An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Ichiro Loyal Player

Does anyone know if dreadful blast is till a block breaker? I have tried several times to block break NPC's with it and it doesn't seem to be a block breaker anymore. I'ts still vulnerable to interrupt so I don't know it it is intended to block break or not.
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Combos no longer perform block breaks or interrupts anymore.
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Very nice write up but just to let you know, the loadout in lower tiers varies heavily in End Game. Weird I know but thats just how the Power Usage is as your CR increases, the Power costs increase so just keep that in the back of your mind as you level if you start seeing stuff differently.

The heal back mechanic in Severe Punishment and Vindictive gives at 50% of the damage done to you as Heals while in Tank Role its 80%.

Notes to remember from the Patch Notes:

I know it says Tank Role but there's DPS information in there too. Good luck and have fun out there!
    • Like x 1
  4. Ichiro Loyal Player

Thank for the reply. Weren't counters/interrupts supposed to be removed because the counter/interrupt of the combo powers were removed? right now the rules seem to be out of balance. before it was like rock/paper scissor. Now I am using a power that doesn't block break but is still vulnerable to lunge.
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

Thank you! I was looking for that info.

I tested Loadout 2 with my Cr180 toon and it worked, it was actually the basis I had to make this DPS loadout. Frenzy is power-friendly even at high CRs, thankfully, which allows a good Rage DPS player to keep up with damage without making the controller wanting to commit suicide.
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

They were removed from some abilities but not all like E Chain is still vulnerable to block because its a finisher and the other Finishers have the same stipulation. Dreadful Blast I believe is still Vulnerable to Lunge because of how its still a Cast like ability BUT there is a Tact Mod in your Base that prevents being interrupted like that and I think DB is on that listing.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

whats the best way to mod / spec SP for rage now? Is it still health and dom?

Or would passing up dom for power be better, and then once you have gotten as much health and power then put left over SP into dom?
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Depends on what you want. For my Rage DPS I've specced one point into health and dom to gain the +400 HP bonus, and all the rest I've specced into power. The more power you have the more you regenerate in combat, so it's a good way to keep fighting for long. As for mods, Dom and Power will do. Everything & Power if you can.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

If you're using Redirected Rage Mod into Dom. If you arent then Mod into Health. You can also use the Dom/Health Mod if you want as well. Even with our Passive we get enough Dom from our gear to suffice but of course more does help but the Dom is more for strengthening your Shield in the downtime of Severe Punishment.

Skill Points spending is the way methodology. Also, Resto doesnt do anything for Rage besides increasing the heal from Ire and even then, its not a big difference. Resto is also in the Shield Strength calculations but because as Tanks we focus on Dom more, that stat covers it so we don't have to worry about Resto.
    • Like x 1
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so in order of importance it would go what? Dom > health? if using redirected rage?
    • Like x 1
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

was mainly asking for tanking :p
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

Oh.

iFail.
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

naw you didnt know as I didnt say for which role :p
  14. LustingPower New Player

Looking for Input
    After the revamp on dps i am running a melee build (Superpower/Superspeed)
    Outrage - Lacerate - Evis. Chain - Berserk - Galling Erupt. - Sev. Punishment
    Couple things am concerned about are
    - Using Frenzy over Lacerate. I tend to run out of power quicker when using Frenzy, cause each tap drains power. But which would work better.
    - Been working switching in Vortex Trap & Relentless Remorse into the loadout
    - For the Restorative Leg Mod which would be better Lacerate or Revenge?

As for the tank side i am doing (Hybrid/Superspeed)
    Redirected Rage - Sev. Punishment - Evis. Chain - Ire - Sonic Cry - Ragebringer
    Questions
    - I want to use a restorative mod in the legs but don't know if using Revenge in place of Evis. Chain is wise!
  15. SparkmanX Committed Player

Hi
    Please, can you explain a little bit more about your last loadout?
    I use The first one, but i want to try something else. How it's work your last loadout?
  16. Ully Committed Player

Hey, I switched from Rage to Ice Tanking, but I'll tell you how I used my 3rd loadout. I clip Ragebringer with Severe P and I start my weapon attacks for the health buff. Before I rage cancel with E-chain, I hit my immunity and Remorseless recovery, or sometimes, I'll hit remorseless recovery after I rage cancel. If I remember correctly, Remorseless Recovery grants you the extra defence buff by way of Fervor, so its extremely beneficial, especially now with the ridiculous cooldown period of Severe P. While the Rage shield is nice, the cooldown period is too long to cycle it efficiently. Remorseless Recovery has a shorter cooldown and therefore it's more reliable.

To mitigate more incoming damage, you could use Severe P, Ragebringer, E-Chain, Remorseless Recovery, HL shield and Rage shield. However, this loadout has no immunity power and AOE pull, which I personally like using. I think Rage needs some adjustments because at higher level content, specifically the latest Elite raids, it does not compare to some of the other Tank powers, in terms of survivability.
    • Like x 1
  17. Streven Dedicated Player

I use that loadout but sub without mercy in for ragebringer. Have only just broken intoT6 with my rage toon so can't comment on elite content but seems to work great in everything I've tried it I .
  18. buddah Well-Known Player

I just switched to rage and was wondering how I should spec my sp on the tank side
  19. Streven Dedicated Player

I prefer hybrid. Power is never much of an issue so why not get the extra Dom. Then I prefer dominance and health. Since rage is self healing I see nothing wrong with getting the health crits also.
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

Are you seeing results from the Heal Crits because they dont really work nor speccing into Resto during my testing. Our Heals are static since it comes from our actual damage our and/or damage in.