An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its not the same because Remorseless is a Leech ability and not a Shield. But I will say its not thatbadof an idea to check. I'll try and look at that in just a moment.

E. Chain is set to 6 seconds because its a Pull and falls in line within Revamp rules for Pulls like Earth's Earthen Grip has a 6 second pull. It just so happens our Pull is also our 35% finisher.

The New PI Grenade isnt a bad choice. Ive never used them before so Im not sure how effective they would be. I can only guess they last the 12 secs just like other PIs but the item itself may have a longer cooldown.
  2. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I just tried out the Plasma Capsule. It's a PBAOE. Not my liking. I assumed you would be able to throw it like other grenades. Had to put back GE. Darn, E.Chain was one of my favorites now because of that it's meh to me. I only assumed Remorseless Recovery and Redirected Rage would be the same since both say it's affected by Dominance and Restoration.
    • Like x 1
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its literally a thought that never occurred to me that it follows the same % as a shield. I figured it would be its own special flower. Good call and Ill hop on to test this later tonight and post my results. *high five*
    • Like x 1
  4. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Awesome! *high fives back* looking forward to what you get.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Okay so Remorseless is NOT considered a Leech Ability. Even reading the patch notes with the standardize "DPS Role gets 25% Leech and higher damage", RR does not do damage so it is outside of this rule.

i dont have time tonight but Ill make some time tomorrow during free time at work but as an example of what I did:

CR190 Gear, DPS Role/Gear
    Resto - 4099
    Dom - 311

Damage done to enemy - 3932
    MAX Heal Return from RR - 862

the 862 is the MAX Healing I received with these stats. The wording "receive healing equal to a portion of you damage dealt to enemies" is a misnomer because you read it and think there's a percentage of damage gets turn to heals but it doesnt. I did 323 damage with a melee attack and got healed back 323 so thats 100% heal back UNTIL you reach the capped Healing which was 862.

A lot of work to find out whats really going on with this ability but I feel giving it the Leech Ruling of 25% of damage turns to healing and then giving us a set % of Dom and Resto to cap it would be better. I also have to test this on Tank Role too.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Yeah I got around the same max healing from Remorseless Recovery. Do you have any skill points into dominance or restoration? Or are those numbers just from mainframe? Because I only have mainframe mods and no skill points into either don or resto. If only there wasn't a cap :/ hmm I wonder about channeled hate...
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

I was using my DPS Spec with no Mods, only using Skill Points. I was on Test Server and I dont mod on there. Channel hate is/should be outside of this rule. Its an actual Leech ability so 25% of the damage SHOULD be a heal.
  8. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

So that would mean channeled hate heal would be stronger than Remorseless Recovery?
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Possibly, I would have to see. RR heals you X amount every 2 secs for 12 secs aka 6 ticks. Channel Hate I believe gives a lump sum and not a Heal over Time during the casting (last minute changes if I recall).
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Can rage still buff its health with every power cast x ever add the power hits x a % of your dom.

or did it change with the revamp?
  11. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I believe Mepps mentioned that change and was given the health buff to only be applied by keeping your combo meter up unless I'm mistaken. Haven't had time to try out the tanking side yet.
  12. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I tried Channeled Hate. It's useful and strong. There's so many ways to go about this. Have Remorseless Recovery, Severe Punishment, Channeled Hate, and Redirected Rage. Of course it's power hungry but I believe the heals would be good. I currently have Channeled Hate on my loadout instead of Remorseless Recovery due to the cap it has. Though the downside to Channeled Hate is that you can be lunged and you're stuck in the animation unless you jump or press something else. Wasn't sure if to put the hand mod for channeled abilities or keep the max damage mod. I was also trying out rage blast sort of the same as Channeled Hate except it's not a channeled ability.

What's throwing me off is as a dps you will do more damage using your powers and the power description says you receive healing equal to a portion of your damage yet for tanking the damage is reduced but the healing is increased. I assume if you could put enough damage you can see a bigger heal return but I highly doubt it works like that.
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so then its based on the hit counter then?
  14. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Possibly, only way to find out is to try it. Though you could look for the notes. I don't know where but it's there. Mmm maybe it's the stats revamp notes.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Based on your combo meter you gain health equal to a percentage of your dominance capped at 100% which is reached at a hit counter of 50%
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

for me can you lower it to a 3 year old sentence lmao
  17. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

The higher your combo meter the more health you get, which maxes out at 100% of your dominance when you hit x50 combo hits.

So if you have 5000 dominance and you hit a x50 combo then you''ll have gained 5000 health.
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

got ya now.

must be why they made super powers make hit counter go up as well instead of just weapons.
  19. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

5000 isn't a lot. We were able to buff our health way more than that before revamp and I had around 4K dominance. I also don't like the fact that it's now based on hit combos which you can be knocked out of or pushed away. Doesn't fire increase your health as well along with Atomic?
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Previous Health increase Rage had before the Revamp was actually a bug that never got fixed.