Alts being able to purchase feats from mains is coming.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FESTER665, Oct 10, 2013.

1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

For your ALTS of course.

Jens just posted this in the Halloween thread....

Seems like we'll now have a way to get our alts brought up to speed with our mains....
    • Like x 46
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Aye, I never thought I'd live to see the day ... Account-Bound Feats.

Edit: I wonder if I have a big enough umbrella for the coming storm ...

Probably not.
    • Like x 12
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Makes two of us, I'm guessing you'll need to spend a small fortune in replay badges for each feat, but people will now have the option.... I'm guessing each feat that's completed in a raid will cost the raid replay amount, alerts cost the alert amount, etc....

Not sure on the 250, 500 count feats though. LOL
    • Like x 2
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

My First thought: 'So much for that Respec Token I was going to purchase to get the 65,000 Healing Feat. I'll just do it on one of my Healers now.'

Silver Linings :D
    • Like x 8
  5. danielqpk New Player

The complaints on this are going to be massive...
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

That's a loaded topic title. Not exactly what the topic says either.

You aren't going to be able to buy a feat directly. You HAVE to have gotten the feat already. Yes, someone that has the Epic Odyssey feat can probably purchase it on an alt that is at least cr 86, but you have to have an alt with the feat already.

I hope the grind ones you can purchase. Personally, they should be the only ones purchasable, but I will not complain.
    • Like x 11
  7. Little Sister New Player

I like this idea.
    • Like x 8
  8. Poo New Player

Ooooo... this is gonna get good! Anyone wanna come over and watch it on a big screen?!

:p
    • Like x 1
  9. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Sorry, I'm unable to change the topic title, even though I don't feel it's "loaded" at all...... I would've added to it if I were able to but it doesn't appear I am....
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

good grab +1 yea there will be a serious backlash for this both good and bad
    • Like x 3
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

For sure. The next week on here might get a little crazy......

All I know is bring on the 50% off sale, I have a few alts I'd like to try out. HAHAHA
    • Like x 5
  12. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Might be able to get my epic Earth tank loaded for bear now.
    • Like x 2
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

lol same here
  14. BumblingB I got better.

There is a difference between: Purchasable feats are coming..... AND Soon alts will be able to purchase feats from mains. One sounds like you don't have to grind or do anything at all, just shell the money, while the other says they are trying to help alts and you have to payto support the alts.
    • Like x 2
  15. Motive New Player

I have no idea how I feel about this. Good I guess? :3

I mean, one of the reasons I stick to one character is that I can't see myself farming every feat again.

In our league lots of people play more than one role and it will be convenient for them to get some of the feats on both characters rather than just one.

One thing I'm wondering is can I now make an alt for healer and tank style feats and then unlock them on my controller? If so then I'm going to wait before respecing to another power just to get them.
  16. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Even for alts, I have one of each power myself I completely disagree with this.A straight pay-to-unlock is pay-to-win in anyones language.

I wish they'd just looked at the feats and said straightforward feats, like do X, get feat, for example medics in FoS 3 is toon specific

Where they could easily have done shared feats is on things like collecting exobits BUT you can't have the feats unless you contribute towards it first, say 1000 exobits on a toon contributes to and unlocks for that toon the feats so far, with that kind of account bound feat you can also raise the ceiling, 25K across all toons, quite reasonable so add a 35K and 50K perhaps.

The saddest thing about this to me is that it just screams that eventually everything will come down to replay badges whether we want it to or not.
  17. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I get that, and like I said I am unable to change the topic..... I just reported it to see if a mod of someone can change it for me so it won't be so "misleading" for ya. ;)
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you know if they are going to do it they had to find someway to pay for the programing time it will take plus how to make it profitable if not they would have never done it
    • Like x 1
  19. BadJade New Player

Boooo, might as well make faction change tokens now.

I can see account bound feats helping the villain pop, much like replay badges. So I don't mind too much. But still, booooo

Also devalues the time I spent on my alts. Thanks.....
    • Like x 3
  20. X-zero Loyal Player

While I don't actually like this I probably will use some of my free replays on this. Most likely Medic and No Tag Out possibly Scorpions don't lay eggs(I miss an useful transmute),

Just because Medic is glitchy and No Tag out switch time seem to vary a little.