Test Discussion Ally: Black Adam

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Cardboard, Sep 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTX Well-Known Player

The Issue is that we all forgot about the "Hit-Supercharge-Recovery" which triggers when using any hit Ability or Weapon.
    I´ve also checked again and the "Base" Supercharge generation from the Supercharge Generator Abilitys give 150 points, the other 45 points you got from the hit recovery which varies alot between each powerset (for whatever reason goes from 30-56, used supercharge generator abilitys for each powerset, so its not cause of a power cost difference which would explain it.) therefore 150/4=37,5 so it does work correctly for all powersets except Water and Earth.

My toughts:
    Powersets should recover same amount supercharge on hit, atleast in my opinion aswell as increasing those 25% of 150. It´s not that people would combine Soul Cloak, Black Adam, Quislet, Tactical Mods and magically make more damage compared to using Tranformation or Strategist Card Artefacts...simply because you would lose massive instant damage output, which you wouldn´t get over time by focusing the build on supercharges, specificly not if they stay this unbalanced in (DPS for Points). Therefore people will use Quislet as 3th Artefact and Swap either Card with Soal Cloak before using a Supercharge, in other words...those are passive boosts and an increase to 50% of 150 wouldn´t go to make Black Adam "OP" just a little more "visibly" useful, if we compare it with other Ally passive effects (Including other roles). I mean its already pretty useless if it requires the use of Supercharge Generator Ability, results in the loss of 1 other important Ability depending on Loadout...Therefore a balance between those powerset supercharge generator abilitys would be needed anyway, also in terms of damage per second, otherwise it will become just another little precision damage dealer booster.
    • Like x 3
  2. Liightmare dc Active Player

Side note as a result of this new ally. Currently there are sc generators that are useless for power. Ex. Electric for example static push is useless for healing role and is a dps loss for dmg role. So as an electric player I would not invest in this artifact at all. Is there a chance to change the sc generator to something more useful like arc lightning which works for both roles. I only bring up electric bc that is what my toon is if there are other power sets in similar situations please bring those up also.
  3. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

If tank pulls all enemies to him and we kill ads/enemies, the group will never be able to go pickup the orbs by the tank.. The orbs must disperse away from the trash mobs/enemies to make this passive ability usable..
    • Like x 2
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That's why I suggested that perhaps the orbs should "shower" around the player that applied the SoA, so others can then grab them from near that player. Also (changed from my original idea), perhaps each player sees their own set of orbs, so no one can steal them. Kind of like how each player already sees their own loot/power orbs already after an enemy is defeated.
    • Like x 1
  5. GermanML New Player

Orb´s should fly to the character who have that Black Adam passive.
  6. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Best thing to do would be to make the orbs behave like the blue power orbs we get when killing adds in open world content/solos/duos. When I kill an add I don't have to run to where it dropped to collect it, it just comes to me automatically. Im no tech expert so I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but in its present state this ally would be useless. There would be no way you'd be able to get the orb before a tank, AND even if the tank doesn't get it, you still run the chance of another dps running to steal your orb.
    • Like x 1
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

There could be a middle ground and bring back holding l2 and r2 to suck in the orbs like when the game launched , if they are hell bent on us manually retrieving the buff.
    • Like x 2
  8. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Yeah, I would be fine with this as well.
  9. GermanM Committed Player

I could live with that.
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

As a buff troll, I'd be more worried about it's availability to others, or else I may as well just not invest in it and just stick with Nubia ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  11. GermanML New Player

I see, guess you´re right, but the thing is, at the current state of the ally i dont see DPS running to a boss (because tank´s usually pull add´s to bosses) to grab and orb, then returning to a safe position and start DPS again.

If they dont change the ally to the way you ask... what you could do as a troller is help the tank, tank´s sometimes struggles a lot, specially in elite, so a buff from time to time would be a great help to them. Do you see that viable?
    • Like x 2
  12. Cardboard Developer

Hey players!

Just saying thanks for all the feedback. I've got some fixes and minor changes on their way to the test server.
    • Like x 5
  13. Your Save Your New Player

Hopefully the removal of only working with SC generator moves. Literally every single SC generator is the worse and least used skill of every power due to riduclous bad damage and variables like being melee moves that launch to the target such as rages SC generator
    • Like x 2
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I agree i think every power should have at least 2 SC generators..
  15. Ergotth Committed Player

This increase in Supercharger generator is gonna be BONKERS with EoG healer builds.... oh gee oh joy, another demand from picky DPSs on my Healer mains -.-

"What do you mean you don't have lv200 EoG, Scrap of Soul Cloak, Supercharge Generating skill AND a fully-evolved Black Adam Support Ally? What do you think a healer is for? KICK!"
  16. Mr.W Committed Player

Is it possible for the sc gain to be passive instead of solely from our sc generators? From my experience on test & live the neg in damage from sc generators actual makes the sc pointless as you're only getting back to the damage you loss before using an sc generator. & this was tested with both a 200 scrap & Quislet. I think the concept is awesome but a tweak or two will make it translate better in actual gameplay.

A few alternative options is to make black Adam also increase the overall damage of sc generators when equipped in addition to the increased generation.

Instead of his ability giving us an increase of sc per power activation just make it a continuous stream of x% of our total sc value even if we aren't hitting powers. Even if an internal cooldown was put in i feel it would perform better.
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

I've personally never had anyone care if I didn't use eog, whether league runs, lfg, blind queues, or invites to other ppls groups. From my experience most ppl only care if you can keep a group alive.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ergotth Committed Player

Got a bit of trauma from Survival Mode, I guess xD I rarely run elite content aside from duos, but I see LFG is always demandiong EoG healers for Raids and such. This often gets on my nerves because I can say for sure I AM a good healer, keep the team alive and learn the mechanic quick and easy, so I don't need to be an SC battery so DPSs can dish big numbers willy-nilly.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

Take a breath when that flashes on there friend. Remember LFG is for ppl to tailor groups specifically for how (they) want to run an instance (which is fine) but that doesnt reflect every raid group. & dont forget you can make an LFG group how you want to as well :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Liightmare dc Active Player

So are there any updates coming before this goes live?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.