An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so what is the stats I nee for rage tanking?

b/c I took out all dom, health, crit heal, def in all weapon tree's.
  2. Nemisor Committed Player

for rage tanking its all about Dom and Health.

most people mod Dom+Health in the blue sockets and dom+whatever in the others. lately ive been going full dom. i do the math ( try to anyway) and using 3 powers over 12 seconds with 3 or more adds creates more health with just dom than with dom+health. i duno, up to you but as i said most use dom+health.
  3. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

ok I'll need to respec SP to make sure I have all dom + health, which I dont think I had all health innates.

well I'll grab both dom and health in SP, then more then likely do as you for the same reason, b/c of how the HP of rage tanks scale off of dom based off of # of enemies around / adds hit by a power. Then to top it off how many you hit those # of adds with powers lol

I'd rather better my odds of high health without needing to spam then anything :p
  4. megamanzero Loyal Player

anyone have tips on rage dpsing? what's a good loadout to use?
  5. Srone Well-Known Player

you can use this as a starting point
  6. Treskar Committed Player

Just Started Playing a RAGE TANK got to CR 81. Now working on getting the SPs. I have set my stats atm for all the defense toughness bonuses. WANT TO BE A PURE TANK. Still not made a loadout. TOOK all the stat bonuses from iconics.

Reading.

Still not done missions to get a lair.

So far my loadout is absolutely nothing debating on ANGER or PUNISHMENT.

Heard of tanks taking a pet for some reason.

A lot of ground to cover with 23 pages and I might miss something.

Summary?
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

As far as stat speccing, Defense from sp is not the most beneficial since the amount of Defense required o get the same mitigation goes up as your cr goes up. Also, you will be able to hit the mitigation cap while blocking just with the Defense from your gear.

Stats like Health and Dominance will likely serve you lightly more.

Most players use powers from both trees, which is why you don't see much debate about Anger or Punishment.
  8. Treskar Committed Player

WHOA WHOA WHOA... CR now regulates what those SP abilies do not lvl.. thought it was lvl 30 needed 70 TOughness defense for extra 1%...Why keep a skill on the tree that actually does nothing at CR 100?
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

With GU47 some stats that got updated, like defense and toughness, have outdated in-game descriptions. Now the amount to get 1% mitigation changes with you Cr.

Also the amount damage you take and deal out is scaled based on your Cr in relation to your enemies, where being below the enemy's Cr increases the damage you take and decreases the damage you deal and vice versa when you Cr is higher than there's.
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Rage Testing thread got cleared out of any additional requests about distance and cooldowns.

My biggest regret, like Ice and Light, AM mechanic is hardly use able in tank role.

Edit: My bad , they actually closed the old thread and opened new one. There might be some hope for additional changes after all. :D
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

Light's AM is the easiest to use in it's support role. It only takes the cost power cost of one power to activate.

I wouldn't complain when some like Quantum require 4 powers to get even one rotation off.

None of the mid-range updates have been about making AMs easier to use in support roles, and I doubt that would suddenly change now.
    • Like x 1
  13. George00 Active Player

What load outs are people using after gu 58? Any videos showing dps Melee and dps range along with their damage potential?
  14. motionsick Well-Known Player

I'm using a "workaround" loadout right now because of the way power regen is effed up.

Outrage combo -> Galling Eruption c/Blood Lust c/Relentless Anger -> Revenge combo c/E-Chain combo c/Outrage combo

After hitting Outrage combo and going into the 3 buff/pi/rage powers I can combo normally with power regen. Damage is terrible though.
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm still using the hybrid loadout.

Loadout:

Galling eruption, bloodlust, relentless anger, Infuriate, Dreadful blast, outrage.

Rotation:
    Galling eruption clipped with bloodlust and relentless anger.

Now rinse and repeat this:

Dreadful blast, hold range.

On the last part of dreadful blast's combo, you can clip it with outrage.

Outrage hold melee back into dreadful blast.

For Content where you don't have a controller you'd probably be best off hitting outrage or dreadful blast's combo first, then do the above rotation.

This would be so that you don't consume a lot of power.
  16. motionsick Well-Known Player

I was trying this out last night, but just starting with Outrage first. Seemed decent also.

Thinking of swapping out Infuriate with Beserk tho.
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

To me berserk isn't worth the cost.

Tbh: Berserk really only did great damage during WM and that's because the duration was good enough to use it.

5 seconds just doesn't justify a 50% cost.

Maybe 35% would be more reasonable to me for the duration, but eh what do I know..

It might be worth giving it a shot.
  18. Castrato Well-Known Player

Is it still worth modding might/precision in all the red sockets as a dps?
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

No, I'm fairly certain it never was a good idea to do that.
  20. Castrato Well-Known Player

Ok then. I was just wondering because, currently, I'm modded straight precision.