An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Has anyone tried using air burst to grant a quick immunity before rage crash prevention? Has a nice quick cool down. And has a nice breakout affect as well
  2. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Thanks.
  3. Snix Dedicated Player

I use a Hybrid Tank Build in Throne or Elite on the Essence whenever I get a chance. I Spec my SPs as any DPS would and use the following loadout. Severe Punishment, Bloodlust, Remorseless Recovery, Outrage, Ragebringer or Lasso, Infuriate.
  4. Red Jenni Loyal Player

So you are or are not speccing into defense? I have heard many times that defense boosts are meaningless at the higher tiers so may as well spend the so elsewhere.
  5. Trykz Dedicated Player

Yes i do.
  6. Red Jenni Loyal Player

omg I just watched that video again and you just blew my mind wide open. I didn't realize the 21 points you spent in each tree for the bonuses at the bottom didn't have to include ever move on every weapon tree. Holy cow! This changes so much. On all my toons. Thank you again, oh master. I bow to you.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

battle tanks are built to do dmg + hold aggro

straight tanks are built to hold aggro + survive-ability more so then battle tanks are / can.

this is what I get from the whole "battle x roles"
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

Correct
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

Glad I could help. I imagine that would change a lot.
  10. kravonik New Player

I pretty much play pvp, but every now and then I hit the pve field. Being that I never have tanked in this game, I was wondering whaat a good loadout for Rage Tank would be

Battle Tank and Pure Tank.
  11. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

I'm tanking T6 and I feel like I'm not getting enough power, I'm going with the FULL TANK loadout somebody posted in here.

Can I, or more, should I use the AM as a tank?
    Severe Punishment - Remorseless Recovery - Ire - Outrage -Without Mercy - Ragebringer

Oh also, are handblasters, shields and rifles fine for tanking? If not, which weapon should I be using. Should I use weapon mastery?

I want to be PURE TANK but I want to use a supercharge, which one would you recommend, and which ability above should I remove for the SC.
  12. Korlick Loyal Player

You can use any weapon you want, as long as you feel comfortable with it. But...the fastest the better (for counters and lunges).
  13. Saybro Committed Player

Don't spam your power. You don't need to. And there is no am for tank stance.
  14. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

I only have 65 SP in my rage tank, so if I don't think I should really do any of the battle tank stuff yet, right?
    I saw people saying how defence is now pointless, so I'm not sure what my stat priority should be now.

Nevermind, just saw the video you gusy were talking about, pretty good guide too.

What Iconics should I use, the dom one seems like its a must but not sure about the rest. I get 5 free points after doing what this video old me.
  15. Viridian Pyre Level 30

Hey there everyone. I was considering switching from hl to rage (I've been wanting to tank again) and I had a question about dps post-gu47. I've heard some rage players saying that they are now doing less dps with the pure am rotations and that including wm combos is actually yielding better damage. Is there any truth to this?
  16. ThatsFatal New Player

Is this guide still up to date as of GU 49? No one has posted in here for over 6 weeks.
  17. Darkkknight New Player

Sadly no, as rage could use some tweaks to its power back mechanic. As of right now if you get interrupted while your doing a melee rotation, not only do you get no power back, but since your clipping you use power for an ability that didn't even activate. Leaving you with about a 25% power bar. Which isn't enough to activate 3 combo powers much less clip your buffs in. After listing to the last fnl im not sure if it will even happen. As someone said "after this we will be all caught up" in reference to reveamping all dps powersets. Another option to fix that issue is to give a power like relentless anger contol ressistance like infuriate has.

Has anyone been having issues clipping powers recently? I just swapped out dreadful blast in my melee rotation for revenge so I'd be vulnerable to less counters when running w/o tanks. For example I'll clip out rage with revenge and stop hitting buttons. Outrage won't get clipped but but revenge was still accepted as an input and activates with the combo. That seems like lag, but why is it happening so often, when before with dreadful it rarely happened. I'll try reseting my router if thats not it, how do you defrag the game on ps4?

On a side note, what happened to plasma wretch? Before you could act immediately after jump canceling it. Now you still have to wait a few seconds so its not even worth using.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Welp.. I'm done with rage.
    I ran a 30 second parser on the live sparring targets:
    Rage WM: 24K.,

Rage AM: Yielded 30k, No wm inbetween just pure dreadful blast spam.
    Hate the fact This power used to be fun, I mean really The name"Advanced mechanic" Is very misleading when it comes to rage.
  19. Pults Loyal Player

20. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

With enough practice you should be able to lower the chances of running into this issue.
    I've been rage for a long time and I love its melee rotation (not that I like its performance, but it's fun to play). After some time you get faster reactions to what adds do to you. It doesn't happen always, but I've been able to break free from a block counter and continue the my rotation without stopping the advanced mechanic, it just depends on your reaction speed. I usually break free from the counter fast enough to "clip" my breakout into a power to continue my rotation. I almost never run out of power, it's actually pretty easy during alerts and raids where there's a tank to attract the adds. In solos or duos you'll most likely have another DPS with you, so if the adds juggle you too much you might actually lose your timing, but even though, I almost never use soders with my rage toon. Rage mechanic keeps my health up and advanced mechanic does the same with my power.