An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

So spamming ragebringer to increase health was a bug?
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Example:

You have 7000 Dominance. You reach hitcounter 50x or more. You gain 7000 Health. Before reaching 50x it's you get less health bonus. I don't know the exact numbers or hits you have to reach.
    The bonus fades a short time after your hit counter resets.

Hope it's more clear that way. I apologize if I was a bit confusing with my post, mate :)
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Ragebringer spam was only to make sure the Health buff lasted. Our health use to increase based on the amount of enemies around us. The amount of health we received from that I believe was the bug.
  4. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I have yet to rage tank since revamp but if I'm not mistaken aren't some of the rage powers as a tank beneficial if there were a lot of adds? Such as Without Mercy providing more heals the more adds there are. Well not only did they remove the bug which is understandable but now we can't spam ragebringer because the health increase is now based on hit combos.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

The AOE attacks like WM do provide healing for each enemy hit by it but thats about it. You can spam Ragebringer if you want but in doing so you're making the NPCs less likely to be Crowd Controlled. Ragebringer also still provides Healing back and its still a Long Range Multi Pull so it has uses still.
  6. Davenport Committed Player

Hey, which is better for Rage, Weapons or Superpowered? I haven't played since the stat system changed and I'm not sure what to do with my rage toon.
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

Rage is more or less built to play in Superpowered Focus. Just watch/manage your Power consumption and youll be fine. Hybrid is doable but really a struggle in terms of rotation. Weapons Expert is well...anyone Power can certainly do it since all you need is your Weapon Buff and you're done. Rage does benefit though for having Self Heals that other Powers dont so there is that advantage.
    • Like x 1
  8. Davenport Committed Player

Bleh. Just figured I'd ask since before I stopped playing I tended to keep a lot of stat boosting sodas around, for my own use and occasionally for lending to others if the raid got that bad (it happens). But they're all freaking Precision sodas, lol. Good thing they're cheap or I'd be super pissed.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Can someone explain how combo power usage works? One of the powers in my loadout, revenge I think, says it's a 100 power cost. When I start it, it sure seems to use a lot more. I've been having some issues managing power lately and wanted to know the break down on how combo power usage works. My alt is atomic and his 100 power combo uses almost no power and the regen is crazy. Just not understanding the difference. Thanks. :)
  10. Ully Committed Player

Your last sentence describes my biggest gripe with the changes made to Rage tanking. Using the hit counter is the only way to utilize rage's tanking mechanic, effectively, forcing you to "actively" tank, as oppose to turtling.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I love how Rage tanking was before stats revamp and now I don't know how to feel about it. Why on earth did they make it be a hit counter? Are all tanks the same in this?
  12. Ully Committed Player

I agree, I also preferred Rage Tanking pre-Stats Revamp. I felt so weak as a Rage tank and that's with SF mods, 334 Sps and Tac mods. I think Rage's tank role needs to be looked at. At the moment, I don't think its on par with Ice or earth tanking. Regarding the hit counter, to my knowledge, Rage is the only Tank power that had its core mechanic reworked to fit this new "active" style of tanking. Don't quote me on this but all other Tanks have a mechanic independent of the hit counter.

I have no idea why the Devs decided to go this route with Rage. Aside from a few issues, Rage was fine. It wasn't OP but it was a lot fun and even then, the option to turtle or "actively" tank was available. The revamp promised flexibility and in my opinion, it failed at applying that flexibility to Rage Tanking.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I love to tank as rage before stats revamp. Then I tanked as atomic and love it too. I just don't know how to feel about it now. The hit counter is extremely unattractive to me. I don't even know if anyone on test said anything about it. I know people were testing the dps side of it.
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

Adding it to the Hit Counter allowed us to keep our Health Buff when Tanking. If they didnt add it to the Hit Counter then we would have lost that passive altogether because the Health increase Pre-Revamp was a bug that true, could have been adjusted but no one would have saw it as such and claimed it a nerf and grabbed their pitchforks over it. Its better to have it here than not have it all.

Rage has always and was always meant to be an Active Tank Power. There is nothing in the tooltips of the Power or abilities that even warrants it to be a Turtle. You can be a Turtle in the Revamp now because we have an effective Shield that we never had in Pre-Revamp. That in itself is one of my gripes in the Revam ptoo is to make everyone be everything removing the uniqueness in a sense to Powers. If you want to Turtle, go Ice or Earth, if you want Active go Rage or Atomic or Fire. Now everyone can do either one across all powers which for the Player is nice but again, ruins the uniqueness of the Powers.
  15. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Yes but in order to maximize your health buff you have to reach the cap of the hit counter.
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

All Combo Powers use Power. The Power Cost you see there in the Ui is only for the Initial Ability and does not include the Power costs for each Combo. I know the Rage Combo Power Costs but not the others.

Revenge - 100 Power Cost, Combo - 50 Power Cost = 150 Power Cost
    Frenzy - 150, Combo(s) x6 - 50 each = 450 Power Cost
    Outrage - 200, Combo(s) x2 - 50 each = 300 Power Cost
    Dreadful Blast - 200, Combo(s) x2 - 50 each = 300 Power Cost
    Frenetic Bombardment - 100, Combo(s) x4 - 50 each = 300 Power Cost
    Eviscerating Chain- 100 Power Cost, Combo - 50 Power Cost = 150 Power Cost
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Correct and I had reserves over having to hit the x50 Hit Counter but after going in content with it, I hit all the time and with how I pull and keep the fighting going, I never have a problem that i thought i would.
  18. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Are you using Superpowered or Hybrid and if you are using Hybrid then would a weapon that does a lot of hits be more beneficial? I'm curious to see how you rage tank so I can leave the doubt behind me and possibly enjoy this mechanic.
  19. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

So you have said the reason why E.Chain has a 6 second cooldown is because it's a pull move correct or is it because it's just a 35% finisher? Ragebringer is a pull move but it has a 0.5s cooldown.
  20. Deathmike Devoted Player

Each time you would cast a power(any power, with very few exceptions, namely some SCs) a buff was added based on the number of enemies 15m or closer to you. Each buff had its separate timer. They could stack endlessly but each would expire after 12 seconds.
    Since rage launch and until revamp I'm aware of only 2 bugs.
    The first around the time the first Oan Survival was released (each health buff was doubled, the same bug affected earth's defense) which was fixed in the span of a month or so.
    The second was in the months before the revamp (when you chain-clipped multiple powers, you would sometimes get short-changed a buff).
    Other than that, it always worked consistently.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 1