Amenities in Dr. Fate vendor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jaden Law, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Daily rewards is cool, seals, rare styles etc. But how about to add amenities for Destiny Tokens? We can obtaine them by completing collections, but it's too boring and too long if you have more than 1 character(Stryker's Island is a nightmare) + we can't obtain armories... In my opinion this will be good QoL improvement. 1 item cost 1 token and 1 armory cost 2-3 tokens(if you think 1 it's too cheap) and can be purchased per character. In this way marketplace still will be a better option, but give players a choice.
    • Like x 4
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I would like to see more options for that particular vendor.
    • Like x 8
  3. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Honest Answer: The armories would be a big dent in the Marketplace revenue that you haven't replaced. And the real reason you've given for wanting this, when its broken down to 1 singular base explanation, is laziness.

Understand that i'm not trying to insult, but if you're honest with yourself you know its true. You can get the Amenities free ingame, and all it costs you is time and the absolute bare minimum amount of effort while you sit in front of a TV. Its not a lot to ask, and theres no time limit either.
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't really have a problem with the suggestion, but I think Dr Fate items should remain for things NOT attainable through other 'free' means. Adding a path to getting seals, which were only available in the MP has been one of the few bright spots in this update (to me). Things like an armory yes....teleporter yes....Replays...yes. Broker/Mail/Respec/etc....no. Those are in game as collections....Hey, if they add radar enhancers in there, you can use one to find the collections...So it's like they are kind of in there, right?;)
    • Like x 4
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm looking at the old Vault drops - many of which are garbage - and the ridiculous price in FT for them. Am I really going to pay that much for a Soder Cap?

Fate is obviously intended to be a replacement for the poorer-selling items on the Marketplace, and the loss of the Vault. I think DB caved to pressure on the Seals, largely because they used to be tradeable. Armouries are a somewhat different thing.

You need an additional Armoury for one of two reasons: -

1. You play DPS and want to play a Group Role other than DPS.
    2. You have concentrated on Troll, Healer, or Tank, and now want to play the DPS Group Role.

Whilst I love Healing, I get bored when that is all I have to do day in day out. And if there is a Healer that has better stats than me in content, I'd like to switch to DPS when I'm obviously redundant. I can do that (and switch to Adds DPS, Boss DPS, Ranged or Melee etc.), because I bought additional Armouries.

That's a content and metagame choice. The majority of people with only one Armoury simply want choice. Making an additional Armoury available on the Fate Vendor (at whatever huge cost) AT A LIMIT OF ONE (we know they can do this, because they limit the number of some items you can buy on episode vendors) would be good for the game IMO.
    • Like x 4
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, and I was thinking it would be some dopey amount of Fate...like a year's worth (whatever that is)...so a long term payoff for signing in constantly and saving all of it. Whatever an armory costs in IRL money, 1 a year wouldn't break DBG I think...and yeah, LIMIT 1.

Honestly, like the free episodes, I'd guess it would in the end mean more money for them. 2 armories means 2 sets of artifacts, potentially 2 sets of Augments, which can require seals too..and maybe some replay sales.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Love this idea 100%, we already have items from the marketplace, so I don't see it being anything negative I.E Pay2win or nothing. I support this.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

So... According to your logic, devs should only distribute stuff that can't be obtained by gameplay. Hmm... Then they shoudn't have added styles aviable only for completing collections to drop, they shouldn't have added style vendor, they shouldn't have added second chance vendor... They shouldn't have made life easier for players, isn't it? And btw, I don't mind adding radar enhancers if they not will be 1 radar for 1 Destiny Token. 21 days login for 15 mins farm it's too much and 15 mins for some locations it is nothing.
    • Like x 2
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

Well. Time Capsules come and go. Not even Resurgence Capsules cover the earlier Capsules now. Therefore it is now impossible to obtain some items other than through Quarks. And the older the capsule, the less chance of you ever finding a Collection piece (let alone THE Collection piece). You can't get any Styles dropping that were only available from completing Collections from Time Capsules. You CAN get Styles that used to drop in gear boxes from Capsules, but not the key chase items.
  10. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Broker still full of old TC... Yes, they expensive, but still obtainable in game. It's not excuse. You can farm 24\7 and buy TC stuff on broker... leave your job, family, no sleep, no eat, no toilet... just farm until death for get some stuff according to logic some ppl. But hey it's aviable! So don't be lazy. lol
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm not sure what your point is. Nobody is going to waste a Stabiliser on the off-chance of getting a Flaming Phoenix Feather, or a Void Essence. The availability of old capsules isn't the point. The chance of obtaining the rarest of rare drops means it is practically impossible. You're better off opening a hundred TCs just for the Quarks, and then buying the item straight from the Quark Vendor.

