An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

CI is not a good idea. Brother blood has a FOS3 healer mechanic, and cursed idol forces it to go off. I learned that the hard way last night. Never got the chance to throw a RcW on any boss fight due to my group having a solo troll and the damage everyone was taking was fierce even with 2 healers.

And Blessing saves lives, literally.
    • Like x 3
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I know he has a medic mechanic.
    The first boss will be when I use it, if ever.
    Im so hooked on CG and Sacrifice.

Oh no. Im going in with 2222.
    I need my power.

I'll see what I can manage this weekend
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

We were trying to figure out if both might and precision attacks triggered the shield explosion, but couldn't be sure. Are you certain CI set it off?
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

The good thing is that it can only get stronger at this point, so Im not worried about it.
    Though Nature and Sorcery may be the ones that take our throne once more, we wont be as weak before

Lots of people will question it, but oh well.
    They dont pay my sub or your sub.
  5. ChillCat Loyal Player

Ok, so what's the verdict so far? Was the Celestial update from GU53 (power balancing Phase 3) a mild improvement? Big improvement? Some good things and others bad? Player satisfaction feedback is necessary to ensure the next power on the list gets similar attention to provide similar satisfaction.
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Haven't tested the damage in a raid, but from what i've seen and what leaguemates told me it'S fine. A leaguemate was in BP behind earth but it was very close. So looks not too bad.
    The battlehealing side... gotta love it!!

Pvp... psst.. :D
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea I set CI in the middle of the room to hit both brother blood and the brother that was up. I watched when the tank was blocking and his shield went off because when my CI crit on him he went off and almost killed the tank.

However its weird because the damage from DL did not set it off, perhaps because DL in healer role is a beneficial power.
    • Like x 1
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

I also have yet to DPS, but the healing damage is awesome.
    • Like x 1
  9. Skelter Helter Well-Known Player

Heh, been killing people with WrathcCS critting for 30k-40k, unfortunately. Haven't tried Defile with DP yet.
  10. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Are you still running McB, AcB, CscWoTP, WoTPcCS, Blessing?
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Yep. In my battle spec, the last slot is Anoint. In my more conservative spec, I have a SC that varies.
  12. Tilz Loyal Player

admonish criting for 11k... no AM buff active. AcB into WotPcCS gives a 16k+ hit (no crit) on cCS. Defile is nice. Saw a 17k crit wihtout DP
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Got on for a sec.

Hehe. RcW is definitely being slung by this guy as a healer.
    WotPcCS. Yes. All. The. Yes.
    • Like x 1
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Good news CI does not activate BB shield. Ran it again today and it never went off while CI was up. However I dont use CI anymore during that fight simply due to CG and blessing = being able to pick up 1 or 2 people who went down in the blood pool.
    • Like x 2
  15. Pults Loyal Player

PvP is good.
    • Like x 1
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Awesome! That means it keys off precision damage, as we suspected!
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea pure weapon atacks, but celestial combos are excluded. Was casting cleansed plague on him all day and it didnt set it off.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Good to know, thanks!
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

Yay! It might be a little bit of a pain for Pet and DoT AMs, but at least it does not affects all their damage.

Do you know if pet weapon attacks trigger it? I know its a little specific to test, but if you or anyone happens to notice it might helps those powersets.
  20. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I'm having fun using cursed blessing. Would be nice if it went to all four players instead of just one not including yourself.