An idiot at the game....

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by xXHIGHFLI3RXx, Aug 3, 2017.

1. xXHIGHFLI3RXx New Player

Okay, so I'd like to warn any readers that this will most likely be a long post. It is basically general questions I have about the game. To experts of the game, I will look like the stupidest person alive, but please try not to judge me too harshly! :)

Something to note before I begin is that I used to play this game a few years ago, then stopped and deleted it. A few weeks ago, I re-downloaded it and fell in love. This is mainly because I am a HUGE Batman fan, and DC in general too. I am also a member as I know that is important to access the entirety of this game - A legendary member, may I add. Not 1 month, but 3 month.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions are below:

1. What the hell was that revamp?
    Lmao, I love this game, but I was using mental and had a really good thing going with it, and then it went to crap. Garbage. Then again, that may just be because I am crap. P.S I do like what they did with the skill points though :)

2. Exobytes
    What are they? How do they work?

3. CR
    I finally found out that, in short CR depends on your gear. However, I see that some people have a CR of 180+
    I am struggling just to get to Tier 2 CR: 43 Lmao. What is the best and most efficient way to upgrade the CR

4. I don't know how to word this, apologies at how stupid it will probably look.
    When you get a piece of gear and there is no green or red stats, just white. What does that mean?
    When you get a piece of gear and it has two reds or greens, one further along, what does that mean?

5. Roles
    I do not understand roles AT ALL. I know what a role is in real life obviously, but, for example.
    One of my characters' powers is gadgets. A power that feels quite OP after the update, and actually allows me to win a few duels with those at my level. Fun fact, once it allowed me to beat a player ranked 25 when I was just 18! Anyways, back to the question, so I go to Batgirl and go to purchase gear and it says it is intended for the damage role. What? I thought gadgets was, it does a lot of damage. I tried switching my role in the UP-D PAD part, but it didn't change anything that the vendor said. Furthermore, I heard Rage is tank, an OP power that I love for looks and feel, but, like other powers, am terrible with.

6. How to actually do good in PvE and PvP
    I know this is a lot down to skill. But it can't all be me, can it? It feels like in Legends PvP, I just get demolished, as is the case in quite a lot of duels. My friend who is good at the game gave me the tip of remembering combos which I do not do. I just spam attack, and powers and pray for the best. Though I always have a shield up when I can!

7. Currency
    How do you efficiently earn cash?
    I watched a YouTube video that said sell Arcane Time Capsules which, I luckily had a ton of. So I did for the recommended price, and found myself with above 100K, which for me was a lot. (Some people have millions)
    But soon enough that won't sell anymore, and even if it does, the gear I did get to attempt to boost my CR from a range of vendors costs a ton to repair, after literally every battle - I do the Tier 1 raids, duos, etc, and I find that all of my equipment is red damaged.
    Furthermore, can someone please explain Mark of valor, Legends, etc,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So those are the main questions I have. Apologies if you feel sick after reading that, I am just very bad at the game - I hope to change that. And I thought this looked like a nice, friendly place where people come to ask these sorts of questions. I have a few others, but some have slipped my mind. I find that when I am actually about to tell someone something, or ask something, it sleeps my mind. I'll post those I do remember elsewhere here on the forums, as they are quite silly little ones compared to these. If I remember any main ones, I'll post here.

If you read all the way to here, thanks, I appreciate even that.

And if you answer or are about to, then thanks!

Have a good day!
    ;)
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Okay.. Where do I start?
    1. That Revamp was the Stats-Revamp.
    It was Announced over a year ago and basically it's main job was trying to revamp the game, and undo the damage that GU 47 and AM's brought to the game.
    From what It sounds like, You were Using Mental's AM before this update and unfortunate to say; you'll need to adapt your loadout and rotation as AM's no longer exist.

2. Exobytes are primarly used in conjunction with other R&D components for modding your gear, you'll get these plans as your leveling which will have"Equipment mod: Beta health and might plans" or something like that. Mods as they would indicate, they give you more stats and slightly more flexibility to work with.

3. First things first. Be sure to get some SP while your getting your CR up, You can get more Skill Points(SP for short) by earning feats/achievements in game.

Second: Your best bet to getting your CR UP Efficiently is to basically run the content as often as you can. Raids drop the best gear, Alerts drop the second best gear, and Solo and Duo's drop the 3rd best gear.

Your CR is 43 so you'll be wanting to run your on duty Tier 2 content as often as you can. Solo content, Duo's, and Alerts will reset daily(Unless some of them are DLC/episode content, in that case you'll have to wait a little bit longer if you don't own it.) Raids on the other hand will reset every Thursday.

4. That's the game telling you how good a piece of gear is in terms of your stats..

If everything is Green, that means that Gear is better than what your wearing..

If Everything is Red, that means that piece of Gear is worse than what your wearing.

And Finally, if Everything is White; that means that piece of gear is equal to what your wearing right now.

5. Roles are basically something that you'll have to look up by yourself. When the game means Roles: It means support roles. Every powerset by Default can Play the DPS role(Damage Per second) But Each Powerset can only play: Healer, Troller, or Tank; and Each of the powersets are assigned to a specific role accordingly.

Gadgets, Mental, Munitions, Light, Quantum, are assigned to: Controller/DPS. Controllers are meant to Stun, Give Power back to the group, and Debuff. Think of them as Blue Bar Healers almost.

Sorcery, Nature, Electricity, Celestial, and Soon to be Water are assigned to: Healer/DPS. Healers are what they sound like, they heal and prevent damage that your teammates get; using Burst Heals, Healing Over-Time, and Shielding Abilities.

Rage, Ice, Earth, Atomic, and Fire are assigned to: Tank/DPS. The Tanks Main Job is to hold Aggro and defend the rest of the group from being attacked from multiple Mobs and Bosses and they survive with very specific ways of taking damage. Why do I mean very specific? Well Ice uses Shields, Fire uses self heals, Atomic uses a self healing aura that uses combos to be maintained. In short: Each Tank Powerset has a unique way of taking the heat from the enemies, so be sure to do your research before you go out there.

6. PVE isn't really difficult, just get your stats and CR up, learn how to play your powerset; and learn the mechanics from each of the content you play.
    If there's someone who's willing to help give advice on Certain Raid Mechanics, feel free to take their advice. There's plenty of Veterans that can be nice to you and help you learn.

PVP on the other hand.. There is no way to get good at PVP without doing some form of cheesing, and why do I say that? Well PVP in Arenas and Legends has been broken for about 2 years straight now.. so I'd probably just ignore it all together for the time being.

7. There's plenty of ways to earn cash efficiently. Look at the broker, look what's being sold. Farm Iconic Drops, Sell those Iconic Drops..

Get TC Gear, Sell the TC gear for a price on the broker.

You can also Trade items you get for In-game cash too, but trading as of late is territory I never charted so good luck with that.

Whew, Hope this helps. Feel Free to ask around in Gotham City though if you have more questions like these.
    • Like x 2
  3. xXHIGHFLI3RXx New Player

4. xXHIGHFLI3RXx New Player

Omg, I just realised I posted my response, as your quote :D sorry, that was my response, not your quote! :)
  5. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

May I ask what platform are you playing on? PC, Playstation, or Xbox?
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Great to see someone so helpful on the forum. Great job!
    • Like x 1