An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's what I thought, but still doesn't add up. The only combos I use are revenge and outrage. My buddy who is electric seems to never run out of power. Both of us are super power and can max our might and power. I fine with a cola and supply drop being part of my rotation, but why do combo powers, as dps, not regen power like a PffT 1234 spammer?
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Im hybrid in Tank Role. I use my weapons 100% of the time and my loadout is all utility stuff and E-Chain to ignore Rage crash.

E. Chain is the Main Single Target pull. The Multi-target pulls dont follow that Ruling.

Correct, its the "endlessly" part that was the bug that was never fixed. It was a bug that consistently worked lol

The Passive Power Regen works. Combos costing power are a new thing but that was done because Damage is calculated by the amount of Power used (behind the scenes). Electricity only has to hit an ability and they move on. Combo players have to hit an ability AND a combo so we use more power than the Electric Toon. i bet if you use the same Rage loadout and only use your abilities and not the combos, you'll see the power regen work the same as your Electric friend but of course, you're losing damage too.
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

I also missed a point on this too. Rage Power Costs are a lie because of the breakdown in the other page. You use Outrage at 200 Power Cost (base of course) and Electricity uses Tesla Ball, another 200 Base Power Costs. Yall will be comparable in a sense in terms of Power consumption but when you add it Outrage's 2 combos, the power cost becomes 300 Power Cost compared to Electricity using his Tesla Ball. Rage's Loadout as well as the other Combo power's loadouts will have a larger power consumption than the other Powers because of our Combo Usage.
  4. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

And it got nerfed so that's totally unfair and unjustifiable unless Outrage is hitting stronger than tesla ball. Is it? Two things need to happen. 1. Either make Outrage be a 100 power cost (base) and it's 2 combos will add up to 200 making it in line with Tesla Ball. 2. Or remove the post cost from its combos.

Bring this up to Mepps or a dev Trexlight. Unless you think I'm wrong. The way I see it, it's clear there's something wrong here.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

You dont want that. Lowering the Power cost will lower the damage making Outrage WAY weak you basically destroy the power. The only reason Tesla Ball does great damage is because of how it work. It sits in the air for 6 scs and hits enemies I believe 3 times doing damage during that duration. Tesla Ball also doesnt split damage. Im not sure why Tesla Ball acts like this but it does. We honestly cant compare damage from Outrage to Tesla Ball because these are 2 different abilities. Outrage is straight burst damage and Tesla Ball is a DoT. Tesla Ball imo will always win in damage because of being a DoT and how I described it above. It would be like comparing an apple to a grape. There's only one apple whereas there are a lot of grapes. With Combo Powers you can only really compare it to other Combo Powers.

Outrage's nerf is not huge. I run with it all the time during testing and there is really no big difference from Live or Test. When i have time Ill try and do a parser test but the feel of Outrage playing it in content, its not noticeable and nothing to worry about. It still hits stronger and enemies go down.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Curious to see the results and the power cost I beleve is the whole argument here.
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

it always is in the Revamp Era but like I said, even if the Power is the same from 2 abilities, their damage is determined by multiple factors.
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Does anyone know why outrage was picked to be nerfed? Just asking, cause I use it in my loadout, but that's not my main damage move, nor the hardest hitting.
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

They havent stated but the nerf isnt severe.
  10. Streven Dedicated Player

I know I had seen complaints about it hitting too large an aoe. I trust the damage is being adjusted appropriately. I hope they don't mess with targeting because it would be a difficult to hit with as a cone attack as some were suggesting. Outrage is probably my favorite move in the whole game so I hope they go easy on it.
  11. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Is anyone going to update this guide? Lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Always the one who asks :)

Also you can probably leave out detailed power descriptions. We can get them via Wiki or Ingame descriptions. A more detailed part fro tanking would be nice though, mate. I have zero problems with DPSing and doing more than fine in every content. However, speccing as tank and which powers to use is still somewhat unclear to me. I can tank USe and JFAe but I feel squishy as heck...
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

After running some content last night, I really didn't notice a difference with the changes they made. Anyone else?
  14. Davenport Committed Player

Any recommendations on a rage loadout as it currently stands? DPS is preferred, though I'm open to tank.

Also, how do you guys prefer to set your SP on a rage character?
    • Like x 1
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

From the Recent Test Server Patch Notes Dec 20th, 2017:

Firstly, Remorseless Recovery was fixed. Not a nerf, just a fix.

Regarding Berserk (which I still feel is bogus), I did some testing this morning and it received a 10% Damage Reduction. Example:

On Live: (100% damage copy)
    Revenge - 3445
    Berserk - 3445

OnTest now: (90% damage copy)
    Revenge - 3445
    Berserk - 3100

Its not as bad as I imagined but I'm still against it.
  16. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Thanks, they seemed to just nerf and not compensate for the nerf. No wonder this game wasn’t even nominated. It’s a joke!
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Not sure if anyone helped you or not but here's my loadouts

Melee DPS:
    Relentless Anger (can be swapped with Galling Eruption if you have the Power for it), Remorseless Recovery, Severe Punishment, Revenge, Outrage, Berserk (SC)

Range DPS:
    Plasma Retch (or Galling depending on your positioning), Dreadful Blast, Frenetic Bombardment, Rageblast, Redirected Rage (or Remorseless Recovery), Infuriate (SC)

Stat Points spec is of course Might and Power and I play these in Superpowered Focus.

Tank:
    E. Chain, Remorseless Recovery, Severe Punishment, Without Mercy (for midrange AOE Pulling, can be replaced with Ragebringer for multi long range pulling), Redirected Rage and Ire

For the most part youll want to spec into Health over Dominance but I have had some fun speccing full Dom to strengthen my RR Shield and grab Hard Light Shield Iconic and rotate a bit. Just depends on how you want to play it.
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Berserk is strong, one of the best Supercharges in the game and the nerf i can understand but it doesnt mean I have to like it. The reason I dont like the nerf in general is because Berserk can and has missed due to crowd control. The ability is still pure damage so even at 90% its still very strong. If it were to have CC Immunity, the damage % would be reduced and I feel if it were to work at Range, the damage % would drop even more. Its still a pure Melee ability and still has its weaknesses to go along with its major strength.
  19. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Here is the thing you talk about risk reward with using berserk, outside of elite content there isn't really a risk at all.
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

When talking in terms for folks who are "competitive" then Elite is the only thing and you're right, Elite is where the true risk is but even in the Regular, there's still risk just not as much but that is depending on the player too with their spec and armor. Ive seen melee DPS get squashed but that could be for a number of reasons but in the end, they still died and there's the risk. Not every player is the same either so it'll always vary in terms of "what is risk".