Am I Being Petty

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix, Sep 21, 2016.

1. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

So I'm doing the t8 duo Wayne Manor Gala and I my partner decides that he's done playing with me and just stops. and stands by catwoman at the last part of the duo. So instead of leaving the duo and putting this wonderful individual on my growing ignore list, I decided you know what, I'll put a tissue on my analog stick to keep my character logged in since he was pretty much trying to get me to leave. So far its been 114 mins since this guy went on strike with me. Am I being petty for even doing this:D
    • Like x 1
  2. Ashrode Well-Known Player

Did they explain themself or just refuse to do anything?

If it's the latter then you're fine.
  3. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

well here's how it it went.
    Hey types anda cagao
    I type hm?
    he runs out the boss room and stands by catwoman and types you quit, huh???. And does absolutely nothing for a good 6 minutes until I told him to please leave so I could get someone better than him. Then he tells me he's putting me on ignore. and just stood there with me for 2 hours and 6 mins lol.
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

So, he stood there for over 2 hours. Did you complete the duo?
  5. Kajuru Well-Known Player

BR being BR lol.
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wow! According to Google Translate, he called you "Walking chickenshit"!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yup, you're being petty.
    • Like x 1
  8. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

So you were dealing with a brazilian player (I'm brazilian myself, but I'm not an *** like this guy).

"anda cagão" = "go on, *****", in the sense of calling you a coward.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

how can you stand in the same spo for two hours and not get timed out?

i don't know if petty is the right word. pretty sure we've all been in the same spot. when we had all those missions that we've completed hundreds of times put back in our journals i had a squatter in the grodd duo. just stood there so i dragged a bunch of gorillas back to the start. the big ones couldn't fit through the door frame but they could still make distance attacks. the visual was hysterical...but this also only took a minute out of my time.

i'd say your time is more valuable. if it looks like the run is going to amount to nothing but wasted time i'd rather leave and re queue.
    • Like x 1
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

By moving the camera continuously, like OP did.
  12. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
  13. CHUD Loyal Player

Not really. The fact that the person was just "there" doing nothing at all shows that they were being either petty,.....or just inconsiderate. Personally, I would have exited the duo and restarted it if I had to wait that long. I have no idea why players either rush through content, or just stand there expecting the other person to do something.....I just don't get it. In any case, sticking around for that long was probably the worst idea ever. You were giving in to his will and playing on his terms. The duo,....much like a raid or an alert,....is a group effort where everybody (and I mean EVERYBODY) helps out to complete the objectives at hand. It's not a race against the clock, nor is it about "Hey, let's skip mobs because they slow us down and we get crap loot" or even "Let's kick the player for whatever stupid reason and try to justify things with our own point of view that has no validity whatsoever". It's all about the group and everybody (and again....I mean EVERYBODY) benefits. I think that's the reason why I'm less inclined to play for any reason unless it's something like the seasonal events. And yes I am planning on spending almost every replay I have available just to get the Teekl base item.
  14. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

I love when a show off zips in n locks me out , than dies ,
    Like Dr psycho solo , I was lvling a new toon,dude asked me to his group , OK nadda better to do , we get to the end, he rushed in , door locked, I proceeded to check inventory, before I know it door opens ,.... dude got butt kicked by WW,sg,pg, illusions, I was lmao , as a mental I know how to take them out before they attack , I finished , got safe n freed sg , grabbed the last 2 chem barrels, got the green reward, on the way out I said u are weak to get ur butt kicked by illusions, lol
  15. CHUD Loyal Player

Oh I love people like those you are describing. What makes it funnier is that they stop and blame their death on the other person as they keep rushing in and locking the other person out. Gotta love those sort of people.
  16. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Yup after 2 hours I guess he forgot to touch his keyboard...... (or you know fell asleep like me to pass the time) and got logged out. Once that happened I got my friend in and beat the last part in less than two minutes. Even got a 152 drop from there
    • Like x 1
  17. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  18. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

I'm sure your a dope person
    As for what he said....... lol I guess, could report with the screenshot I took but ehhh, I'm not all that mad to even report him
    • Like x 1
  19. Mermaid Dedicated Player

It's okay to be petty sometimes
    • Like x 1
  20. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

If only I could come into your duo and /popcorn.

Call me back at shutdown and tell me who won the staring contest.