Amazon Game Benefits for MMOs..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SigmaAtom, Jun 30, 2022.

1. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi

I'm retired, but log a couple of times a month to mess about with my chars.. I also log on to Twitch every so often to see my Amazon Games benefits.. like free games (comes with Amazon Prime) .. they don't just offer free games.. they have a benefits for pretty much every MMO.. except DCUO*.

I noticed this many years ago when it started.. didn't say anything in case it would start without my intervention.. but today I just thought I would throw out a question to the Devs about this.

Q: Were you aware of this scheme and now you know about it, is it worth firing them an email offering some benefits in exchange for cash?

peace

Dava

*Which for me seems a waste as DCUO is my *only* MMO.. and I wouldn't advise anyone splitting MMOs unless your real life bank balance is in the millions. It's the quickest way to drain your bank, having multiple MMOs.. think about the start up cost for each MMO..
    • Like x 1
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it doesnt work becaue of tech limitations currently. Console players need to be able to claim it via browser, wich is somethig dcuo doesnt have. It could be that it requires a daybreak/dim ink account in order to properly work, wich is also something console players dont have.

All in all there needs to be quite some work done to get it started. Then they need items to offer for it. Im not sure if they can simply put marketplace currency or items, or it has to be cosmetic stuff. There may be some restrictions from amazons side.

I would appreciate having that added but doubt the benefit is greater than the work put into.
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

From my understanding the game designers have to create something to be added to the monthly prize. The games I play that do offer it all have customs “skins” as a gift for it. For example. In Apex legends they offer various skins as prizes for the different sign ups like twitch and Amazon. And they make new skins each rotation. Same goes for warframe I believe.

I’m dcuo idk if the devs would do this since it’s not as cut and dry as those other games.

It’s be cool but just don’t see them doing it
    • Like x 4
  4. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Thanks for the reply guys..

Although I would note that.. free auras materials and chromas once a month would be cool enough a bonus for myself.. flip, even old ones I want on multiple chars or ones missed might be even better.. have the flashing tab up for the claim box, claim the box, open = get the stuff. I'm on PC so that might be easier than console.. saying that.. linking accounts has been around for a dinosaur age, I don't imagine it's that hard to link Amazon Games and Daybreak/DInk ..

Hopefully a Dev will answer..
  5. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I did this with Borderlands 3, that game has streamers baked in to the story itself, and really tried to sell the whole 'interactive playthrough experience' thing. The rewards were really underwhelming and after doing one stream I was done with it.

The system worked like this (2020):
    You sign into Prime, claim the Twitch Prime benefit, it will show you games that they support etc.
    You log in after to Borderlands, link your Twitch ID to your Gearbox ID etc.
    Then on your first stream you receive a in-game mail with the basic rewards offered.
    Streams themselves allow viewers to interact with you, if you had the extra benefits & accounts linked you were supposed to get more loot/enemies. You didn't get more loot, and the enemies spawned weren't great either.

If DCUO did consider this, please god make it less sucky than the BL3 system.
  6. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi OWL
    erm.. I'm pretty sure you don't have to stream to get the MMO benefits, you just need to have Amazon Prime, click on 'claim' if you need to link accounts it takes you to a second page then takes you to the desired website, sign and link, then come back and claim your reward.

I've done it for other rewards.

And imagine getting 1000 quarks a month plus a random material box..that would be pretty fair imho. I'd enjoy that.
    • Like x 1
  7. myandria Item Storage

True; you only need to have an account for the game (which is free to set up) so you can link it to Twitch to get the benefits. For example, I have Elder Scrolls Online for the PS4 but not for the PC. However I can still claim the benefits through Twitch because i linked my Elder Scrolls account (which I had to set up on my PC) to Twitch.
    • Like x 1
  8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Was refering to BL3, not any other game or MMO.
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Tbh... It just sounds like another paywall to lock extra items behind, in which this game doesn't need more of. No thanks. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have Amazon Prime and would absolutely love this... But millions of people don't and it's just not fair to have to pay a 2nd subscription to an external source to recieve extra free items in DCUO. There would be a nasty uproar in addition to the one we already have eheh.
    • Like x 2
  10. comrade sonya Committed Player

This is a great idea I imagine it would be something simple like 1 stabilizer or 20 source marks. (Other games I’ve played offer skins but that might be too much work lol)
    • Like x 1
  11. Mysticwarriormj Well-Known Player

They could get a code that they could put into the redeem portion of the market instead of something that they can claim right away by signing into their account via the website.
    • Like x 2
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Great idea and one I pitch every so often to Mepps and the team in PMs but the big reason, in my view, is licensing and others have said, tech limitations for console players and building the infrastructure to support it every month or 2 months. Thats just more work to put on such a small team as it is and trying to work a partnership with Amazon to boot. Im sure Mepps and the Team would love to do it as its beneficial and fun and as a fellow streamer, I would love to be doing Drops as everyone else would too but again, small team and right now they have to get their house in order before doing something like this. Also getting DC/WB involved because doing Amazon Prime Gaming isnt free and they'll want a slice of some random pie thats there.
    • Like x 2