An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

So are they going to buff melee anytime soon. I'm getting just blown out by Mental, Ice, Fire, ect dpses that have a "melee" AM. All they need to do is buff the damage on the melee combos its extremely simple.....not sure what's taking so long.

Melee(Melee/MidRange) Powers include:
    WotP
    Blight
    Admonish

Melee(Melee/MidRange) Combos include:
    CS->cWotP
    Adomonish->Blight
    DeathMark->Blessing
    WotP->cCS
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Yes, I have received confirmation that there will be a melee buff.

It's taking a while, because Celestial in farther along in the queue. Should be soon, though. FWIW, I think buffs to the melee combos will be the approach. Don't hold me to that, though. ;)
    • Like x 3
  3. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

You speak of a queue as if making these changes takes forever to do. I work for a software company and have a team of developers I speak with on a daily basis as well as often edit their coding when needed for quick fixes. Making damage changes to melee powers is an easy fix that could take an intern less than an hour to change even if they were horrible coders and didn't maker their codes with some type of categorization. I understand that for non coders and non programmers it's easy for you all to think that the work they need to do is difficult and takes a long time but it really doesn't. This is why I have offered up my services on more than one occasion free of charge and under NDA. I could definitely make some of these easy changes in a day/2 days top if given the opportunity and minor onboarding to get used to the language they are using. Good to hear they are at least on it though. Thanks man.
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

There's basically one person working on it, and I presume it's not his only task. It is what it is.
  5. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

So the power team went from Spord, Drenz, Tunso to just Tunso? Man layoffs galore. Even got rid of my favorite dev, Dev Dirt, the guy that brought us better pvp connections and the dps parser.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

No, but he's the one tasked with this. There aren't any real powerset adjustments. It's all damage tuning.
  7. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Aka its all editing base damage which takes 5 mins and an intern could do....that was my point.
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

So... lets talk about singletarget:
    I get around 11-12k /s.
    -- 4,8k prec, max damage, cr 130, ps, 198sp for prec and crits (now 200 btw :))
    using 3 buffs, rcw, male, ci
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Try using the standard RcW, ScH, PcDL, Anoint, Bene, CI. I was getting higher single target DPS with that than with the triple buff approach.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Dont really care for melee range buff. As long as mid range continues to be the most effective I will be fine.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

I dont use that combo for DPS, but for healing I do because it is a great weapon to use.
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

It's not about melee specifically. Compared to the other powersets that can take advantage of increased damage closer in, Celestial (with the recent update to Earth) now has the worst average DPS potential in the game. If everyone has to stay outside of 12.5 m, is actually the best. We all know there isn't much in the game that doesn't allow you inside 12.5 m.
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

Still get far better numbers with my rotation.. 3k per sec more... weird
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

I'm not fond of the melee changes. Would rather have a pre-talk about it going until I have to deal with it on test as it usually means no further deeper adjustments coming before live. Some melee combos would need adjustments to make thme work unless the whole thing is just hiting harder on melee regardless what combo you use which will end up in the random RcW button smash what we currently have already. Especially worried since we excel on range already above rest, let them turn melee on par with the current heavy hitters that pets are and the few occassions of range will pull celestial on the fotm train again. Range is overtuned right now simply because it was designed without the 12.5m range/melee damage difference system in mind. We were super balanced but then they came with the ice, etc. GU that created just another dmg baseline and thrown everything created two months ago out of the window over night. Actually hilarious if you think about it.

With a few tricks I can still compete tho which is quite funny but that is also already a week ago since then just healed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, ranged will get nerfed. It's the top range performer. Problem is that other powersets can get midrange or melee, where Celestial ends up at the bottom of the heap damage-wise.
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

i see it coming..
    Range nerf - melee/midrange buff - alot of interruptions and start AM buff again... not sure how the devs will solve/do this. We'll see. ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I did BS today and before I got warmed up to kill the big mob with PcDL, they got annihilated by the Ice and Mental dps.

Balance? pfff I think not.

When I was mental last week, I was still prec speced and still one shotted things...
  18. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

It would be nice if Mal got the AM buff, single target solved. Don't know why they haven't implemented it...
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, average DPS does not tell the whole story. Of course, I think the only way to have complete balance in all situations is to make all powersets essentially the same with different skins. I don't think any of us want that.

Regarding low health trash mobs, I typically don't even bother with PcDL. You and I both know that the setup time is working against you. Celestial is one of the most situational powersets in the game.
    • Like x 1
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

The only DoT that's part of the AM is DL, and that's five ticks. The other AM abilities are fractionated burst, rather than true DoTs. I don't see them adding longer DoTs to the AM...though I'm not against it. ;)
    • Like x 2