An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I'll give you that the term "risk" is somewhat relative. But if you are completely honest with yourself 95%of the game is melee friendly. Of the pftT builds, which class is leaps and bounds better than everyone? Now, you say you can get countered while using berserk so the 90% copied damage is justifiable. Lets take a look at the other buff supercharges (you can get countered using these too).
    On test
    1. Circuit breaker 55% buff
    2. Ice Elemental 45% buff
    3. Neo-Venom 40% buff

Berserk nearly doubles the percentages of these buffs. I think the rage crowd and the devs have a misconstrued view of "risk" in this game. Because as it sits 95% of the content favors rage dpsing.
    • Like x 2
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

We'll have to disagree cause that % of the game being melee friendly it is not. Even with the content being melee friendly in some areas Melee is different than range where Range can stand in a spot and continue DPS without missing much of a beat wheremelee has to move in and out and we are in a constant loss of dps as we move.

Regarding the other buffSCs, they are different than Berserk as they dont act the same way. Those SCs buff stats, give immunities etc, Berserk is pure damage and copied damage at that and its effectiveness hinders on the damage we do in its duration. If Berserk gives CC immunity or even usable in Range then the damage would certainly be reduced in kind.

Also i know a lot of folks have done the math tests and such using this ability but I have yet to really see evidence in actual combat on a boss VS the other DPS users in a group. Ive seen Berserk used in trash mobs to over inflate the Scorecard and then folks claim Rage is OP. I will need to see the Logs of all 5 DPS on a boss fight to actually see if Rage blows the competition away which so far, even as a melee DPS in my Reg runs, I've been pretty even with my fellow DPS players and not having too outrageous of numbers.
  3. Apolloin Well-Known Player

95%, ok I didn't do the math, but there are three elite raids that hinder melee dpsing. Everything else is melee friendly. So my numbers actually might be a low ball figure. Point is most of the content is designed in your favor. You can disagree with me but you can run any raid today and see plenty of dps in melee range.

Super charges I brought up don't provide immunity either. I've been stunned plenty using ice elemental. And you say that berserker is different because you are receiving copied damage, not a buff. Okay so if you copy something at 90% damage you are doing nearly double the damage of your base attack. Is there any other super than can put those numbers up?

PS
    I'm not trying to be a troll or a "hater" as they say but I would like the community, devs, daybreak, and anyone involved with the game to find a solution to fixing the game (not just balancing, but that's another story). I truly believe this game has so much untapped potential and I would like to see this game survive
    • Like x 2
  4. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Berserk is a melee sc, they could have at least made it viable to be used at range. After all, that was one of the reasons Rage got a new range power.
  5. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Trex honestly what is BOGUS about these numbers?

Supercharge Testing:
    Regular white mods, no head mod, 18,340 might no buffs of any kind besides regular league hall
    the 366 might from the escalating might neck isn't going produce anymore meaningful results with the 100% tests

Earth 100% Earthquake 236,299 damage
    Gadgets 100% Bunker Buster 190,790 damage
    Water 100% CalloftheDeep 138,682 damage

Rage 50%<--- 50% Berserk

Test setup: I established a baseline of exactly and only 10 seconds of a rage regular rotation and recieved the following parsers:
    average 157,184 damage in 10 seconds

Berserk Total Damage Dealt

Rage baseline subtracted from Berserk Total

480,865-157,184=323,681

474,822-178,522=296,300

A 50% supercharge in Berserk easily outperforming the best 100% supercharges of other powersets.... yea completely BOGUS
    • Like x 2
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

I would certainly like it for Range but Rage is made to be Melee first, Range second. If itdid work for Range, it would act similar to the Circuit breaker and others.
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

This is also attributed to using an outdated melee rotation

Galling Eruption-Remoresless-Outrage-DreadfulBlast-Revenge/Relentless-Berserk

Rotation

Outrage/Dreadful is better for multiple npcs and single target Outrage/Revenge is better as a baseline
  8. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I've felt for a while that this risk = reward mentality has been blown out of proportion. It's feasible to melee every boss in this DLC except Escape Elite, which I have no experience with as Rage. Even if you get countered during Berserk, which personally did not happen very often in Raids except for Zoo first and second boss, you still end up doing as much damage as most 100% supers when you get up. If I'm being honest, I still parsed way higher than all of my non Electric/Rage friends on both of these crowd control heavy bosses just by getting back up and hitting Lacerate. 95% of content is not hard enough for people to honestly believe there is a huge risk for melee dps'ing.
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

I read this post and its from a sparring target which doesnt equate to an actual boss fight which follows mechanics. With the other Powers, were they done in Melee range with a melee rotation? Did you count in the factor to back out of fights and back in?

Berserk also isnt like those other Supers, it doesnt provide a buff to a stat. Its damage is based off the damage you do for the duration.

