Up-Votes Needed Allies UI Update: Swap button missing

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by myandria, Nov 11, 2022.

1. myandria Item Storage

In the previous allies UI, using the controller, you could utilize a "swap abilities" button to swap between the support abilities (using the triangle button on the PS4). The new UI does not have this button, so in order to swap between support abilities, a full unequip and re-equip must be performed. Is this intended?
    • Like x 7
  2. Ozman Well-Known Player

+1

I would also like to know if this is intended.
    • Like x 1
  3. maelona Level 30

I can't level my Allies the level up button will not come up on the second page only think I can do is cancel
  4. maelona Level 30

• Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You must have the favor and alliances needed to complete a level up for the option to appear now. You can't partially level up an Ally anymore.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The functionality is that you need to unequip to select the other support/passive ability. There may be room for improvement here.
  7. Kestral Committed Player

Ok but why? What is the harm in allowing us to Partially level up a Ally?

I generally prefer to have some of my alts level their ally's with only the xp they have earned and since it's a shared currency that's no longer a option for what benefit?
    • Like x 1
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Players live for the dopamine hits from Accomplishing Something, however trivial.

Letting us see progress in Ally Favor is a reward. Ding!

It's not a brilliant idea to take away a system of a dozen rewards in favor of providing only one. When it costs DCUO literally absolutely nothing to make us feel more rewarded.

It's outright frustrating to have that Ally Favor sitting there in your account, visible every single time you look at your Allies, while you're unable to make any use of it, unable to visibly increment our way upwards until some uncertain future time.

The frustration adds up to a feeling of outright being punished for no reason.

I respectfully suggest reconsidering this.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Because players were complaining of accidentally over feeding favor.

While I believe people should just be more careful, this basically helps the player. Besides. It’s not like there’s any benefit to partially leveling allies. On top if that, since favor is stored with currency it does work like currency now. You can’t partially pay for gear.

I’m not really affected one way or the other. But it’s pretty obvious why this was changed. The change isn’t hurting anyone
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We did change it because players were overfeeding favor or requesting 'extra' favor be returned if they changed their mind about a certain ally. I can see how dumping your favor in every day feels good on some level, but I think that is outweighed by preventing any waste on the player end and taking having to do math out of the...equation. :cool:
    • Like x 5
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I gather it's not possible, or it's very difficult, to simply prevent more Favor than needed from being used? Just stopping the add-Favor function when the limit is hit?
    • Like x 1
  12. beardrive Committed Player

Maxing out anything should stop at that number. This should have been applied to everything that would max out as it was created. Artifacts at max nth, as it's been announced 200 is the max, should just stop adding experience. To put more in would be foolish.

The swap button removed is a total mistake. I used to be able to click about 3 to 4 times. I am now clicking about six or eight times, with the added d-pad clicks all around the menu system.

Whatever the other reason for this being this way, it will be nice for those two inconsistencies to be separated so we might actually be able to swap out allies again. Equipping them and unequipping them individually is a pain, and the person who did it forgot to add the option to be able to change any abilities once they are equipped.

So once you've chosen what they do, you have to unequip them, and re-choose what they do, each time.

My biggest problem is the expensive button stroke waste with the passive abilities, the gathering, The briefing and investigation reveals etc.

To start looking for something now requires about 10 clicks, or to gather exobytes, requires another 10 clicks. I need to click 10 times before I start gathering exobytes.

I don't know why the swap button was removed as it's the most important feature for users in a new system where more and more objects will need to be swapped out repeatedly as more and more allies are added. Please change it back. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  13. Kestral Committed Player

Some people share accounts with other members of their household and since this is a account shared currency it makes that a problem if you can't fully feed your XP into the alt of your choice.

The proper fix to overfeeding would be to make it impossible to overfeed past a breakthrough. If it auto filled only to the max level for the next breakthrough it would satisfy the same purpose without punishing players who choose to use the currency differently then others.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kestral Committed Player

That's a separate issue entirely. There are multiple allys that are functionally useless that I regret leveling up and would love to feed to different allys. Complaints about the lack of ability to do that should not be added together with complaints of overfeeding that can actually only happen once for the final breakthrough per Ally. Unless the old build was bad enough to delete any XP over the current breakthrough that was performed.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s a niche issue thou. I’m general I believe you aren’t even allowed to share your account with other people, even within the same family. While I think they wouldn’t take any actions to prevent this for you it’s also something they aren’t going to make changes for.

While it is a separate topic, they were very open and upfront before allies were even introduced that you wouldn’t be able to feed one ally into another. So us choosing to use favor in useless allies is on us. It’s like saying I bought support gear but realize I never run as a support so I want my marks back.
  16. Kestral Committed Player

I am sharing reasons why their fix causes problems with different types of players. In the hopes that they look at this again to replace a quick fix with a better long term solution. While I don't expect them to cater to the various nitch groups, this is just a poor design to implement. Their "fix" was the removal of functionality. Whether you think it doesn't harm people significantly is kind of beside the point that there were alternative ways to fix the issue that didn't try force everyone into a one size fits all solution.

Right which is why adding complaints for buyers remorse to complaints for a legitimate bug makes no sense. I'm glad you agree that these topics are not the same discussion.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except it’s not poor design. It does exactly what it set to do. You just so happen to fall into the group that it didn’t benefit. There no reason for them to cater to those who share account because this is something that’s frowned upon