An Anger-Fueled Guide to Rage

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TDSK, Jan 27, 2014.

1. TheRealDeathern New Player

Love the work you've put into this so far, cant wait to see more. A quick question you may be able to answer, when tanking, and to avoid the rage crash, is it best to wait (6 seconds or so...) to mitigate it, or can it be mitigated immediatley by using one of the full mitigating powers?

In other words, will the full mitigation power wipe rage completely upon use, thus using it earlier would leave me vulnerable to damage longer, or is it as long as I hit somewhere in the time window, all damage is mitigated, so using it earlier would only mean I'm good for the rage count at least...?

I'm a little confused on this. Thanks for the help in advance.
  2. Obsisteret Well-Known Player

You need to time the mitigation, so casting Outrage straight away for example won't save you from the rage crash.
  3. Meta Flare New Player

I'm pretty sure that retch is not a crash ignore
  4. TDSK Committed Player

Last I checked, Plasma Retch does Ignore damage from the Rage Crash. I can check once I get home if something changed, but it should ignore Rage Crash damage.

UPDATE: I can confirm that Plasma Retch does ignore Rage Crash damage.
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Nice, great to see a fully polished guide up finally :)

Couple things.

Might want to add in the "super fast option" Doing Dreaful Blasts/Retch/Jump, doing that each time around if you do it faster with something like rifle it's REALLY good, similar to the K007 HL combo, in fact I believe he has a video of it up already. Can do it with Outrage as well in closer situations. I don't use it just thought I'd mention it because I'm sure some are looking for that 3 troller setup.

Then also, you have your rotation :

Galling Eruption/Bloodlust > Plasma Retch/Jump > Weapon > Dreadful Blast (x3 combo) > Repeat Plasma Retch - Dreadful Blast.

And I get what you're doing, but a few little things.

You can do a quick range tap between the Bloodlust and Retch. Also between the second Plasma Retch and the Dreadful Blast.

Typically I just don't even mention weapon attack, and Just have > = Weapon attack as it's a break in combat so doing a tap of anything clipped is negligible time so why not? Don't mean to be nitpicky, just trying to contribute :) But That loadout/rotation is what I use as well, I don't care for that fast stuff, it's too much on my hands.
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I like to set up a safety net with a 50% mitigation. Then yes you need to time the rage crash blocker. The blockers put a 2s "buff" on you that will block the crash, you can see this as a circle around your head.

For easy timing, either think of the reuse on your rage power as a clock, and hit a rage crash at the 7-9 oclock. Or an even easier way, just when it lines up with the power bar number to the bottom left of your rage power, that's time to hit rage blocker. Makes it very easy, as you hear the heartbeat speed up, peak at your power bar, when it lines up, hit the power.

made this rq :)

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. TDSK Committed Player

Definitely agree with the Superfast option, I'll add that in there.

As for the second point, it's mainly a keep repeating until Galling Eruption is back up, so I'll add that in there at the end to clear things up.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, btw. Still working on the guide, and updated to First Post to have my next project to be put in for the powers: Cooldown Times.
  8. CntBeSrs New Player

I can confirm from a dev in a recent post that the bug with ragebringer is with all taunts... basically if u use the taunt superpower before actually hitting the target, the taunt wont stick. So there is a temp fix, hit the target before using the supwerpower! its a hate chart problem aparently and is being worked on! woop!
  9. TDSK Committed Player

Thanks for that update. I'll add it to current list of bugs!
  10. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Rage bringer and rage blast description can be confusing, it you cover the target or targets in rage bringers case with the red bloody type mist aura then as the target attacks you with melee or range (not power) attacks you receive a portion of the damage back as heals, this scales with damage so if the rave eager swipes up you 6 K on the third swipe and you hit him with rage bringer you will receive a substantial heal.

The trick is the target has to have the red aura on them and it has to be a precision based attack at least that's what I have found so far

Edit:

Any power that has description healing equal to a portion of damage dealt has this mechanic it's healing you blessed on enemy with status effect damage felt, if they ever make a consumable with this it would be crazy.
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I was under the impression the only rage crash cancelers were;

Revenge
    E Chain
    Outrage
    Dreadfull Blast

That all rage crash canceles were combos, although rage crash prevention does not require just the timing of using the power within the 2 second window. This guide lists several rage crash mitigators as rage crash cancelers
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Naw, Retch is as well, but that's the only other canceler

Eruption, Bloodlust, Remorseless are all mitigators (might be one I'm missing).
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I'm actually considering modding my 6 blue and 2 red with prec and dominance .

You loose 570 health, what, with the health stacking system on rage is not a lot and gain 210 precision, throw in a flex soda and bloodlust always up as a mitigator, you could continually be sitting at or around 1100 prec or higher .

I think I might give this a try as I get CR 90 tank gear .
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That's how the guys in my league are modding their tanks now. Of course even the Ice guy is doing it. Simply don't need the extra defensive stats with this gear. Might as well go offensive.

I have a ton of blue bytes, my tank is my alt, and I like being super tanky, so I'm sticking to my Dom/Health in blues.
  15. ACW37162 Loyal Player

This makes me sad, I think you had the best feedback on test to reduce the cool down on the rage crash cancelers to 3 to 4 seconds. I end up holding off on a power of getting stuck in between weapon combos waiting it's not super frustrating input it takes away from how fluid the power could be

The sad part is tanks is you alt :(
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That alt is better geared and has seen more time lately than my main :D, simply isn't my priority for DPS, so he isn't getting my DPS bytes!:)
  17. CntBeSrs New Player

Vindictive is also a rage crash immune, but is a supercharge
  18. Meta Flare New Player

How did I miss that.

I guess that explains why I saw a tank using it earlier.

I still prefer to have galling eruption as a mitigatator and Echain and outrage as my cancels.
  19. Irmensul Well-Known Player

Im definitely adding power & precision to the (6?) red & yellow sockets,extra power is a must (Well,to retain a degree of..self sufficiency)
    Dunno whether to put dom prec in the 2 blue sockets & the rings or health prec...Anyone?
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I've been using Remorseless Recovery myself. Less power points, no overwriting and gets the job done as well as some healing back when i do damage. I do like playing in blood pools though :D
    • Like x 2