Ally Rarities

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by 9001BPM, Aug 9, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Let’s imagine a scenario:

Player A thinks robots are cool. So he loads up with Oracle, Calculator and the House Of Legends bot.

Player B thinks that Flashpoint was the best crossover event of all time so he slots Queen Diana, Emperor Aquaman and Flashpoint Batman.

How much of a disparity in performance can we expect between Player A and Player B? Are we expected to stock up on Legendary rarity allies whenever possible, or is it more complicated than that?
  2. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Player C, reads all allies abilities and picks the most suited for their play style.
    • Like x 3
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The players that think this way usually dont care about the performance tbf. I get your point tho, and this system will result in "Play this ally or get left behind".
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

At the moment it is difficult to say something concrete, half of the passive skills do not work, the other half is either op or useless ... for example, the Flash and Zoom have absolutely useless passive skills, despite the fact that they are of the second tier.
    • Like x 1
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Performance is indeed only a secondary concern for me. But I’m in a place where I can envision having a couple of different candidates in a given slot, and so I ask if performance should be a factor in my decision at all. I’m eyeing Aquaman and Legends bot for my combat ally, who are at opposite ends of the scale. But is the scale actually important?
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Fashion > stats

player C a sweaty tryhard jk :p
    • Like x 3
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s a pity, because other than legendary allies having a second passive, we haven’t had anything concrete from the developers, either. I can see some use for Zoom and Flash, albeit very niche.
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its impossible to tell atm wich will be best since dmg numbers and passive effects are all over the place and are not performing as intended for 90% of all allies. Since Allies wont impact your combat in a drastic way like artifacts do, i'd say youll be okay running 3 rares. Maybe not these 3 rares but later on.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Fashion wise, only the combat ally matters anyway. The support allies aren't gonna be popping in the battlefield, it does leave more freedom of choice for those 2 slots if you care.
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

For me, if all stays close to what they are on test, my main will be using cyborg and only calling him in boss fights, aquaman for the pet passive once it starts working (the cost is a bit extreme so it better be a strong buff or never mind) and probably zoom or flash for the passive walking faster type of thing. Sorcery pet build toon.

I'm too lazy to go thru all this with my alts so not even sure I'll be using them. So in their cases, whatever is free and easy is fine with me
  11. Faelwolf Active Player

From the looks of the livestream, the allies are going to do less for you than a pet in combat. I'm taking a harder look at the passive abilities, but so far haven't seen anything game changing. Of course, that won't stop the min/max crowd from declaring a new meta and start kicking people from groups who don't conform to their demands.