Test Discussion Allies UI Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Red Five Developer

Greetings Allies,

This is the official thread for feedback and bugs for the new updates to the Allies UI. We have made several changes to streamline the process of leveling up your Allies, and we have updated all of their ability descriptions. Thank you for helping us test this feature!

Known Issues
    • Death Metal Batman's Black Lantern passive ability reads "allies" instead of "group members" for ranks 1-8
    • Nubia's To Me! combat ability reads "allies" instead of "group members" for ranks 1-5
    • Like x 2
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Well..

It's...interesting.

Since the new system auto feeds your allies, you cannot choose which stack(s) to use; the UI chooses it for you. So, it will use the lowest stacks first and then the highest unless you decide to move a stack to your bank/shared bank.

I also notice that when it uses the alliances it gives you the total amount of all stacks of that alliance, instead of the amount of the stack it is using. For example, if you have a stack of rare alliance that has 200 and you have another stack that is 150, the UI displays 350 but it is pulling from the 150 stack when it upgrades. The UI should display the 150 stack, since that is the one that will be pulled from.

Please have the Ally UI display the amount of the current stack it is pulling from, instead of displaying the total amount of all stacks of that type. This will make it easier to keep track of which stack is being used and the players can stow away the stacks they don't want the UI to use and for players who want to keep all of their stacks in their inventory, this would let them know which stack is being used.
    • Like x 1
  3. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Yeah I’m going to push back on you a little bit with this one for a couple reasons:
    1. I truly don’t believe this is an “issue.” It might be a personal grievance for you and I respect that, but I would assume that most people wouldn’t randomly have more that one stack of alliances sitting in their inventory unless one stack is already maxed. And even if they did, we know it would pull from the smaller stack first so it shouldn’t be a problem. I actually would prefer it to show the TOTAL number of alliance I have on hand, showing it by stack would be kinda stupid to me.
    2. It already works like this in game and I’ve never seen or heard anyone complain about this. I took some of my alliance and split them into multiple stacks just to be sure and sure enough when I go to level an ally it shows that it will only take 1 rare alliance out of 452 (the total number I have). It doesn’t say 1 out of 25 (the smallest stack I made), so I really don’t see why you would think it would be any different under this new UI.

So yeah I’m just not seeing this as an issue. That being said if they changed it to your way would I care? Not at all because it really doesn’t matter, I just found it odd that you presented this as if it was kind of a problem.
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Perhaps this is just inconvenient for me, but the lack of information about the previous ranks of an ally after he is fully leveled seems inconvenient to me, it interferes with planning the choice of an ally for Alts (a fully leveled ally, especially a legendary one, is a big investment of resources, and very often an ally for Alts it is not fully leveled, to determine whether this or that level of effort is worth it... from the beginning it would be convenient to look at the intermediate bonuses of the ally of the main character, but in the new system after the ally is pumped, we see in detail only the final bonus ...).
  5. myandria Item Storage

Well..

The reason to care is for clarity, in my opinion. If you can see precisely which stack the UI is pulling from, it makes it easier to send extra alliances to alts without dipping into the stack that the UI is currently pulling from (and thus avoid unintentional glitches). So, to use my example again, if the UI is showing that its only pulling from the 150 stack, I can use the 200 count stack to send to alts or to my bank without touching the 150 stack.

Not everyone will be aware that the system is pulling from the smaller stack, especially new/returning players.

I disagree about the system working like this in the game; currently, you have a choice of using entire stacks or not. I prefer to level my artifacts, for example, with single or by twos/three count stacks; this allows me to see the crit XP opportunities and thus waste less Nth metal that could be used on another artifact. That is why there are no complaints; we have a "choice" of how to level up other items.

To your point, though, there are no crit leveling up opportunities and there are no feats attached to leveling up allies, so I can understand and respect how you feel comfortable with "clumping" everything together and letting the system fully figure it out for you. I am sure many players will feel the same way you do.

If the devs decide to keep it the way it is now, I can deal with it. However, I would only put the EXACT amount of alliances needed for leveling up in my active inventory so I can have more control on how those alliances are used.
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Font's too damn small to read. Mousing over an ally option should enlarge it so you can read the damn thing. Not all of us have 20/20 vision you know. On a more positive note it's nice to be able to see everything on one panel instead of having to hop around to try and see what's what for each ally.
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It is a minor issue but when you are equipping the ally and hover over the slots and the corresponding ally slot lights up with that white background. If you select Support Slot 1 or 2 they both light up at the same time. If possible if that was changed to whatever slot you selected either 1 or 2 would light up.

