An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

make a separate thread for your issue kid, smh
    • Like x 1
  2. OneLovex New Player

ok sooo im a straight noob...just started playing yesterday...how do the weapon trees work?...i see all the points you say to grab...but to access those I have to work my way down the tree correct? Also...is starting dual wield for rage a good idea? or should I start brawling first? Thanks for any help and sorry if this is a dumb question.
  3. TDSK Committed Player

Any weapon works, whichever you would like.

As for weapons, to get the first tree of innates, you need to spend at least 4 points in the tree (for your starting weapon, you need only 3). Don't buy weapon respecs on the MP, as they really don't do anything other than change which weapon gets that first point.

I prefer Dual Wield over Brawling for Melee, mainly because I only need to spend 4 points to get all of the attacks that are useful.

For the second tree of innates, you need to spend at least 5 innates (4 for starting weapon).
  4. OneLovex New Player

Ok so when you say to only get the useful ones...how do i know which of the points in a weapon tree are useful and which aren't? Do I basically pick up any of the combo's that award hard stats? or is there more to it than that? Thanks
  5. TDSK Committed Player

For Dual Wield, I only spec down the first 4 attacks. The other two are cool looking, but you probably aren't going to want to get to a 10x Hit at higher level instances.

As for the innates, pick up might, precision, critical attack chance, and critical attack damage.
  6. OneLovex New Player

ok i gotcha. I remember hearing about clipping. completely forgot that when i posted that. sry. also i plan on tanking with rage....from the forums and past mmo experience there is always a shortage of tanks. so i'd get the tank stats you listed in the guide? dom/health/resto?
  7. TDSK Committed Player

Yes, but get Dom and Health above resto.
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I always buy the 10 hit combo foe things like the pillars in dox, tap triangle with DW is painfully slow tap melee 9 hold melee once is much faster in things that take one damge
  9. ApocolypticShinobi New Player

The tank loadout ive been running is dreadful blast(cancel), bloodlust/remorseless recovery(mitigator), without mercy, ire, severe punishment, and ragebringer/vindictive

dreadful is great at range & melee for cc & if you dont combo its not vulnerable to interrupt.
    bloodlust has a low power cost plus buffs the group works solid speccing prec & modding all dom prec with a dom power in your chest
    switch out bloodlust if there's a rage dps present and put in remorseless recovery as your mitigator instead
    if no range pulls needed switch out for vindictive tho i may start running infuriate to add another group damage buff
  10. HellEctra New Player

Hi, nice guids,

I have a question for rage tank, do you use SP all over the time, or just as said when your healt begins to below under 60%?

so,if it's correct what do you use as power? when a fight start? what's your combo?
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Just got around to reading this. One thing you definitely need to fix at the beginning is that both Outrage and Eviscerating Chain also benefit from the Plasma Burn PI. I'm just starting to seriously delve into Rage with my villain alt, so I'll see what else I can come up with.
  12. Sun Wu Kong New Player

How does berserk actually work???
  13. JZeRoW New Player

Could possibly be using Rage soon since I seem to conserve on power. This usually leads to less damage. Rage sounds like a good fit for my playstyle.

My questions is, what weapons do you guys use with the power? I will probably stick with Pistols for Range, but I don't have a clue for melee. I would really prefer something that gets off combos fast like the pistols. I have used Brawling before, and it seems way too slow. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  14. KemistiOMG Committed Player

Rifle because of PT
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm liking MA on my Rage toon. Good from range and melee.
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

I was using MA, but I bought the DW for dps and I already had a tank one form Nexus. And no, I didn't do it because of FOTM :p
    I started the game as DW and has always loved it. Great damage when going melee and the innates in the tree are perfect for a tank class. MA was fun though, and I like it for rage dps because it was easy to clip with the powers.
  17. Xenoblade New Player

What is everyone putting into their home turf hand mod socket??
    Sorry if this was mentioned already
  18. TDSK Committed Player

Really, for rage dps, it doesn't matter unless A) they make Plasma Retch one of the abilities affected by Empowered Channeling, or B) you use channel hate.

For tank stance, same thing, take whatever floats your boat. Regenerative Shielding if you use Redirected Rage.
  19. Tallion Well-Known Player

Has anyone done some calculations on what the best way to mod a rage tank is?

I dunno if i did it right but according to my calculations, Health modding grants you the biggest initial health boost through severe punishment (10% base health + 2/3 dom added to health for power activation in tank role), but health boost stacks by using powers aren't that high.

With Dom modding i find the exact opposite effect, not a huge initial health boost from severe punishment but bigger health boost stacks from using powers.

Most people i've seen go Dom/Health but i dunno...
  20. TDSK Committed Player

Definitely go Dom and Health. Best of both worlds, and if you can't pull off powers, you at least have a higher initial health pool.

Keep in mind you raise your health everytime you activate a power and their are enemies nearby.