Test Discussion Ally: Superman

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Cardboard, Jun 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardboard Developer

What's up players!

A new ally has arrived!

Superman

Call in the hero of Metropolis, Superman.

Freezing Breath
    [Combat Ability]
    Breathes a cone of frost breath, damaging and giving Frostbite to all targets.
    At Max Affinity Level:
    • (10) +448% damage
    Inspiring Breakout
    [Passive Ability]
    Upon using a group breakout ability, gives you and all allies a damage reduction shield that lasts for 6 hits or 30 seconds, whichever is reached first.
    At Max Affinity Level:
    • (10) 35% damage reduction, 30 sec cooldown
    Kryptonian Channeling
    [Passive Ability]
    While channeling, gain the following bonuses:
    • Channeled abilities are no longer vulnerable to interrupt
    • Increased resistance to control effects
    • Increased Defense and Toughness
    Does not stack with Empowered Channeling.
    At Max Affinity Level:
    • (10) +10% Defense and Toughness, 25% control resistance
    Let us know any feedback you have!
    • Like x 1
  2. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

When you say channeled abilities are no longer vulnerable to interrupt would that include abilities like frostblast? Abilities like that while they are channeled are not currently covered under the empowered channeling mod. Clarification would be appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  3. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Part of me tells me put the logic aside and keep him P2W for "reasons". :)

I cant really tell what should be intended damage numbers when we compared him to other legendary allies because well... he is Superman.
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The passive Inspiring Breakout sounds wayyy too powerful without even logging in on test server.

Making this just a general shield for the caster with the same effect is still op, but at least it doesnt dumb down the gameplay of non-tank roles even more...

At some point anyone except the tanks will be invincible.. doesnt sound right in my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  5. Yaiba Committed Player

In a situation where you need multiple tanks (like elite plus :D) , you can see this passive is clearly broken since tanks can rotate this one to keep the shield up all the time...
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dont forget that dps' can use it too. :)

Cant wait for the P2W 6 Tank power set-up meta in Swe+. Paired with Queen dianas passive, its not even a dmg loss running immunity as dps. Truly marvellous. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

How about a "faster than a speeding bullet" passive that upon using a group breakout, it pauses the pick up timer on a downed ally. For the duration of the cast, it places a shield instantly upon anyone performing a pick up and the shield transfers to the downed teammate once revived. At max level, the pick up action can be reduced by half to increase the speed of pick ups. That sounds way more creative and "inspiring" to me.

I am not a tester, but I will provide feedback. Superman should be treated with a bit more respect, not to be given such generic abilities and basically just give him a 200 artifact ability...

With all due respect, it's back to the drawing board for a rework.
    • Like x 1
  8. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

The people complaining about inspiring breakout can also be seen complaining about the lack of face tanking and NPCs hitting them too hard. How ironic.
    • Like x 7
  9. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I don’t care about the breakout, I just care about the other passive.
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

He should do twice as much damage as Wonder Woman.
    1000 time as much damage as Batman.
    50 000 000 times as much damage as Ambush Bug. ;)

As you say.... he is Superman. ;)

Just a minor nitpick.
    I somehow expected him to use his heat vision??
    Was a bit surprised to see him use his freeze breath.

Maybe they are saving his heat vision attack for a more aggressive version of Superman like the EEViLLL Ultraman?? or the EEViLLL Superboy Prime??

Also the Channeling ability does make the Ability from the Solar Amplifier redundant??
  11. Mr.W Committed Player

In my opinion inspiring breakout is cool, but if it keeps the (6 hit limit) I can't find a use for it personally. Its a worst version of both earth's gemstone shield (2 taps) & even worse version of fire's immolation. In my opinion the attack limit (6 hit counter) should be removed entirely & bring the shield duration somewhere between 10-20sec with the same damage cap.

I have to say I like everything else though especially the control resistance for channeled abilities.
    • Like x 2
  12. August Moon Well-Known Player

I think the superman shield passive is fine. Definitely will make fire stronger but will also prompts the use of shatter restraints from glorified dampening field to real shield

For anyone speculating that this is too op for the game...its not, it really isnt. There's nothing this artifact brings to the table that other powers already don't do. Six hits literally can come and go like seasons especially in elite content and if tanks wanna share an 8 man shield 3-4 atomic tanks do it better an at a more constant rate. Not to mention 2 water healers literally do the same without the hit limit.
    You let clarion on by without any kerfuffle and that can be used on any role and it heals .....and yall gave death metal batman a vip pass and he does the same thing on a personal scale and gives a de-taunt " tank lost aggro ,everybody roll".

Will this ally be impactful kind of but its certainly no where near op or game breaking as every other comment speculates
    • Like x 7
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Exactly, the shield passive is fine, especially with group breakouts having fairly long cooldowns, plus, the shields are weak
    • Like x 4
  14. SpideyTest New Player

Nah people complaining definitely have not been in elite+ or survival mode. In fact this ally is the perfect fit for Tswe+ since all physical attacks are so bloated in this raid. Proma's y taps absolutely destroy the strongest shields if not dodged and then lunged after. Even when you do lunge you take dmg. For raids like crits or elite+ where even a tiny amount of dmg can ko you, this ally becomes ideal with its passive. And on another hand this gives fire a buff which it needs since fire has been at bottom since tsde crit.
  15. SpideyTest New Player

How does the passive make tanks invincible? Its like an immolation shield for fire. Its damage reduction not negation. you will still take hits and die especially in e+ when you get hit with a 600k hammer throw from proma or a 800k mortar shot from kerback. This passive wont make you op it just gives tanks more breathing room which we need since content has been so stressful on tanks lately.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The 30 second cooldown part doesn't appear to be working:

I was able to reapply Inspiring Breakout at the 22 second mark.

With the way this ability is setup, you can have group members cycling it. Here is a demonstration with a second Ice DPS:

The second Ice DPS sets up Inspiring Breakout at the very start. After it wears off, I cast Shattered Restraints to reapply it at 12 seconds.

How should the cooldown work in a group setting?
  17. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

The passive should work like I stated ... Give it some utility besides a cookie cutter 'meh' flavored ally. It's SUPERMAN for crying out loud!!

The combat attack should be a ground slam where adds are sucked in, frostbitten, then laser beamed. Heck, make him solar flare! If the last passive is for some kinda channeling, make it buff differently than the hand mod or the artifact. Give it some, eh hem, gusto?? Give it synergy with solar amp or synergy with the hand mod, do not just copy paste it. Very lackluster approach to a comic icon.
  18. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

When most people think Superman... it's not the stength. It's not the lasers or the freeze breath. It's the invulnerability. The shield thing is cool and different but it's not really in his arsenal to make everyone else feel less pain.

If it were me, I'd make his combat ability a few seconds of immortality from a major attack. The shield passive as a personal one, and perhaps a constant heal over time as though you were regenerating from the sun. Or an immortal pick up where you can't be damaged during the cog spin.

Heat vision that can't be interrupted is not very interesting or new. If you're going to be that boring... you might as well just make one of the passives a raw 10% damage boost. I'm sure you'll make money at least. >.>
    • Like x 2
  19. sebfm Well-Known Player

I like the idea behind this ally so far. It'll be a nice addition for long term players and for newcomers :)
  20. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Already put work into solar, passive isnt worth dumping a ludicrous amount of resources into a legendary ally. Unless u plan to make him better than cyborg at damage...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.