An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Meta Flare New Player

I only use eruption when I am not with a rage dps.

I'm debating whether or not I want to respec my power points to get the precision buff instead of eruption. Not the break out one, I'm drawing a blank on the name)
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

You do: Violence :p

I prefer Violence in general. In Nexus its a nice juggler (besides the aoe around you for taunting) for all the cute adds combined with Without Mercy (WM > V > WM - pretty much 12-15 seconds adds doing nothing just flying around you helpless and if they are still up after, kick the DPS lol ^^). In Paradox or last boss AnB I'm a little turtle so Remorseless does nothing much. I do give it a couple of shots more. Just went away from DPSing with Rage so boring after a week while Tank has options, options and options.
    • Like x 2
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Doh, yeah I'll have to look into that.

I would note, that it's not something that clips though. So my normal Ragebringer/SP/RR is 3 buff stacks, where Violence/SP would be 2.
  4. DeathZakid Well-Known Player

I love violence. It's just like bitter winds. I always clip it with severe punishment for backup.
    • Like x 3
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yep violence is the way to go. If i'm at a boss where i need to turtle it up i cast violence then clip it with severe punishment that way no animation from violence so i can get back to blocking sooner and i have my crash mitigation just incase. and the cool down is perfect there both ready to cast at the same time.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The loadout thats been working best for me is Retch-Dreadful-E Chain-Outrage-Bloodlust and Berserk. It has both range and melee cause theres always those few spots where you can kill some mobs with outrage and its way to good of a power to not use.

So what i do Range wise is (with rifle)... Tap Range - Retch - Tap Range Jump Cancel - Dreadful Blast - Dreadful blast then start back over with Retch. And then every time Bloodlust is ready to use I use E Chain and clip it with Blood lust. That way every time you cast Bloodlust you get a good 2k damage from E Chain with no cost in time.

And anywhere i can melee i use Tap Range - Retch - Tap Range jump cancel - Outrage 3 times then back to Retch and i throw in E Chain Bloodlust clip and Berserk whenever i can.

I see alot of people do Retch and Dreadful blast back to back. If your quick you can to 2 Dreadful Blasts before Retch goes down witch will give you better dps. But only if your quick with it. If you get interrupted or something happens only do one dreadful but anytime you can get 2 off go for it.

And about galling i'm not a fan of it. If i'm gonna be range i want to be range. Alot of times when your that close you get interrupted more and i can put up better numbers chilling in the back doing smooth rotations rather then maybe getting hit and knocked out of a move.
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

Thanks Jeebie!

So the mitigator is only good for a few seconds... and the crash happens at 9:00, correct? Does the 50% mitigation safety net need to be cast at or about the same time as well as the mitigator, or can it be cast much sooner?

I stole your loadout I saw you post it in another thread, it works pretty well. Have you had success tanking A & B or the heavy hits in dox yet?
    • Like x 1
  8. Jax Prime New Player

Great guide. Actually makes me interested in playing Rage.
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Mitigator stays up for a bit I believe, haven't tested exactly how long but typically I just clip it in with my rage power. So I'll do Ragebringer/SP/RR getting 3 powers = 3 stacks of buff = mitigator up as a safety net. Then yeah rage crash happens at 9 oclock.

I've tanked everything, and yeah it works great.

Actually tanked/kited 3 sub bosses + tyrant+adds in Paradox :D We accidently let everything out by letting the tyrant get beat down below 35% just from AE damage.
  10. Will Power Loyal Player

This is one of my favorite Powers its got a nice Juggle to it reminds me of Enflame. Basicly comboed with Ragebringer it adds Precision over time to the Might burn as along as the targets are tagged with rage it keeps a nice burn going perfect for Solo Tanking. I pop the Ragebringer and then pop the Violence then I do the Lacerate move which keeps the adds juggled for a nice bit longer up in the air. I use my Tanks like DPSs and It works our great. A Tank can last a heck of a lot longer than a DPS at Close Range attack that's why I like DPS Tanking or Juggle Tanking. I don't like the burn on DPS's it shortens the play time and I like my Challenges to last 30 mins at max as a DPS its over quicker. I like long fights the longer the more Fun IMO. I rarely use Rage Crash on Adds instead I stack the burns of all the DoT that rage has. I only use Rage crash to finish off a fight if I'm close to Death at that point I'm playing Russian Roulette or that game with the Gun people play with with one bullet in the chamber. I think its the same game.
  11. Nemisor Committed Player

you might want to change the part about the health buff. its any power used, not just from going into rage mode. otherwise it would be pretty hard to get that 40k health from spamming ragebringer.
  12. Radium Devoted Player

Don't know if it was brought up and I didn't see it, but the health buff also increases with each power activated.

So if I had 2 adds around me it would give 1.2 health per Dom, but for each power I hit it would also double that again.
    • Like x 1
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Aye,
    I'll hit 5 powers in a normal 12s period.

So that's 5 stacks. right there.

with my dom I get about 1k per stack.

So with 1 mob I get 5k
    2 mobs I get 10k
    3 mobs I get 15k
    4 I get 20k!
    etc.

When i start a fight I usually do a clip of ragebringer/SP/RR

That's 3 powers right off the bat.

So again, 1 mob = 3k
    2 mobs = 6k
    3 mobs = 9k
    4 mobs = 12k
    etc.

It's variable which makes it wonky but in the right situation it gets quite powerful.

For example the start of Assbat. You have 1 mob. So I'm at 12400 to start the fight, where he can hit for 8k+ with his BB.

When the second boss comes out, I'll have probably at least one of the adds close enough to buff too, so that's 3 mobs. If I get another 3 power combo out during that time plus 2 stacks of the 1 combo that I already had up, that's now 3 mobs triple stack for 9k addition, plus the 2k I already had, and i'll be at like 20400.

Which is why IMO the fight actually gets much easier for me once the second guy is out. And I hate when groups put all the pressure on the tank to sit and hold the boss for a couple minutes, step it up DPS, is it really hard to watch crystals and swap targets? Also at least on villain side you can ignore the crystals and just stick to the sides of the room and avoid the attack, not sure if it's like that on hero side. But when we noticed that we just stopped with the crystals all together and just kill the buggers.
  14. BOXIE Well-Known Player

I went from fire to rage and I'm loving it. Red Lantern has always been my favorite and now I can finally know how it feels to use rage. Btw I'm thinking of putting neo venom in my loadout. What do u guys think?
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

Blubb, I leave this without comment:

The other DPS are Quantum, Cel and Nature (as the positioning).
  16. volticthuunda New Player

HELP!! I berly started playing dcuo and its freaking awesome I bought the lighting strikes dlc but to go to metro city you need an combat rating of 53 but I'm stuck at 42 can someone please help me Please psn : x_klink_x please thank you
  17. Nemisor Committed Player

probibly best you make a new thread about that. this is about rage powers.
  18. Undone Fantasy New Player

So I have a question, does the precision DoT of Galling Eruption override the might version, and vice versa?
  19. Radium Devoted Player

Thats a pretty good question.

Have not tested it, but it mostly likely shouldn't as Hard Lights precision and might DoTs don't overwrite each other.
  20. Agnetta Dedicated Player

hard light's prec and might dots do overwrite eachother actually. they used to stack, but that was fixed like a year and a half ago. you can test it easily. just do ram > combo snap trap > power snap trap and watch your prec dots stop instantly
    • Like x 1