An open mind, and hope for the best

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mexmex Dedicated Player

There is a lot of info, around the revamp, and there have been lots of different points of view around the revamp especially if it is good to go or not.
    I have always being loud and vocal towards stuff I dislike in the game, and rarely I have agree with the devs, but I have keep playing and paying because in the end I still enjoy till some degree the game. Just as many of you members do.

I will like to mention first of all, that I think revamp will never be perfect just because nothing is, some may like it or not, it is up to each of us to decide, sure we all can express our own thoughts, but threads like "is going to fail" "it's so bad" is not ready yet and other stuff is just spreading panic, and that does not help at all.

We all want and expect different things, and will always be working to fulfill those "needs" Some times luck will be on our favor and some times not.

With each change the devs face a dilemma, some people will like it other will hate it.
    If the devs implemts what they think is a good sugestion but discards others, they only listen to a few.
    If they don't, then they don't care
    If they do something that favor vets, they doing that for elitist
    If they do something for casual, then they are ignoring hardcore
    So is a never win for them.
    They do not need to probe us anything, their job is to keep running the game and this revamp is the result of them trying to build a better game, and not otherwise. We should start from there.

I do believe this revamp is for the better. Since I dislike what we have live
    There might be things that still need to tune a bit sure, but there will always be room for improvements (remember what you thinks is better not neccesarly is for others)
    Thanks for all the real testers, that have kept and objective eye in all this process.
    I can't wait to see this live, because that is the ultimate test, there can always be hot fixes, I want this out, so they can move on into a very much needed others things that have been delay for to long. And in the process I hope they keep a close eye to What is working or broken and act accordingly.

Let's give it a try with an open mind, I am excited about it, and I really hope is for the best, hope it allow us to play a more versatile game, sure there will always be a top rotation, always, even if it's delay for a whole other year.
    • Like x 11
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Honestly I feel like they need to A: Adjust the damage for certain powersets, B: Continue to Polish more powersets for better use with playstyles(Example: Quantum Play from the tray.) C: Adjust the support roles make them more functional(people've been saying this for quite sometime now) D: Increase PFTT's power regeneration speed(I'd say make it that PFTT can keep at least 40/50% of their bar, so controllers will still be needed) E: Balance out the older tier content.

Note I'm not saying the examples above need to be done in a particular order, I'm just saying it needs to be done. Because I guarantee there will still be people complaining about the revamp, but if we can reduce the amount of complaints by even just a little bit; that will help.
    • Like x 7
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

My personal opinion of the revamp doesnt matter. It was announced as taking the game back to what it used to be pre gu47. And thats not what it is. Its a completely different version of the game. So right off the bat because of that a red flag goes up.

Secondly this revamp is undoing that last one. We all know why. Yet the process for this new revamp is exactly the same as the previous one. If ya keep doing the same thing u get the same result. And like the previous revamps some peoples feedback is taken into account while other peoples feedback seems to be meaningless. Really hard to test when thats going on. I see people with an agenda giving feedback meaning they want things a certain way and if anyone disagrees the attacks start. I see some who only tested dps at end game and then say everything is fine. I see old content that seems to have bee overlooked despite feedback from 8 months ago pointing out there were issues. My experience on test shows me hybrid, pftt, and wpns are not competitively balanced. As well as the powersets. And i still cannot understand why some seem to have their minds made up despite barely or never testing and having such an issue with others who are asking questions and raising concerns.

Lastly, and because if what i said here^, its hard to have an open mind when going through a 3rd revamp in 4 years and seeing pretty much the exact same process happening. I know the testing is not done. But i wonder why an announcement was made then? No guide lines or testing method has me concerned.

Going through a 3rd one of these in 4 years makes a player wonder when is this going to end? When is a direction going to be picked and stuck with? Why is the norm to expect updates to go live with broken stuff and hot fix over and over on live? U been around long enough all these questions come to mind. Like ive also said i dont think the player base the game has today is going to adjust to this revamp well. Now none of this means i dont want the revamp to happen. I wanted it to be what they said it was going to be and have it improve the game. It remains to be seen if that will happen.
    • Like x 13
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Hate to break it to you, but the developers work specifically off a trade off system.

Basically it works like so:

Cooldown & powercost are tied into damage output, so if you reduce the power consumption for Quantum or any powerset individually; you'll also be causing that powerset to get a damage nerf because of the trade-off system in the revamp. That's why I proposed for the idea to just tweak the regeneration.
    • Like x 4
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I know that they TRY to use a trade off but not in some instances. I test all the time. I am not allowed to give feedback anymore
    ( well.... for a year ) xP but that's my fault. You can push for more power ( less power cost ) if you can prove your numbers. The numbers are there I just cannot do anything about it.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Earlier i saw someone say trolling was the best and most fun its been in years. Not sure how someone who took a 2 year break from the game can be saying that but its besides the point. Point is i saw a video today that was from 5 days ago, where an 8 player group was fighting bosses. There were 2 trolls and and all the dps in the group were out of power. Yet the trolls had 50% or more power. This makes absolutely no sense to me. It feels like you're fighting with yourself as a troll. Fighting to give out power but it seems like no one is getting any :confused: Its mind boggling to me that anyone would say thats "fun." I have trolled on test and experienced the same thing. I felt more useless as a troll then i do on live. It felt like no matter how hard i worked people were out of power. And i was told there are no issues with power scaling :eek:
    • Like x 3
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No it won't ever be perfect, the revamp can come out flawless with no bugs, no exploits, no FoTM, all roles correctly balanced with content and PvP in perfect condition and someone somewhere would still cry and complain because it's not what they personally envisioned. So my opinion, fix the issues that people are complaining about the most and get on with it. People will cry, throw tantrums, threaten to quit, etc, regardless. On with the show, with or without them.
    • Like x 7
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Honestly, if players are out of power as DPS they need to manage their power better. That's just how this revamp has been working.
    I really think the devs messed up by adding power to might & removing power as a place to put your Stat Points. Doing that made power look as if it was a secondary stat and it's not.
    • Like x 1
  10. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

very little is done for, with the players in mind...
    • Like x 2
  11. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

