An idea regarding source marks.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Haha
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Somewhat around that figure I'm sure, in a perfect world, that's an 5.14 minutes per run, which is you I think being a little bit optimistic, given cut scenes in the instance and a reliance on others to be on point queuing for 6 hours straight non stop, every 5 minutes. :D

But that's ok just nerf it to 5 marks per run then instead of 10 ;)
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Cant expect everyone to but most will
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Good FoS3 farm team don't queue, they walk in instead, so if people slack we can still go
    • Like x 1
  5. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Groups who actually farm FoS3 do walk-ins, so if someone leave we aren't losing anything.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So you don't replace members who leave? After a few of them at least? How about when you get down to solo?

Are you soloing FOS3? That's impressive nowadays.

EDIT: Saw someone shouting for FOS3 walkins last night..."OP DPS ONLY"....hilarious. Yep...this update is helping the noobs so much.
    • Like x 3
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The only mistake made for the last DLC is to have let the players finish it too easily, there is a lot of nonsense lately on DCUO, despite good ideas, sometimes it's hard to understand what the devs want to do .....
  8. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I wouldn't take it, but of course I'll admit that most people would take the unclamped path. Thats why its necessary for the change to happen in the first place because people always took the path of least resistance when it came to getting these feats and powering through non cr relevant content which was ruining the experience to newer players and those who enjoyed old instances. This isn't about existing players. This is about attracting new players and getting others to return to the game. This is about the future, not the past.
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Unclamped = no source marks. No credit for Omnibus missions. Better?
    • Like x 1
  10. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

What is the primary purpose, previous to changes, for running old content? Feats. No source marks, no feats, or it defeats the purpose. But would anyone run old content with no feats or source marks? Its not my call anyway, I'm merely stating what I believe would be detrimental to the long term health of the game. Not just because I had my experience ruined, but because I met so many people in this game that felt the same way. All of them are gone. Even the ones that did LFG. That went into leagues that are now barren wastelands.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And what’s wrong with people going back to things they couldn’t do at level? Feats, headlines, renown… how does that hurt you?
    • Like x 1
  12. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

It eliminates people from the que. Making it harder to progress for the average new user. And its not just about me. Its about every new user that doesn't want to just get carried to end game and wants to enjoy the iconic content leading to the endgame like in other MMO's. If the whole purpose for going to lower content is eliminated...why would anyone run the content? They've already created an efficient workaround for getting marks. Taking the clamp off and allowing feats would eliminate it entirely outside of two raids and open world bounties.
  13. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

In the future, when the game is in a more balanced, more healthy state, maybe I could view it as possible to do things like that. Right now... I don't think the game can support that change long term. It would be bad for the game's health overall.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Dude, nobody just queues for that stuff. Unless it’s a completely brainless counter feat.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd like to think that the people who want to come in and stay are people who want to get 'better' at the game. Not sure how much Omni you've run queueing in solo, but if anyone is learning anything from being in there I'd be surprised. Maybe at some point when the people just going for marks slow down, but right now it's still a faceroll fest...just slower. Could be bad luck on my Omni draws, but runs with too many mechanics or 'difficult' things, end up with a revolving door of players until enough who already know what to do...do it, or runs like DD/Necro or many others are just pew-pew-pew...again, only slower. Now, if some newbie is happier because he got to participate more in that via pew-pew...I guess they just earned a customer. But if I were a new person in game I'd see it more as a drag personally...especially when looking at 10 years worth of catch-up I was looking at ahead of me on feats and such. Granted some feats, styles are really going to benefit from the change...others not as much. And as far as 'making' better players, I don't see that happening via Omni. Leagues or friends will still be the best way to get better in game....and they shouldn't have needed these changes to show you how to play.

I still don't know that we'll know for a month or 2. As spamming dries up, people might return to 'current' content...people who threatening to leave, might do that...or not. New customers might come in and stay....or not. I know one customer who has mutiple subs who is not really that happy right now. Not saying I'd leave, but I can guaranteed one sub will not be re-upped next month...the other is an annual, so we'll see on that one. I just don't have the time to support 2 paid accounts with things taking longer everything I do. New content is slower due to lack of use...old content is slower due to...well, the clamps. If spam is the only viable option, that will get old quick.
    • Like x 2
  16. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Most people never find a league. Those that are getting cursed out for wanting the overleveled guys to slow down for them to even keep up and not get demolished certainly aren't joining a league or learning anything. They just leave. Quickly. This change makes more content able to be run without having 10 years worth of catchup because they aren't being overwhelmed by the OP players any longer. It also makes it worthwhile for the older vets to teach the mechanics instead of just opting to carry the player. Maybe it won't happen this way, but it certainly wasn't happening the other way. I don't think DCUO can survive the status quo much longer. I was in three leagues. All of them completely abandoned (with most of the toons still in the leagues) in the last two years. Most for well over a year. Whether thats attrition of vets who didn't want the clamp, or what I experienced, people leaving because things became pointless cause the only challenge was in endgame and they felt it was too long between content to keep their interest and be worth the money. (two of my leagues were mostly in this complaint camp).

Something was broken. Something had to happen to fix it. Nobody has come up with a better way in 7+ years. Its the same fight we had back then.
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I think we need to stop trying to mathematically quantify everything. I for one enjoyed running relevant content for the Source Marks AND the actual content. Some people are burned out by the recent Episodes and I get it but removing Source Marks as a reward in relevant Episodes did nothing but shorten their lifespan and reduce the incentive for people to play them. Until they become irrelevant, those Episodes are sort of worthless at the moment for endgame players unless you're still farming feats and what not. Even then those Episodes feel like ghost towns right now because the vast majority of the community were done with them and don't see a point in running something that doesn't reward Source Marks. I don't mind running old content but I also don't want to only be running old content for Source Marks. I also understand the need to force players into older content in order to make the new system functional but right now, it's hard to get groups going for stuff inside the relevant Episodes and that's in direct correlation with the removal of the Source Marks. People used to still come and help with bounties and what not under the guise of receiving rewards but that incentive has been removed.

I totally get your point that it's definitely more productive to just grind the old content but sometimes it's not always about the grind for some people.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I appreciate, I guess the sentiment of what you're trying to express but nevertheless disagree.

If there was one thing that should always be the focus and important thing to remember then its the math. The math doesn't lie, the math doesn't care about feelings, the math doesn't care about emotion, the math doesn't have an ulterior motive, the math just cares about the truth :)
  19. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Then use LFG & make your own group, works great & many have been doing it for years.

This is dcuo 101 & should not be any big secret task.

LFG = Looking For Group, it’s a text chat window available to every single dcuo player.
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Do they know ally catalysts are dropping in FP content?