Test Discussion Ally: Superman

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Cardboard, Jun 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

Is the cool down on the group breakthrough passive working as described yet? (30 seconds) Or does it still proc off cooldown?

Also, what's the status on tanks rotating it? I see that it was changed to tank only but are tanks rotating it off cooldown together intended?

I don't have access to test and would love to get an update on how this rolled out and is currently performing on the technical side before investing the resources to level.

Thanks for your time.
  2. BizarroDerp New Player

You're one step closer to Bizarro. :)
  3. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Just level Oracle bot and house of legends bot. Oracle will save you money on repairing gear and house of legends bot has both really great support and attack abilities. For the third, Batman who laughs if you are dps. If you are gadgets or mental get Death Metal Batman as it's roll buff is probably still broken and procs off stealth without the long cooldown. Superman has a great AOE attack and in my opinion that's it.

Mitigation shields are nearly pointless and you can skip the channeled abilities, use the hand mod if it's necessary or level solar amp all the way up if you haven't already. I don't think it's even necessary to level this ally past level 6, the damage ability will still be decent, and if you must see the little "S" symbol pop upon using a breakout, so be it. It is purely aesthetic. Third passive is so redundant. It's only benefit may be to use it to get the extra toughness while using channeling abilities in pvp open world and duels.
  4. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Frost blast is still vulnerable to interrupt with Superman ally "Kryptonian channeling" passive equipped. To contrast, glacier flash (finisher) is correctly no longer vulnerable.
    Short video demo:
  5. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Frost Blast is not a channeled ability. Frost Blast is a cast time ability. That's why it doesn't work with the new ally or the original hand mod. It's not supposed to.
    • Like x 1
  6. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

... ... ... That your best?
  7. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Last edited by Mepps... Are we really posing as a player?
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m confused, are you saying that’s Mepps posing as a player? It just means he edited that persons post
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

Really...? Just FYI usually when Mepps approves a comment on the forums it says "Last edited by Mepps."...
    • Like x 1
  10. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I am confused too!! I looked through several posts, I hope it isn't, because one of Zetsu's postings was a bit inflammatory, lol.
  11. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Thank you for clarification. It does not say that on any of my first few posts so it seemed odd. I guess there is a vetting process for first time posts from new people to the forums?
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Anyway, “testing” results on live. Got him for my ice tank, leveled to 7 now. Even with ice, it’s tough to have a slot for shatter restraints in an AoE setup. You want HL/ reflection/ Winters ward/ group pull/ resonanting gale/ and a super if you’re doing EoG as a 3rd or weapon buff for clarion. So I’ve been using him for st boss fight loadout in place of resonating. I’m liking it, makes shatter more useful for sure. I may end up going back to circes mask for add loadout so I can have that EoG/ weapon buff spot back. I liked circes on adds, didn’t love it but could make it work.

Have him as damage dealer on my aoe loadout and he’s great there. And have his empowered channel for my st since I use max damage hands and heat vision without solar for pure st and cuz he’s an alt that is really only meant to tank. I know some weren’t happy with this passive but it does have its place for some of us. Going to be a bit till I have him at rank 10 but for now, I’m happy and it only cost me $10 real money so no complaints on my end. It’s definitely a great ice tank ally. I don’t think I could have worked it into my rage tank setup and I’ve never used any other tank power so no comments there.
  13. Eve YouTuber

Yep, usually when new account register to the forums it has to be approved first. It keeps the forums from being spammed or toxic messages. So when Mepps approves these, it will show as if he edits them :) Depends for how long you had your account, it goes into effect for completely new account registering to the forums
    • Like x 1
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah but he can edit any of our posts whenever. If someone’s being a bit too spicy, he’ll change the wording. If someone’s being a straight up Groucho, he just changes it to whatever and probably sends a warning. That’s the job
    • Like x 2
  15. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Jokes on me :) Doesn't change the fact I think the ally was half-baked but I do hope that someone can enjoy it for what it is. Last thing I am looking for is an argument when we are here to provide feedback, constructive criticism, at the very least, a personal opinion. Have a good day, I'll see myself out! ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Criticism isn’t necessarily a bad thing. When something comes out to test, we test if we can. There’s nothing wrong with giving positive or negative feedback as long as it’s kept “professional”. Plenty of us voice our opinions in test threads and maybe it gives the devs ideas for another ally down the road. I get that people don’t like the empowered channel mod being a perk but I made it work on one toon and I could easily use it on my mains st since he doesn’t run hv/ sa or the hand mod but uses the finisher. The tank part is great for ice and I’m sure useable somehow on other powers and his AoE is crazy so for damage alone, he’s good. Especially if players are dropping him into an orange circle.
    • Like x 2
  17. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Did you see OC's video about nerfing EoG? Comes to mind as you mentioned an orange circle. ;)
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yep. Probably needs another post vs talking about it in here haha
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.