As a long time paying customer my statement on this recent game change is simple:
    If Sorcery and the way I interact with it on my main character changes in a severe way, specifically a severe way I do not like. Then I will officially stop being a paying customer.
    • Like x 4
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

I only hope that players take themselves the time to get into it without predjudice, and try it with an open mind...
    It is feeling awkward, clunky an the power management is odd at first... However: as the revamp has become more and more improoved over the course of Development, i realy came into the new games feeling and now, i hang around more on test server, simply because i have more fun there than on live server ;) players, you will like it as soon as you get the concept idea behind all mechanics, please learn the gameplay anew and i guarantee: you will have a good time as soon as you understand how to use it!
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

I think the power regen is not strong enough for power mastery and the weapon buff for weapon expert is an unballance and needs to get either backlash like less dammage for powers and/or the power mastery would need a buff for powers aswell
  14. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I think it's important to stress that most people aren't moaning for the sake of moaning, they're moaning because they want the game to be successful, they just disagree on how to go about that.

Personally I have been playing FF14 lately (whilst retaining my sub & still logging into DC a couple of times a week not to fall too far behind). DC was first mmo I played & FF14 the second so I have nothing else to compare. In my opinion FF wins by a distance graphically & has an edge on storytelling, whereas I think DC wins on combat & has an edge on customisation.

With that in mind, given that so much of DC's appeal lies in the fast combat system, it's a concern, both for my enjoyment of the game, & for it's survival if combat is slowed down, so to hear words such as 'clunky' being used...

I will for sure give the revamp a go, & sincerely hope it will be a great success, whether I personally love it or not
    • Like x 4
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Been open-minded since 2012 and all that's done for me is see friends come and go.
    • Like x 5
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

The most important thing for players to do is to be informed and to keep a critical eye more than an open mind. It is not our job to blindly accept game changes we find unappealing.
    • Like x 4
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

It takes a special kind of person to twist my response in the manner you are doing it.
    This was my response to your comment on the video: "I don´t have to convince you of anything, you are probably one of those *angry* forum posters that are *mad* because their AM´s are gone for good. But what it´s REAL is that after this (and 4 more controlled test with different setup of mods, stats and masteries) changes were made regarding controlling and healing (controllers got 20% increased power output, and healers got buffed by 5%).

So:
    1- First test was made, without allocating any SP on the Stat tree besides the mastery; No gear mods and removing gear pieces to lower our CR and make observations about how power consumption/regen change on different levels of CR. (the one of the video)
    2- Second test was made, max CR on US raid, with all the bells and whisles and ALL gear mods were POWER mods. Power wasn´t an issue on this test.
    3- Next test was made, same gear and Stat points as above, the only change was on the gear mods, we use for this one pure mods for each role (Vit, Resto, Might). Power issues reported by many testers during the whole revamp were present on this run.
    4- After all this observations, was released the last patch:

• Like x 2
  18. Fies Committed Player

tl;dr
    "Hi Im mexmex, one of the more frequent complainers on these forums. Now that there's finally something that floats my boat I urge you all to stop complaining and to hope for the best..." :)

Imo its really hard to "objectify" the benefits of this revamp. "We build a solid foundation"... well yeah for the 3rd or 4th time now? or "the game feels close to what it was 3+ years ago" ... what a huge step for this 7 year old game especially if a good junk of players dislikes it... "We (our characters) have been to strong for the last couple of years so we absolutely need that overall nerf to our strength" ... yeh pretty convincing and yet another reason why many players will dislike this "stats-matter" revamp.

Ok lets see what we got so far. On live I can choose different powers for different playstyles. Earth/Sorc/Electricity/Nature for "Hybrid", Ice/Fire/Munitions for "mobile channeled", Gadgets/Mental/Atomic for "1234" and Cele/Light/Rage/Atomic for combo. After the revamp I can pick a combo power for "PftT" or go "Hybrid" with everything else (as it stands now in order to be "competitive"). Most likely Im going to pick Handblasters for basically everything (or did I miss sth?) I ll have to choose my Mods wisely since each type is ideal for one playstyle only... #FreedomOfChoice. TC mods havent even been on test yet everything is "as balanced as never before" (let alone new mods in future TCs).
    Support roles are a joke (imo) and got way to less attention.

This revamp took to long and yet looks cobbled together. It's most likely not going to satisfy the (already small) playerbase as a whole and will alienate a good junk of players like every "revamp" before. Personally I dont dislike every aspect but at the same time I dont think its worth it at all.
    • Like x 3
  19. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

It's nice to see something not so doom and gloom filled in reference to the stats revamp. Once the last few kinks get worked out the stats revamp will be something positive for the game. All that's really left is tweaking support roles and balancing a few dps powers to avoid FOTM situations. Fatal is right, there is always gonna be someone who isn't happy because it isn't exactly what they wanted. I do however think the majority will like it once they adjust to the new changes. I am the world's worst when it comes to change, but this is one I've actually been looking forward to for a very long time now.

I'll also say how much I've enjoyed working on it despite the headache and stress lol. I've made some great friends through working on stats revamp, and enjoy playing the content like it was ages ago. Hopefully everyone can look at it at least with a "give it a chance" attitude instead of the chicken little perspective.
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Edit: Will pm ya.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.