Am I the only one who would like to see Supermen blue in DLC? And even the style?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Sollace Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Would be nice to have,

But....
    Getting any Superman content seems a talll order for some reason. :(
    • Like x 1
  3. Exatal New Player

He’d be really cool to have. There’s a few characters who I think would be great for a DLC depending on how long this game still ends up getting new episodes and content
  4. kallader Committed Player

I guess they basically can do it ..not really a thing you risk to see in recent game tv show or movie so they would have a chance if ask Leo Dorfman or Curt Swan not sure which one will have the right if not both
  5. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

That would be much appreciated and awesome dcuo has my full support and wallet if they can bring him in with a good story and cool styles and other good stuff.
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Maybe they could do a Crisis dlc where we have to deal with alternate versions of the heroes and villains...
    • Like x 1
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

..or just themed gear..
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

There was a wonderverse multiple wonder woman’s… they have had a bat verse sorta with origin crisis… I don’t see why they can’t do the same for Superman
    • Like x 3
  9. Saint Tyrant New Player

Now hold on just a minute friendo. We can't have Superman Blue without having Superman Red as well. Honestly, seeing the two just go nuts and having two different sides to go with would be hilarious to me.
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Not that I've ever read a comic book or anything, but they missed the boat with the Death of Superman arc. Aftet he dies... there's Superboy, Steel, Cyborg Superman, and some others that rise to replace him, no? I only know this because of the Super Nintendo game... and it was cool.
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I was really hoping to see the eradicator Superman and Connor but I think if mistaken dc was still fighting for the rights for super boy at that point I could be wrong I know that’s why Connor wasn’t initially in the game cause the shuster and Siegel families were suing for super boy
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The Death of Superman content we got in the game came, from what I can see in-game, after the comic version. The Superman statue in Centennial Park was put up in memory of Superman after his fight with Doomsday, and I think the Booster Gold kiosk right there even says so. And that was in place right at the start of the game.

So everything that happened in the Death of/Return of Superman stories probably already happened. That's why we see Hank Henshaw (Cyborg Superman), Steel and Superboy in Doomed Metro as part of the content.
    • Like x 2
  13. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I know there were people back when that story came out who enjoyed the new look and powers, but I hated it. I almost stopped buying Superman comics because of it. If it had gone on much longer, I would have stopped. I'm up to last March, in getting caught up on my comics, and I'm not happy that the Lazarus Planet story seems to lead to Jon Kent wearing that outfit. I hated it back in 1995, and it doesn't look any better 28 years later.

That said, I'm not going to whine and cry about it if the suit makes it into the game. I know there were a few people back in the day, who liked it, and I don't expect the devs to only include stuff I like (which is a good thing, because they only ever seem to want to add in Batman-related stuff anymore).
  14. Sollace Well-Known Player

In comics, I'm willing to believe that it can be a bit of a strange direction, especially for such a character to have such a change, but in content for a game like DCUO, I think it's more interesting and as DCUO also plays with styles, it'll probably be more easily accepted, because video games allow derivatives more easily.
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In comics... it was a bit of a disaster.

Heads rolled at DC after that.
    Pretty much the entire Superman office was fired over this.

I had a coworker who used to work at DC at the time who sadly no longer worked for DC after that.
    He was not part of the Superman crew.... but the Editor giving him work no longer worked at DC. :(
  16. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Well like I say, I didn't care for it, but I'd never try to say it shouldn't be in the game for those who do.

In fact, it would be nice to have some alternatives to all that bulky, spiky ugliness available in the Watchtower and Hall of Doom. You know, some styles that actually look like something you'd see in the comics, and might actually use.
    • Like x 1
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'll be honest, I wouldn't particularly care for any actual content with him in it, but, absolutely, yes, there should be a style based on his look. totally. a super-enhanced one with the bolts of energy flaring on it would be a beauty to behold. so, yeah. you're half not alone with me.
    • Like x 2
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I mentioned earlier, but people didn't take it as a cute observation but something that needed serious discussion...

If you look behind the House of Mystery in Cursed Gotham you'll see the Brainiac Bottles. So that means Cursed takes place before the Level 1-30 storyline. :D
    • Like x 1
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Which is worse than if it happened after. If it was after, then the botanical garden got converted into a cemetery. But before? That means they took out the headstones and put in some greenhouses and statues.
    • Like x 1