An Extra Special Cyber Monday For Members!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ou812puzzledalo Well-Known Player

Wait a minute. You mean that they are giving a discount on 1's and 0's. That are only dollars signs to them? A 25% discount that is really only 15% also. So I spend real money on the so called cyber sale for 1's and 0's. Dcuo gets my real money. To funny.

I've spent a lot of money on this game and will spend a lot more but don't polish a rock and call it gold. Might fly to the sheep masses but as you can see. We non sheep aren't the least impressed.

Cyber sale lol to funny.
  2. Dyriso New Player

I know right, i mean, dev teams working on new content, moderators, server hardware and upkeep, advertising, ect on a multi platform F2Pmmo is all 100% free. none of that costs anything all, so its all 100% profit for 1s and 0s. I'm not saying SOE isn't making money, but don't act like its free to run an mmo. i agree with a previous post. too many acting like spoiled, entitled kids. sorry im happy for the discount the dont have to give.
    • Like x 1
  3. Cryhavocm New Player

Just be glad they are offering a sale. Honestly there's no need to get back in the "black" for a virtual market.
  4. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

No we want a 50!
  5. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

Not another cent from me until PS Players get a 50 percent off everything sale.....im gonna encourage all ps players to do the same.
  6. Lord Freedom New Player

We need a sale for all the loyal players that have been playing DC since day one. They are the ones getting screwed now that it's free to play and download.
  7. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

Comaining no. I have a suggestion though, how about u donate the 25 percent difference. If not. Mind it.....
  8. TheDrone Well-Known Player

If the game wasn't F2P, it would have died quite a while ago. So you have benefited in a way...you can still play the game that you like enough to complain about. Though if you got absolutely no in-game reward for buying the game originally, I can see why you'd be annoyed.

For those complaining that this sale is bad, I also play Star Trek Online.

Their Thanksgiving Sale is 15% bonus cash.
    DCUO x2
    STO x1.15
    They also gave us 20% off services. That would be the same as Upgrades in DCUO. Things like character slots and inventory space.
    DCUO 50% off base items
    STO 20% off services
    And on black friday, they gave us 20% off everything while DCUO gave 50% off everything when you consider the double SC sale.
    DCUO 50% off
    STO 20% off

So altogether, DCUO's sale was vastly better than what I got from STO. Could it have been better, sure. But it also could have been far far worse. Now, maybe STO just has bad sales. That's possible. I don't really play anything else. Rift occasionally, but their sales are just garbage. If anyone can point at a game with better sales than what DCUO gives us, I'll be quite surprised.

I understand that people playing on the PS feel like they're getting screwed when compared to PC players. In theory, it would seem logical that they'd be treated the same. But they're not, and we've known that for a long time. In life, you have to make decisions. I decided to play on the PC. That has drawbacks too. My PC has a 24" screen. If I was playing on the PS, it would be on a 60" screen. More people play on PS which means faster access to groups. It's no fun waiting several hours to get enough people for something like Gorilla Island on PC. But I made the decision to play on PC.
    • Like x 1
  9. SeeMeFight Well-Known Player

Wow. People will find a way to complain about anything.
    • Like x 3
  10. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Advertising? Does DCUO advertising actually exist?
  11. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

The responses in here are funny :rolleyes: lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Senshirou Committed Player

Wait... The 10% gets increased to 25%? Just give legendary the 35% and call it a day.
  13. z4tsu Well-Known Player

wait is the sale on going right now? like is it up now?
  14. Max Dragonard Well-Known Player

And a little sad, in some cases.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shinji Firudo Active Player

I think it's a replacement of 25% not stacking on the previous 10% deal for all members,
    but any i don't see why people are complaining this 25% does stack on the %50 off for base items so the previous 450sc for themes or 225 for some of the amenities or other base items will be 75% lower not to mention the xp boosters will be 25% cheaper which means it's a good time to buy them for alts who you wanna quickly level em up and speed through main story so you can op through it and maybe buy some replays and buy achievements for sp points too (but you get 150 a month anyway)

As a point to those who are complaining I'd like to remind you that in order to make new awesome dlc's (which are probably increasing in expense and time to develop) they can't go making the sales too massive cause you gotta remember they have to pay their own bills too and pay staff, If they kept doing massive sales all the time they wouldn't have the money to put more time into the dlcs reducing the quality of the dlcs and the game so cut the devs a break.
    Now I'm not going to be coming back to this thread so don't bother with any non-constructive replies cause I'm off to actually play the game rather than complain about it.
  16. Senshirou Committed Player

Base items? Lmao. Xp boosters? Lmao. Themes? Lmao. Replays? Lmao. Nice try tho buddy. If they ain't stacking it on to the already 10% that we have then it's a joke more so. I feel the woes of wanting a 50% but it should have been 25 for freem and prem and 35 for legendary. But this is a moot point.
  17. Free Parking New Player

Any deal is better then no deal. You don't have to support SOE this season! You can just ask for things for yourself! But that isn't what I do during this time of year. I am happy my support money is going further and I get more out of it, Thank you SOE for the sale. I hope my support helps you have a great Christmass as well. As for all the haters out there, I hope you feel better and merry Christmass :D
  18. blklightning New Player

As usual, most people whining and feeling entitled to more than what's being offered (PS players excluded).

If you played your cards right, it's a 62.5% sale... buy SC at 50% this past weekend and spend it at 25% off on the 2nd sale.

I'm choosing to wait until the xmas sale (if any). Last year's was a good time to spend SC.
  19. Ralkram New Player

I have seen people say a couple times now that with the sale you can buy achievements? What is this referring to? Or is it just the spending replay badges to buy feats off another character? Thanks all
  20. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

They probably mean feats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.