Amulet of Rao and B.O.P. Commlink Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Penryn, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Ranmaru Developer

Speaking on the crits specifically, sadly when the game uses just your mainstat to calculate for damage done that is applicable for crit, whereas when we use a composite system to make it a mixed scaling stat value it loses the ability to critically hit; I'll talk with CB to give it a small buff to compensate for the loss in critical chance.
    • Like x 6
  2. Cardboard Developer

Hey gamers!

Thanks for all the feedback. It's been very helpful.

Birds' Blitz has been changed to be only available in the controller role.

Some upcoming changes to Birds' Blitz:
    • It will now proc its power interaction on all the targets it hits
    • To make up for the lack of crits, Birds' Blitz will be getting a 5% damage boost. From 35.2% Vitalization and 8% Might to 37% Vitalization and 8.4% Might.
    • Like x 10
  3. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Thanks Cardboard! Any chance to take a look at how much syphon weakness is giving back vs what it is on live currently?
    • Like x 1
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I could cry this is so beautiful thank you my friend.

Yeah I agree it needs a push or a small kick hehehe but joking aside a nice buff would be nice.
  5. Cardboard Developer

Yeah I'll take a look at Siphon Weakness
    • Like x 7
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

So THAT's why the Compute Hud beam can't crit. At least I know now.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pretty much. I’ve brought this up when demon fang was adjusted to see what the chances were to get it to crit to allow better synergy with transformations.

Regardless I’m actually pretty excited for these changes.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Before you guys get too far into this, what would be the chances of combining the rao and bop artifacts considering the synergy between the two?
    • Like x 1
  9. IonHero Committed Player

Any word if any non-controllers who were crazy enough to already get this to 200 could have something to make up for taking away this artifact ability?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

LMFAO
    • Like x 5
  11. Vikaluka Active Player

I have a question: Would the damage from the artifact (and other similar artifacts) be affected by the "difficulty modifier"? I know when running elite plus raids, player's damage is reduced by half, I'm wondering if it applies to the extra damage we get as well?
  12. Cardboard Developer

Can you post your Vitalization stat and your Siphon Weakness numbers on Live and Test?
  13. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol lol that is hilarious omg a good laugh for me on a Monday.

Me to bud can't wait till this hits live.
  14. Cardboard Developer

Oh, for context. The Siphon Weakness on Test should be 50% more than current Live at rank 200.
    • Like x 2
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thank you for keeping the lights on for us :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was able to verify that it is 50% more in the current PCTest Build when comparing with similar Vitalization stats.
    • Like x 2
  17. Cardboard Developer

Hey everyone! After looking at Siphon Weakness, I realized that I had messed up the proportion between its rank 160 120 and rank 200 values. The rank 200 is supposed to be double the value, but with my buff, it was only 1.5 times the value. To fix this, I'll be slightly reducing the buff to the rank 160 120 values so that rank 200 is double it.
  18. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I’m a bit confused, so rank 160 will give still 1.5 times the value that it previously had? And rank 200 too?

200 was giving double the value from 120 and 160, so with your buff at 200 should’ve been 1.5x the double of 120 and 160 correct? Is 160 going to get less now? Or what’s what you’re going to do?
  19. Cardboard Developer

Sorry I meant 120, not 160.

So, the buff had made it where rank 120 was giving 2x the power it was giving before, and rank 200 was giving 1.5x the power it was giving before. I reduced rank 120 so that it's giving 1.5x the power it was giving before.

So rank 120 is still stronger than it was originally, just not so much that it diminishes the payoff of rank 200.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Ah perfect thanks that’s more clear!
    • Like x 1