6:04 is the timestamp if the link doesn't take you straight there

8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Why are you keeping multiple stacks of the same item?
    • Like x 3
  9. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

Watching the video, it looks like you’re conflating support ability 1 or 2 with support SLOT 1 or 2. It looks like the UI asks which slot to put your ally in after you’ve chosen the ability. I’m which case, highlighting both support slots seems accurate to me, since the UI is still going to ask you which one to use after you confirm the power you want for the ally. Unless someone like Krypto can now only be equipped to slot 1 (I hope that’s not the case)?
    • Like x 1
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

In the end it is a moot point because you have to select which support slot you want the ally in the next screen. Just stood out to me is all.
    • Like x 1
  11. myandria Item Storage

So I can send stacks from my main to my alts and to my bank. For example, if I'm farming Nth metal with my main but one of my lower alts is very close to leveling up an artifact, I will break a stack in half (or as close to half as possible). When I am done farming, I will send my alt whichever stack is highest to help level up that artifact. I will log in with that alt later in the day to upgrade the artifact and then do the dailies/weeklies/feats that are needed for that alt's CR level. Multiple stacks allows me to keep some control over how items are used and where I can use/store them.
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interesting approach.

A better approach would be to have them all stored in your shared bank. Then you can access the needed items with all characters at any time. You need to access the bank, but that's always just 20 seconds away if you use the teleporter to HoL/Watchtower/Hall of Doom or possibly even your Base.

If you want to save on shared bank slots, your approach may be better, although i dont understand why you would have multiple stacks on one character then. The new UI doesnt account for all Alliances on all characters combined. It simply displays all Alliances in your inventory.
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

A bit of a side question, but this update got me thinking. Will capsule allies eventually be a part of the 2nd chance vendors?
  14. myandria Item Storage

True, the shared bank is an option but I use it to send "special" items to other characters such as limited time offered items and the most recent day 21 member items. So yes, I treat my stacks this way to save space in my shared bank, since it is so limited. The only time I have to use the shared bank for stacks is if those stacks are account bound, as I would have no other way to do it and even then, I would remove those stacks from the shared bank quickly.

I also do this from past experiences with "all-in-one" systems such as the one the devs are working on. Similar to what happened with the Shared Bank lockdown, a glitch can lock you out of not only leveling up your allies, but it can also "lock in place" your alliances so they cannot be used or transferred until the issue is fixed. By spreading out 'feeder items" in my inventory/banks, any problems that may occur will more than likely happen with the current stack that is being used.

I realize that the UI doesn't account for alliances on every character, which is a good thing. However, I want to be sure that the stack that the UI will be pulling from IS the lower count stack. In my view, it makes more sense if the UI shows that it pulls from individual stacks, especially if it finishes one and then looks for another.

Besides, my title is "Item Storage", would you expect anything less from me?;):D
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Even if you have 20/20 vision, the default font size is really small and hard to read on a 1080p setup.

I imagine this is going to be an issue for console players.
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    How am I supposed to swap abilities on an already equipped Support Ally? There used to be a "Swap" button, but I don't see the functionality in the new UI:

I was hoping to swap from Luck of the Draw to Toxic Encore.

I guess players have to "Unequip Ally".
    • Like x 1
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    1. I'm not a fan of the "Leveling screen" closing each time you click the "Level Up" button. So if I want to level an Ally up to 10, I have to click "Level Up" to bring up the screen again after each level. Just leave the window on screen.

2. There doesn't seem to be hover-over tooltips for any of the icons. You are just expected to know what each of the Alliance icons stand for.

3. There doesn't seem to be a good way to swap a character between slots. If you want to swap an ally from Combat to Support, you have to "Unequip" them, find them again on the Owned Allies list, select them, and go through the Ally equpping process. This just feels very clunky.

4. The way the "Details" text is displayed is confusing:
    [IMG]

Why is "Power Interactions" listed ahead of Caped Crusade ? When you go to your Ability Loadouts screen, Power Interactions are always listed under the primary ability description text. Here it is listed before which is inconsistent with the rest of the UI. There are a lot of ways a user might interpret that text with the current heading arrangement. I also saw the same thing on Superman.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    From a monetization perspective, were there any thoughts about including a UI element somewhere on the Level Up window to direct the player to the relevant section of the Marketplace in case they don't have enough XP/Alliances?

Not having enough resources to level up an Ally is an obvious 'stop' moment in terms of the Ally leveling process. However, players maybe willing to spend money to continue if they are shown an obvious Marketplace button.
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On Playstation 4/5 are zoom functions, but there shouldnt be a need for it at all. :)
  20. Ab of O New Player

Before the upgrade, I had fully spent "Ally Favor" on raising level 7, but there wasn't enough "Alliance" 's. Now after the upgrade I have lost all progress and the requirements for the upgrade have become impossible.

[IMG]

Yes this is not a test server but US. I just didn't find a suitable topic for this.