You can stand at a sparring target and get numbers all day in a situation that probably isnt viable in actual content which is why Sparring Targets were gone for a time to get folks IN content to test. Your numbers arent wrong but the situation you provided is false. When a Rage Melee DPSis on a boss,pops Berserk and does the damage to hopefully makeup for the damage they are losing when they have to back out and then get back in and where the folks are wanting to show their "competitive" edge within Elite, you cant Melee everything nor all the time like Range can.

As Ive said, show my the logs in a Boss fight with a Rage melee VS the other DPS and I maybe more inclined but seeing as I try and melee a lot in this game, Berserk is strong but its situational at best. The 10% reduction isnt as big as I originally thought and Im thankful because it could have been worst.
  10. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I agree with ya 1000%. The risk reward argument is nullified because the game's content isn't hard enough to even consider the "risk". It's really a no brainer now do whatever you can to out put the most dps.
  11. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

There are no mechanics to follow anymore with rage, combo's aren't interruptable, you can walk into escape regular and just keep meleeing the entire time unless you are way undergeared. The mech's bombs don't one shot, the bunker buster ticks are slower and you can easily just re-position and keep going. The npc fights in the hallway, absolutely zero risk to a rage melee to use full berserk or if the group is unlocking drones in the first fight so you have enough aoe damage. Now the final fight on escape is perfectly, beyond perfectly suited for rage, the fight is long enough you can earn 2 berserks, the bosses all stand close enough that outrage catches them and berserk range and its only 3 targets so it barely splits damage. Zoo reg same thing it was 100% meleeable, you may have to move out of the way on Talia's stealth but most of the time you can a) drop supply b) troll uses shield c) healer uses shield and you are fine.

Having to worry about cc'd and losing berserk damage is closer to a myth than anything else after stats revamp.
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I don't think it's a myth, lol. Pretty sure since June we have been running alerts more than raids. That's where the hurt feelings come from. I had the same issues, but only in alerts. Even undergeared, I had no problem with USr running melee, but those alerts were something else.

Unfortunately, that's why a lot of things get nerfed. People looking at one aspect of the game, powers, etc.
  13. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Yea if you bring alerts into it sure, saving justice, war crimes, rise of the bat, even going back to the harley heist duo you have massive cc in alerts but at the same time you don't have a tank in those raids to take the focus off you as a rage dps. SoJ still prob did with a tank but at the same time they don't balance the game nor powers off solo's, duo's and alerts. They design alerts to be completed with 4 dps. I can't even recall the last alert we had that required 1 of each role. Must be years
    • Like x 1
  14. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

It seems lately this guide has been flooded with opinions on Berserk than providing an update on Rage on both DPS and Tank. On that note, does anyone know where to get the supercharge artifact? I want to mess around with Vindictive as well as the pull artifact.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

[IMG]

Been doing pretty well using this PVE loadout. I have the berserk mod as well as the Supercharge chest mod.

1. Galling Eruption
    2. Severe Punishment
    3. Lacerate
    4. Berserk
    5. Outrage
    6. Relentless Anger

As of now I am cr 197 with 166 skill points I believe. Sitting over 12k might. I seem to be keeping up with most 220+ dps either coming in first or second. I also run with the might artifact. Though, I’m barely at rank 55. I don’t have any might mods on any gear. The loadout is fun and tricky at times. Sometimes I don’t clip just to have enough power. I do use colas and support drop for power when running low. Since I’m barely even noticing any difference with the artifact, I wonder if other artifacts could be used instead such as the tank one or when the new artifact comes out for Supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

The supercharge Artifact will be coming in the Anniversary Event. When you complete the Main mission, Monitoring the Situation, youll get a choice of a free one out of the 3. After you choose your free one, youll be able to purchase the other ones from Constantine.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Are you going to be able to have two artifacts on at the same time?
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Yep yep! There will be 2 Artifact slots so you can wear them at the same time. Mix and match and the like. Cant have 2 of the same Artifacts mind you or rather...havent tested it really but I doubt they'll allow it.
  19. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

This is awesome. Can’t wait to mix my artifacts. Hybrid dps sounds good. Pull move artifact and SC artifact ftw.
    • Like x 1
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

I never liked Lacerate but it seems as if people like it.

I would suggest replacing the supercharge chest mod for the Reserve Tank (or Power Efficiency) mod if you find yourself using coolas anf needing supply drops too often.
    To find a better flow I suggest trying to replace Lacerate with Revenge. The damage is good and more importantly fast. Galling Eruption is okay in figths with multiple adds. For encounters in lower numbers tty violence. The DoT is stronger than GE and it moves with you. Only downside is it's range which is 4m so only adds close to you will get damaged. Shouldn't be a problem as a melee toon though.

Regarding the artifact I too believe that Might and SC are the better ones. If you don't see any recognizable changes with your artifact, don't worry. It is not the biggest of deals. I personally value the Health some artifacts give more than the might. Also you probably wont see any big changes in your artifact either. Two of the same kind don't stack. Since you probably got buffed by other player might artifacts at some point you've already seen the almost full extent. You only get 1-2% to might and power