An easy way for for an additional amount of content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stanktonia, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Somewhat forcefully having to run the same content that’s relevant to your cr, because doing anything lesser won’t reward you as much becomes quite stale sometimes. So, to stop this from being an issue, how about we add more content, (a plentiful amount) to the game, within a relatively feasible manner. People already love the old content, and people have been asking for this content to somehow be relevant again, so let’s make that happen. Buff all old content ( starting at tier 1 content, and ending at tier 5), to end game cr levels, and add new feats, collections, source markes, and styles to these versions. This would add a massive amount of content to the game, but will mandate a low development effort since you’ll just be increasing the difficulty of content that’s already in the game! I’ve seen devs spawn bosses in the watchtower with a Cr thats higher than its intended level on many occasions, so I know simply increasing the difficulty won’t be an issue, and since that’s all that’s really being asked, I really don’t think this would be a hassle to implement. Let’s make it happen DC
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From my own experiences in MMOs, the stuff that seems super easy rarely is super easy to pull off.

There's also an argument to be made that just upgrading old content isn't exactly forward-thinking and could come at the cost of developing new content. It also opens up the devs to accusations of being lazy.

I will admit I do find it a bit amusing that this thread popped up on the same day as someone putting up an "I quit" thread with one of their reasons for quitting being reused maps. :D
  3. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

But why? Why would we want to have old content revamped when they can just add new content? You can still run the old content all you want (providing you find a group). I understand the idea of new feats and styles and such, but those would really just be replacing the same things we would get in new content.