An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Leafy Committed Player

are you getting interrupted? thats about the only time I lose any power at all?
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Swap Retribution to wither to be right after the buffs and you should notice a slight change in power regen. Simply due to RcW starting the AM damage. Usually I start with buffs then RcW, ScH, PcDL, WotPcCS/ AcB, RcW, repeat.

There are several loadouts to use, but I find myself never out of power with that loadout or even the traditional old loadout.
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Glad you like the guide!

As Derio stated, it's not the loadout, but the rotation. Going by what you listed, you aren't starting to regenerate power until your first Retribution cast. Basically, you're spending power on 3 abilities before you get to one that sets the AM and power regeneration (Plague into Divine Light). It's no surprise, then, that you've drained your bar before you can get power back. I like to start with Retribution into Wither. It's only 2 seconds clipped, and you're regenerating power and doing full AM damage on everything after. The only thing in your loadout that doesn't trigger power regeneration will be Anoint. Benediction and the other combos will. Give it a try. You'll be amazed at the difference!
    • Like x 1
  4. vowel New Player

Not sure about anyone else, but today I am getting VERY inconsistent numbers with Celest DPSing, mainly with WcCS. Normally this will hit for 25k+ for me, but today it'll hit for 3k one time and 25k the next (for example), on the same enemy, at the same range, within the same battle sequence. I've never seen such a dip in numbers from any power before. Anyone else getting this? It's really hurting at times when you can't even solo a group of enemies in the new duo because it hits for 3-5k instead of the usual five times harder.
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I haven't noticed it. I'll double check later
  6. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Were you getting knocked out of the combo at any point in the fight? This would cause you to lose the AM damage and would not achieve the same damage until after you use another combo that reactivates it.
    • Like x 1
  7. wuk0815 New Player

Thanks for the answers!
    Thought it was working, but it wasn't. Spent hours on trying and watching loadout tutorials on youtube. At what pace do you perform your combos? Most of the youtubers get their regenertion from the training dummy, only few can really do the am. You might have noticed that I am very eager to learn that ;). Any tips would be very appreciated - I am stuck again.
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Can't clip too fast.
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Oh Defile. So nice to use it again.
  10. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Yesterday went to my league hall with the 3 sparring targets was using the two buffs, then Rcw, WoTPcCS, CscWoTP,.. Hitting for around 440K in 30seconds.

Then I changed somethings up.

Rcw, Annoint, Bene, PcDL, WoTPcCS. HcS, . Repeat

Several things, I was clipping at a better rate and saw huge improvements in damage. I was hitting around 875-900K in 30 seconds, if I hit all my combos correctly.
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, PcDL is still solid, but it has issues in content. Nowadays, it pays to get closer to maximize damage, and PcDL is too vulnerable to interrupt at closer range. It's also not good for lower health targets. That's why I've pretty much dropped it from my loadout. I just can't find a good situation in which to use it anymore. I guess in content where you need to keep your distance against a boss, it would be a good option.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I use it in BD on a regular basis. The amount of adds they put there allows them to stay alive long enough to pull it off. Other then that yeah I rarely use PcDL myself.
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im using Blight as a clip at melee when refreshing buffs, instead of HcS. I like it.
    RcW Blight PcDL WotPcCS Bene Anoint.

Also I tried
    RcW WotPcCS CScWotP PcDL Bene Anoint
    RcW WcR Blight CScWotP Bene Anoint
    AcB WotPcCS CScWotP PcDL Bene Anoint
    RcW HcS AcB PcDL Bene Anoint
    RcW BcA WotPcCS PcDL Bene Anoint
    BcA, CScWotP, PcDL, Cursed Idol, McB, Anoint

Tried Defile and damn it's friggin real in hallways and bosses but unless you use a movement mode power to cancel at the right moment, you won't really get much out of it.
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Welp, Im getting high damage with RcW WotPcCS PcDL AcB Bene Anoint.

RcW ScH PcDL Wither Bene Anoint nets me the most at a far distance.

Just working on a midrange loadout.
    • Like x 1
  15. Leafy Committed Player

let me know when you get that midrange loadout lol. ;)
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

PcDL is a unreal beast in healer role combined with McB. I was super impressed by it after solo healing BDR with it. I normally dont use it. But we had a solo atomic tank and so I had to pull out heals from thin air to keep everyone alive.

As far as dpsing goes. I have found PcDL still very much viable, but mostly at melee range for the big hitters. For single target it is not a very good reliable option but for content with lots of adds it is still very useful.

Still waiting on them to give Ice a buildup time. Since atomic combo mechanic still hasnt been proven better than its 1-2-3-4 mechanic, it makes me wonder if they will revisit all combo powers to make the risk = reward as far as damage goes to equal or greater than the 1-2-3-4 mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  17. Leafy Committed Player

what was your healing loadout if you don't mind sharing? :)
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

DLcP, BcDM, RcC, AcB, McB, PcDL
    • Like x 2
  19. Leafy Committed Player

cool thanks!
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I love PcDL in healer role. Very powerful with McB.
    And the cool down is shorter than DLcP so you get more Healing.
    • Like x 1