An idea regarding source marks.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Aug 30, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, I didn’t know, so that’s a real possibility. :D
    • Like x 1
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

You're right, the math doesn't lie but the people don't care about the numbers or the mathematical quantification. You can't mathematically quantify fun, even if you would get 100x the amount of Source Marks in old content, you'd still find people wanting Source Marks in relevant Episodes. It's just the nature of the beast.
    • Like x 3
  3. OnlyNomad The One Above All

With the state of the Ally system, I think endgame players will need a better incentive to run relevant Episodes.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

While that guy's signature is in poor taste, you taking it personal is a bit much. It's not like he put your name on it. You personally weren't called out or anything. So stop going there. There's already WAY too much toxic energy in the air here, there's no need to manufacture any more for no reason.
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Sure you can, if I disliked the instance a little bit then it would have a success accountability score of 87.6543%, meaning that the extent of fun I had can be calculated by taking the square root of 5.6783 multiplying it by 6.7684 if you then divide that by the value of fun, which is similar to the value of x subtracted by y, then you come to the conclusion that on average the degree of fun achieved from any given instance where it was disliked a little bit amounts to 7.84 rounded up a bit to the power of 63.

[IMG]
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ever the contrarian :p
    • Like x 1
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

We replace if they went completly afk lol.

Don't take idea of something based on chat in this game. I've been running plenty with tanks, healers and trollers too. But like everyone say, make your own group and rules.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wasn't actually worried about it...it's just funny to see the range of 'it's super easy...5 min' and 'NEED OP DPS ONLY' about the same run. It's not like it's Elite endgame.
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

14. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Have you ever used LFG to look for CR relevant characters for low tiered content? I'm guessing you haven't. Because...thats not what LFG is. LFG is populated (previous to this update) with people looking for feats that are overpowered or end game content LFG.
  15. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

This is where "help" is misinterpreted.(in my opinion)Help can be as simple as offering advice or tips on how to improve on your strengths. Help isn't always about obliterating everything. You don't need to be 50-100 cr higher than npcs(or higher) to help.

Admittedly, I am one of the "pro clampers" as I'm seeing them called. With that being said, I'm not out to say "look how terrible all of these people are and they're being exposed now that they can't over gear." That's just a ridiculous mindset. For me, it's about the excitement I used to feel when I was challenged. For the first time in a VERY long time, I feel that excitement again.

I also enjoy the fact that I'm able to offer advice..even if it's not taken. Previously, content would be steamrolled in the blink of an eye. Really wasn't much of a chance to see if someone at level was struggling with something. And heaven forbid you go into an end game instance and not know what you're doing..you'll be kicked faster than you can say "my bad, guys."

This system allows us to see where someone may be struggling and offer to help rather than having them be carried and get to end game having no idea what to do.

This is definitely a multi-layer problem though. Helping people is just part of the equation. The CR skips, while nice...are also a part of the problem. The lack of a proper role tutorial is something that could help combat this as well.

To me, the biggest resource this community has is itself. Many do contribute in some manner. There are also many who look down on assisting. You only have to look at a few threads to see it. I've been guilty of it a few times myself, but it seems like we've forgotten that we all started somewhere. I will almost guarantee that a lot if us had mentors along the way. I know I did and I would not have learned the things I did without them.

Anyway, I've ranted enough. Thank you for your time.