Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GI Jessie, Aug 5, 2015.

1. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

So all we got was a duo and a raid. That's all. Unless I don't know something is this the smallest dlc ever?
  2. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

You clearly have missed something :)
    • Like x 4
  3. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

So then where is the other content. All I can see is a duo and a raid.
  4. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

We're on the monthly "episode" release cycle now. The 1 duo & 1 raid is 1/3 of a what used to be a quarterly "DLC."
    • Like x 4
  5. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Im with you on this one. After 3 full months of waiting, all we get is just 1 duo, 1 raid, no new collections either. How amazing...cant wait until nba 2k16 comes out.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  7. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

Ok that explains it but that is stupid. I would rather just wait for it to come all together. I know people will probably be bored and say they prefer this as gives them something to do. If they made old content relevant wouldn't have had that problem. Oh well I'll continue to ***** and moan about it but evidently accept it and take it up the rear thanks to the devs knowing they can mess us about and we will continue to play.
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Less complaining, more grinding!
    • Like x 1
  9. Gwalir Loyal Player

It's because this is an "Episode" now, and not a DLC.

The game has changed from releasing a DLC with 6 pieces of content every 3 months, to releasing an Episode with 2 pieces instead every month.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Good grief. Where's a facepalm meme, when you need one?
    • Like x 4
  11. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  12. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

A lot of people think 2 pieces in 1 month is less than 6 pieces in 3 months. So I'm going with Counting T-Rex.:D

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

I really do feel bad for all those that don't keep up with social media. It's the only way anyone will ever know what the hell is going on from one week to the next.
    • Like x 2
  14. Owl Devoted Player

Releasing 2 pieces of content each month is better than most 3 or 4 month DLC windows in the past.

Fight for the Light was released in Sept 2011. Lightning Strikes in Dec 2011. The Battle for Earth in Mar 2012
    Fight for the Light only had 3 Alerts and 1 Duo. So only 4 pieces within a 3 month window.
    Lightning Strikes had daily solo missions, bounties and 1 Duo. Very little content for a 3 month window.

The Last Laugh was released in Jun 2012. The Hand of Fate in Sep 2012. Home Turf in Jan 2013. Origin Crisis in May 2013.
    The Last Laugh had 1 Duo per faction and PVP maps. Only 1 new PVE instance for a 3 month window.
    The Hand of Fate had 3 Operations per faction. Only 3 pieces of content for a 4 month window.
    Home Turf contained daily solo missions and bounties. Very little content for a 4 month window.

The new method will produce 6 pieces of content within a 3 month window. That is more content than most 3-4 month windows in the past.
    • Like x 4
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The new plan is outlined in detail here on the forums and on the DCUO website. Either way, nothing prevents you from returning every 3 months as you used to and playing all the content you've missed, if that's your thing.
    • Like x 5
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

After reading this what ppl,need to keep in mind the game was still fairly new back then and there was no style vendor... A lot of people were rerunning old content to complete styles plus a lot of the styles back then were role locked so you could spend 3 months in a controller role collecting all styles while a,so working on the marks for each tier to complete the vendor styles... Kryptonian t3 styles being the only vendor that a style was locked in role... So lots of reasons to replay older content at that time

One of the reasons why having marks for different tiers was better in the grand scheme of things it forced you to run that content to complete those styles keeping ppl playing ...

Style vendir was great but bad all at the same time
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You do realize that the bombshell raid goes along with the bombshell comic released late last month, right. You do realize that this will allow DCUO the flexability to make content based on comics, movies and possibly TV coming out. It gives them a lot more flexability in what they can deliver to us. Confining them to once a quarter will limit content, I do like the new format. I just wish that they would remove replay badges from the game. It needs to go, seriously.
    • Like x 1
  18. tukuan Devoted Player

And that's going with the understanding that all DLCs had 6 pieces of content which of course was not the case. Most were 4-5 and a few as low as 3.
  19. RTHERMITE Well-Known Player

replays are good for buying feats on alts and that is pretty much it.