AMs in the future

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gam3r4Lif3, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I wish there was more variety. What i think they should do is have each power tree have their own AM and let any power be used within the loadout of that AM

*Most likely been brought up before*

Your thoughts on AMs and this idea?
  2. Volkenraider Loyal Player

My thoughts is that they should be removed alongside WM so the game can revert to its old fast paced combat system where skill was a (or the) predominant factor.

Before anyone says some powers/weapons were unbalanced, that issue didn't seem to go away.. Clipping pre GU 36 was sacrificed for nothing in my eyes.

Just my 2 cents -
    • Like x 3
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I would post it in a new topic, but for now this is a good place!
    I think a good idea would be able to AM's iconic powers and powers of moves!
    This would give us even more freedom not only of choice but of personification of our characters!
    • Like x 1
  4. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I love the old dc....but sadly i dont think they are gonna turn back
    • Like x 2
  5. Here2Help Devoted Player

AMs shouldn't be updated, they should be removed. They took away the skill needed to be a good DPS.
    • Like x 3
  6. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Yes i want this too....but i dont think they will be removed
    • Like x 1
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

It is very unlikely, but one can dream ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Backseid Devoted Player

In the future? I think we'll go from 1,2,3,4,5 to:

1,2,3,4 then:

1,2,3 then:

1,2 then:

Eventually, we'll just log in, press one button, and BOOM! win everything all at once... then log out for a week.
    • Like x 1
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I really think that call for very little! Nobody is forced to do this! It does is because does not accept having less damage than others.
    So not playing for fun, but for competition.
    So in the end is not a question whether it is better or not, but if I can be better or not!
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

that'd be nice

*sarcasm*
    • Like x 1
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'd like to see the AM's have an actual advanced mechanic to it, personally designed for each power where you got the easy, average loadout(s) that gives average numbers (dps for dummies, easy to perform), decent but not maximized damage, and then you have the more advanced stage to learn and master where you will be able to maximize your damage from your powerset. This is how I thought AM's were going to work in the first place, yet very, very few powers could be considered advanced at all.

But we have had so, so many updates to Dps now that I don't want to see any of it in a long, long time. Let's focus on support roles to the best ability and actual content (balanced, varied difficulty with varied, exciting mechanics). If the powersets in general are going to be dumbdown easy to perform with, then atleast give us content that challange us to balance things out.
    • Like x 5
  12. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I don't want AM to be removed but I do would like a way to personalize and have your own loadout and not just one universal because it is the best. We should have choices. One day but I love the fire AM right now. My own loadout and didn't look for guides. Been fire since I started so I know the power very well.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

You guys complain when ams give you more useable powers then ever (kept simple and streamlined)

complained before WM (which let's face it, out of over 40 combos, maybe 6 were useful? 10?) about HL being unmatched and other power sets not matching up because they didn't have jump cancel shenanigans.

Complained during wm because you were martial artists and bow users etc with some magic powers on the side.

Just get over the idea of every power doing the same damage. Focus more on instances. Stop complaining so much about powers and look beyond the scoreboard for once.

I'd have to say the idea of revamping powers every 6 seconds isn't helping the game content wise.
    At all.
    • Like x 2
  14. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I don't care about the damage, i just want dps'ing to be more fun. I agree that the constant revamps are not necessary. i would much rather have the devs focus on other aspects of the game.
    • Like x 1
  15. Biester New Player

More dps changes? 2 years worth of dps updates wasn't enough for this community? How about some new gameplay and some bad*** content to participate in? Can we stop asking for more dps updates, it's getting ridiculous now.

If they were to add more options to ams then they would have to spend another few years trying to "balance" these new additions. As a support role player I would lose my damn mind having to sit on the sidelines for another two years. No thank you!! Let's jump off of the dps-catering train and start focusing on some good gameplay and some new, exciting content. Dps' have received more than enough attention to last a lifetime.
    • Like x 2
  16. DulcesS Well-Known Player

Ice AM is almost like that, use 2 powers and then spam that ice beam, end of story.
    • Like x 1
  17. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

And with this in mind I am suggesting a kind of AM for the iconic powers!
    And the powers that we enable the movements!
    This would give us enormous freedom to create our own loadout! And our very personification of characters!
    If these powers could have regenerative power, a greater harm could use in several rotations or even between them, creating new completely new options!