially for content where there is alot of heavy damage coming in and you are solo healing.
  11. CaptainNova Well-Known Player

What do you recommend for each situation been trying to figure it out on my own but a little lost
  12. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I started playing around with my BH load outs, taking to account what I have read here. I have been using the following for anyone interested. I use DW weapon Mastery, as well to this.

McB, AcB, CscWoTP, Blessing, PcDL, DLcP/CI

Depending on content, I swap out DLcP for CI. If gives me another HOT, when I BH. I've done both the new alert and raid with this with pretty good success.

I start with Acb--->McB-->PcDL---> Weapon Mastery. If I miss either McB/PcDL due to being hit, I throw in CscWoTP and Blessing until they cool down.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

My standard healing loadout for any given situation is
    DL, Blessing, Renew, AcB, consume soul, Sacrifice( substitute with CG for known controlled area damage, ex. survival mode, small arena fights, etc). All those moves can be made comboable and is highly recommended if you want to sneak in extra damage. Reason McB is not in that loadout is because that loadout is for heavy damage intake by the group to where you need every move to heal instantly in some type of way.

When I run content there are 3 healing armories I have for the 3 given situations that arise.

1. weak damage intake. ( Mainly in regular alerts, old raids, and open world content) Here you can simply run any loadout and it will work. In this type of content you can experiment and try new things due to the enemies hitting with pillows.

2. Moderate damage intake. ( Mainly in elite alerts, current raids, and situations where you have a bad group) Here you have a loadout set to where you can dish out damage but can every once in while heal the big stuff too.

3. Heavy to deadly damage intake. ( Mainly elite raids, Survival mode, and situations where things are out of control). Here you have a loadout that is strictly on a heal first basis as you are trying to mitigate damage with shields while keeping everyone alive after taking repeated big hits.

For situation 1 I even run with robot sidekick.
    For situation 2 I run with the previous loadout I explained.
    For situation 3 I run with what I gave earlier in this post.

If you can divide the content you run into those 3 categories you can see and pinpoint what loadouts are best for you and how to tackle each situation.
  14. CaptainNova Well-Known Player

Ahh I see that makes sense I thought it was just me trying to make things more viable or if I had missed something.
  15. CaptainNova Well-Known Player

To shift into Dps is it better to start with your buff like RcW or AcB into anoint/Benediction or the buffs first then combo?
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

PvP getting attention. Im gonna get my armory up amd running for it.
    Hehe
  17. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

o_O

I thought you were done with DCUO?
    • Like x 1
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Anger never ends well for me. I can't stay mad for long and issues were resolved behind the scenes
    • Like x 2
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Depends. In solo and duo content, I never lead with buffs and often don't even use them, due to power cost. In hallways of alerts and raids, I use them, but may or may not lead, depending on the health pools of the targets. In boss fights, I typically do lead with buffs.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

In solos and duos, do combo first then buff for greater power regen. For alerts and raids, boss fights wouldn't really matter, they stay alive long enough for you to pull off just about any rotation, but hallway mobs id buff right before team engages, then do combos. To ensure you get the most burst out you can since adds die fast.