So yes, perhaps I should have said "vanishingly small to impossible", rather than impossible.
    • Like x 1
  12. Aren Sul Committed Player

I'm for this idea for two reasons:
    1. Effort argument:
      Getting an amenity does not grant you the feat for completing the collection. If you want the feat, you still need to do the work. The same logic exists right now for buying an appliance in the marketplace, which brings me to my second point...

2. Revenue argument:
      As long as you can only buy them with Destiny Tokens, this may make good business sense for DCUO. I don't have access to the data, but it would be a matter of comparing how much revenue is made on those items in the MP per month, vs how much additional revenue derives from memberships. I have a sense more consistent revenue comes from membership. And, the more attractive they can make Destiny Tokens, the attractive becomes getting a 'free' amount every month for being a member.
    • Like x 3
  13. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

My point is, if devs already made game more comfortable, why not make few more steps in this direction? Yes, you can obtaine old TCs and amenities in game, but for what reason you should spend additional few hours per day on weekly or monthly basis? If you lucky enough you can obtaine more than one set of collections or get rare stuff from tc, but waiting month(21day) or 2 or 6... does not matter, doing only daily stuff or content you like will be more fun than run around Arkham or Stryker's 100500 times.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Amenities never granted feats. It's always was nothing more than QoL improvement.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ohhh....they added drop styles and collection styles(which...can be collected by gameplay) to the Fate vendor? Neato, I didn't see them. I'll go on right now and pick up the Snake head I'm missing or maybe the Gadgeteer waist or whatever. Thank you for informing me of this drastic change to the vendor that previously only sold things from the MP or formerly from Promethium boxes.

Cause we were talking about Dr Fate vendor, and amenities in particular....not Vendor 22 or any of the other 'style' vendors, or drop styles in general. We also weren't talking about general 'ease' in the game...The game is easy as heck.
  16. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

So OMAC and other disguise trinkets from vault was on mp? Or maybe PvP gear styles was there? Interesting... I don't care how you understand that vendor or game or world. But thx for your opinion.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry....MP items...items formerly in Promethium Boxes AND items formerly in the Vault. 2 things that are no longer available, and 1 that has not been an option outside of spending money. Again, please explain how that is like styles that are drops or collected from collections...all of which are attainable in the game for free still. The Fate vendor was not to 'make things easier' it was to replace a few things that were gone (vault and Pboxes) and give a non money option on a few others like seals and some other MP items.

Now....could all amenities be added? Sure... Could catalysts packages be added? Sure...Could unlocked Time capsules be added? Sure...Could source marks be added? Sure, but it's not in keeping with the vendor's current design. My response was simply that if they were going to add things TO THAT VENDOR, there are other MP things that could be added that would make more sense as there is not another 'free' avenue in game to get them. And as one of the 'themes' of update 41 was it would take no money to fully use the game, an armory would make more sense...replays would make more sense...and (as I mentioned) so would the radar detectors that are NOT available free in game as of now, that would allow you to hunt the collections that yep....still are.

Way to cherry pick your argument though. "Eh...we still weren't talking about styles or drop items BUT you didn't mention the vault! Here's some more PVP styles we weren't talking about... Ha...gotcha!"
  18. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

1. Radar enhancers available for free. All that you need is lvl up alt to lvl 30 which takes 4-5 hours and you'll get 5 or so free radar enhancers. Kinda annoying way, but you can get free stuff.
    2. Why there Extreme Soder Cola? You can't obtain it in game too?
    3. ...
    Guess what? I'm tired of talking to stupid people, so welcome to ignore.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

1. Yeah....the 3 you get on your way leveling to 30 are great (the other ones are RnD scanners)...by the time you level a toon to 30 to get those radar enahncers you could have farmed the collections 5x over.
    2. Ok...yeah that is nuts...no reason for these to be in there....if they are...I thought it was just ultimates.
    3... You forgot Nth metal. There are Nth in there and they also drop, although not in 35K increments.

No problem, sinking to personal insults is a great way to show you are NOT stupid. I'll leave you un-ignored so I can see when you reply to me next. Have a good one.

BTW...I just checked, there are 119 items in the Dr Fate vendor. Out of those there are 10 items that can be picked up elsewhere in the game (and that's loose with the Nth as 1K Nths dont' drop, and the bots are mission rewards only for leveling toons and untradable). So less than 10% of that vendor...more like 5% really.
    • Like x 2
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

Collecting Collection pieces from TCs is the slowest grind way to get that stuff. You need to open at least 36, not go for the more accessible Feats available for Emblems, Emblem sets, individual Enhanced Emblems, Gear Styles and Enhanced Gear Styles, and you still have to hope for the 0.01% rarest pieces to drop eventually. Head Styles seem to be the rarest Style drops, and I still have maybe 3 each of Enhanced and Normal for each TC, but am still lacking any of the rarest Collection pieces. Some things aren't worth chasing if you can buy the Feat straight off the Quark Vendor.