An Extra Special Cyber Monday For Members!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLeX Dedicated Player

DCUO Players show them Devs some love...;) Make it rain...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Wow, talk about ungrateful (the ones saying only 25%). I'm not judging, y'all have the right to complain til the cows come home, but it's better than nothing.
    • Like x 1
  3. Abisial Committed Player

We don't have a problem with the sale itself (Althought it is a bit lacking) it's the fact PC WAAAY better sale by a landslide and now they're getting this one aswell.
    Think of it like this: You have two twin boys that both have an appetite you get one A Cheese Burger Meal and then you hand the other one a peanut butter jelly sandwich
  4. Flair Well-Known Player

Why is it that the player community for this game is so swift to attack the opinion of someone with whom they disagree? If someone is unhappy with the discounted amount the sale is offering they should certainly express their opinion. Pointing out that its better than nothing is a useless waste of text. They know its better than nothing, but they aren't happy with the amount that is offered.

If you are okay or excited about the sale then that is your opinion and its what, if anything you should be posting here. Feedback (and ultimately sales) are what the devs are looking for to decide how much they can give us, while still making a profit. Attacking someone for disagreeing with your personal opinion at best serves no purpose and at worst may discourage these folks from posting in the future. That in the long run could hurt the devs estimates and the game itself.

Personally, I spent $45 on black Friday and plan to use some of it on Monday, but after years of being conditioned with triple station cash events, I can't help but feel that they could do a little better. I'm okay with the sale, but not super-jazzed about it.

I also totally get the frustration of the imbalance of sales across the different platforms and would encourage future sales to be equal. Just give all of us the same thing instead of trying to balance it out it different ways at different times. Until you do this, there will always be dissent one way or another.
    • Like x 1
  5. Anti Bezz New Player

Didnt the devs add marketplace cash so there wouldnt be a difference in future sales? So not only could ps of gotten a double mp sale which would be the same as pc's double sc, they decided to just say lets forget ps side and give pc more things as usual
    • Like x 2
  6. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I see your point, ty for explaining.
  7. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i came... i saw... i unimpressed... 50% off
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

For PC Players this is a pretty good deal (double Station Cash on Friday then 25% off everything on Monday). But for PS players...yeah not so much. Sorry guys :\.
    • Like x 4
  9. Saiyan King New Player

PC gets 75% deal (double station cash then 25% off) while ps gets 50% off base items and 25% off.....
  10. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

NO, thank you.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Firstly - thanks for the sale, irrespective of whether it's 25% or whatever - thank you for the sale.

Secondly people complaining - please quit with it, you're acting like over-entitled 2 year old children, no one is entitled to any sale of any kind. If you don't want to use this sale then just be quiet and wait for a sale that suits your liking, don't just moan and complain about it.

This kind of behaviour is completely disrespectful.

Thirdly - Playstation Players - As far as I understand it and this has been said before I'm sure. DC management has less direct control of your sales and the way your wallets are funded etc. I believe Playstation is controlled by a seperate area of Sony so the DC Developers or SOE can't just go "Lets have a double PSN Wallet Money Weekend" as much as they'd want too.

The reality of that situation is therefore PC sometimes get some sales you don't because SOE have more direct control over the PC Market store in the form of station cash.

If you want to take advantage of the PC sales, start playing on the PC - that's your choice.

Yes I feel sorry for you playstation players but also on the same coin, you should be glad again you're getting a sale at all, again no one is entitled to any kind of sale, take what you're given and decide whether you're going to utilize it or wait for another.
    • Like x 2
  12. Alekimsior New Player

You continue to act as if this is a charity we are asking for. Who benefits the most out of the sales in the end? The company, they are the ones that will take in hundreds of dollars out of the player base. Do they have to do the sales? Of course not, but not doing one is missing an opportunity in increasing sales. By the way, I'll make it clear to you, players DO benefit from the sales, but the company takes advantage of the profit. The better the sale, the better the profit.

Also, we are entitled to complain all we want, if you don't want to read the complaints then do step away.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Let me explain why that's not true -

The companies themselves decide when, how and why they are going to do a sale, you're stating that they are "missing an opportunity in increasing sales" I guess it's for the company to decide whether they even need a sale depending on their need for increasing sales. where there is high demand there may not be a requirement to start a sale because people will buy the product at the regular price.

Sometimes sales aren't even about increasing sales at all they're about installing good will amongst regular customers and also to entice new customers. Again 25% is still a good sale, people are just being greedy and expecting more.

Also on another point, the marketplace within this game as limited, if they have too many sales, everyone will have everything in the market place in no time at all and then that actually reduces their sales.

This then leads to other complaints, why isn't there more in the marketplace.. that leaves recovery kits, replay badges, respec tokens etc. There's a lot of people that already complain and demand that replay badges be removed from the game, of course they won't and shouldn't be for this very reason they're the biggest money intake.

The problem is when expectations get set too high, generally by the community and the sales then disappoint. The reality of the situation is that everyone, including PSN are getting a 25% off sale, that's a good sale and again if you don't like it wait for another. but irrationally throwing toys around does nothing but show that this really is a "poor community" sometimes.

I'm sure there will be another sale at Christmas time, there always is, just wait for that one if you're not willing to utilize this one.
    • Like x 3
  14. DawnOfKhaos Well-Known Player

Then play on the PC. Problem solved.
  15. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

Well said, reasonable and fair minded...

Prepare to be flamed.
  16. Anti Bezz New Player

they do have control now. you should read all before posting false info :)
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

That's how they get the members 10% off on all purchases.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Would it be wrong if I posted PC master race pictures?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To all the PS players, the double SC was not a DCUO promotion it was a SoE promotion.
    Is the DCUO PS population higher then the entire of SoE games PC population? Don't think so. The Double SC was given to all SoE games on PC, not just DCUO so its fair if you look at it that way. PS DCUO is not the holy grail in terms of SoE games.
    • Like x 2
  19. Dezaras Loyal Player

It's not just PC vs. PS when it comes to some offers, some are regional too. Take the Gaamestop SC cards or whatever they are. Now I failed Geography but I'm pretty sure there are no Gamestops, Walmarts or whatnot in the UK, or various other countries.

It isn't just PS that misses out.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Well there ya go then, I knew there was some technicality to it and there you have it.. thanks for pointing that out for the PS players.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.