All game activities should award Source Marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Locking Source Marks to old content only is unnecessary. Both new and old should award source mark. Old with stats clamped and new because it the end game, also, source marks are necessary for everything end game based, like artifacts and now Allies...
    • Like x 13
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You DO realize that you get them through Daily Rewards, right? At least once per week, it gives you Source Marks directly, but I believe (I'll have to doublecheck to make sure) the new Dr. Fate Vendor also lets you use your Daily Rewards Fate Currency to buy Source Marks from the Vendor.

So the game already gives you tons of ways to earn Source Marks. Even if you insist on ONLY playing the 3 newest episodes, the brand new systems above will still grant you Source Marks. If you want more than that, run the old content to farm for them, or just buy them directly from the Marketplace (or Loyalty Vendor if you play on a console.)
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

And how much is that compared to what we were able to get by only running end-game content before? You DO realize that it is nowhere close to what we were able to get there before the update, right? By the way, the source marks in the Fate Vendor costs Destiny Tokens, who in their right mind is gonna be spending Destiny Tokens on marks instead of seals?
    • Like x 5
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Someone with very few alts, or none at all, that's already maxed out at End Level?

And I DID say I needed to doublecheck. This new Vendor has only been live in the game for a couple days, and some of us actually have JOBS to go to, so I haven't committed everything in the Vendor to memory like you clearly have. :p
    • Like x 1
  5. MiLady Well-Known Player

The daily rewards are only good for the one toon that activated the reward. What about people who have alts? It's limited if you play multiple alts.
    • Like x 3
  6. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Even if they add source marks to end game, it still not even close to what you can farm now by spamming FoS 3.
    • Like x 4
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Choose the alt that you want to get a particular reward and claim it on that character. You don't have to claim everything on the first character you log in with, and with the rewards laid out to show you what's coming up you can do some planning.
    • Like x 2
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Hence why there's MULTIPLE ways to get Source Marks.

Now, an argument can be made, and a very good one, at that, for Source Marks to be a Shared Currency, just like the Stabilizers. And I'll add my voice to that one. I agree with players that say all our currencies should now be shared between all of our alts, especially since we still don't have currency transfer through our Shared Bank.
  9. AncientSpirit Active Player

Yeah. What he said.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Agreed it’s a game breaker
    • Like x 2
  11. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

If u let a dlc experience you can convert those to source marks.
    You can get source marks with the daily login reward.
    If you do a random easy solo u can finish the daily box and get More source marks.(3 min run)
    You can purchase source marks on marketplace.
    You can get source marks by opening Time Capsules.
    So many choices!
    Oh you can get 10 source marks by running a 4mins FOS3 raid. Prob the fastest way ever in 10 years to get source marks

I know, you welcomed!
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I was always sympathetic of losing all source marks in "end game" but not so that a player could get ahead, it was more about ensuring a player who chose not to run non-end game would have the marks to maintain a mainframe as that's the only part of the game slightly less "optional" in terms of general performance.

In saying that, I don't think you should be awarded source marks in 'end game' to get ahead, you shouldn't, if you want source marks, play some old content, it's really not that hard and there's a lot of it.

The other option is of course to buy catalysts from other players who are prepared to run the old content on your behalf effectively and do that grind, all you need to do is keep earning enough virtual currency.
    • Like x 3
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats not counting once an episode falls out of relevancy and we cash in for source ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Players who want to do Endgame only content have been shafted with a red hot poker! It's why I cancelled my sub today.

I was chastized in a previous post (before HoL went live) for saying what the op is saying now and guess what, now that HoL has dropped all 3 Endgame eps have become ghost towns! No surprise there!

Endgame and to a certain extent "new oldgame" has now has become FOS3, a 5-10 minute raid, over and over and over and over and... That's all people want to do! Even getting a group doing the PZ daily can take an age.

If you could still earn the same amount of daily/weekly source marks as you could pre-HoL whilst playing proper Endgame, people would still do that content. Hell, I'd probably re-sub.

People can still do the HoL stuff if they want more marks. Personally, I have no interest in playing old content over and over and over for source marks. I've played that content a thousand times before already and I'm bored of it.
    • Like x 3
  15. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

It weird because now Source Marks is very trivial to acquire. Adding some source marks to end game content will hurt nothing, not to mention end game loot are still loot locked so what gives? People who already run once daily/weekly/monthly will just do that and go to other activities like FoS3 spam, it not like people will spend RBs to only farm sources from end game when they can do it already for free doing old content.
    • Like x 2