Allies...what do you like or dislike about them?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Major Shenanigans, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

As the title says.
    Allies...
    What do you like or dislike about them?
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I like that they come in for 1 second and leave. Every time I call one in, I think they're thinking "ghuh this guy again. Let me throw this brick at his enemy so I can go back to what I was doing" and feel bad that i bothered them. Immersion is different for me i guess. Probably why i mainly use tom bots and dress like a normal person would that just got some random powers from a bug vs a disco ball with a crying seagull.

I think they have potential tho and can make for some good additions to certain build types. Like using a health buff passive on a buff troll build or a power regen passive to be able to spam as a healer or whatever.
    • Like x 6
  3. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Allies could stay a bit more and do a lil more. Right now they are trinkets 2.0 where you pop it, do animation cancelling (the animation to call an ally is ***** long) and proceeds to dps.
    • Like x 5
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I like that the ally xp is account bound.

I don't like that the calling animation is so long. It can be cancelled, but not all powers have the luxury of being able to do so.

And I hate that Source Shard does not synergize with them. It's a missed opportunity.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Pop up your trinket when you call your ally, trinket animation is faster and it cancel the long animation from allies.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ally Exp is account bound?!

Edit: It sure is! I cannot thank you enough for bringing this to my attention!
    • Like x 3
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I have No idea.It never stick around long enough for me to have a proper conversation with it ;):oops:
    • Like x 2
  8. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

LOL
    I know, they're just rude.
    • Like x 1
  9. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

The animation to call them in is longer than the time they attack for.
    • Like x 6
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

activating animation, being locked into it... indeed.... is long. can it be canceled yet still activated by another button on the endless utility belt systems of not touching powers and their abilities in years? Done, move on, never look to fix or advance it with an endless gear mechanic system. Nope no issue there. /sarcasm. long ago I posted it again and again over years with faint interest in the outcome. ;)

oh wait, this one. I've got so many bookmarked.
    • Like x 1
  11. El El Committed Player

I like the idea but they only last for like 3 sec,my farts are lasting longer than my ally
    • Like x 1
  12. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Need more live, before I can give a feedback on them.
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I dislike them because they cannot cancel stat clamping of my character and having to repeat content i did repetitively years ago to earn (relevant currency having been canceled years ago, that are the equivalent to todays source marks) where the recent 3 dlcs do not offer source marks. Oh! You thought I'd not done that old content in a long while SHIRLEY I'd want to do it again for source marks. Those you offered Advance Character Level to, can't do new or old content?????? The new On Duty is Bundling in newly defined Tiers??????? [IMG]

I'd be supportive, but.... the power creep video links over the years worked????

I guess i'll agree with the decision, just maybe not the implementation. First off, Ya should never had been in there. Secondly, .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................mmmmm.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................the power creep videos that didn't utilize Dick Cheney as the subject. How many board members on media outlet board are spouses of spouses that get payed by contracts? Nevermind the advertisement revenue also has veto powers against stories shown, or at all or in a favorable way.

meanwhile.... wtf? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pany-at-the-center-of-the-epipen-controversy/
    https://www.democracynow.org/2021/7/28/joe_manchin_west_virginia_heather_bresch

The next months if not year is highlighting old content scaled up or down in timed availabilities. Mentor themed, trilogyness again for old content. This has become a pacman game I find less fun. Glad to have come back to see the new instances I had not seen, since i lef in late 2016. Not sticking around for the revamp tour with new systems and clamping. I'll periodically get some logins b4 the sub ends.
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I didn't think I would like them as much as I have and I actually do but I hope they really have some great ones and variety coming like some of our mentors and villains for example etc.
  15. fm0987 Committed Player

They feel completely unnecessary combat wise, I have unlocked the support function yet
    • Like x 2
  16. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I think they could have just updated and let us modify our sidekicks.
    • Like x 4
  17. Karen Beecher New Player

I dislike the Ally choices. None of which appeal to me.

This is an opportunity to dig deep into the DCU vault and bring in some obscure/rarely used characters.

Elongated Man/Plastic Man
    Kamandi
    Sgt. Rock
    O.M.A.C.
    Mal Duncan
    The Atom

I could go on and on but you get the idea.

Or Allies that just fit with who you're plaing.

If I'm playing my Superman toon how about a Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen ally
    Batman ? Robin
    Capt Marvel ? Mary Marvel or Capt. Marvel Jr.

And so on
    • Like x 4
  18. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I like that too
  19. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Nooooo,
    Make that list. I think that would be awesome.
    • Like x 1
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Havent got one yet.
    • Like x 1