All Communications are playing AFTER

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Little Sister, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echephyle New Player

It must because ut only happend in bia and fam, both of which most groups are overgeared for
    • Like x 1
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's happened to me in some of the Hand of Fate missions. Even when I was running the groups so they definitely weren't way over geared.
  3. Valsmurf Loyal Player

One of the worst offenders for me is Soul Alchemy villain t4 operation. I always get the audio for at least 1 of the first 3 bosses when i go into the last boss instance. Felix Faust sometimes makes reference to the amazonian champion appearing until after we killed the Star Labs mobs, then the audio for defeating the star labs scientist is played when you enter cain street mall for the final fight.

League of Assassins stronghold is the second worse offender. Talia won't speak to me about defeating her father until after I teleported out and i'm back in the Hall of Doom.

I think Little sister has a point, those 2 are some of the fastest alerts in the game and we're moving along quickly so rushing probably does have something to do with it.

edit: yeah bia and fr are also guilty of causing this, but iirc that didn't happen when those 2 launched.
  4. GeoShock New Player

It's been going on for months.
  5. Citrik Well-Known Player

It happens every time I run BIA and Fam without fail. Sometimes communications won't play until after I teleport to Metro/Gotham, sometimes they won't play until after the entire instance, which actually happened to me yesterday.
  6. Bloodartist New Player

It may be related to triggering second event in the scripted chain before an earlier one has finished resolving.. But I imagine this should be pretty simple for devs to reproduce if that was the case. Just use some dev-command to kill all mobs as soon as they spawn and see what happens to the script.

There were similar situations I came across in SWTOR, where a boss(namely HK) was killed "too fast", and entered a scripted event within an event and went bonkers as a result.

Testing this would be easier if a dev said what it is that triggers those briefings in the first place?

ps. And yes, this happens most often in soul alchemy. Once the team proceeds to metropolis, the briefings generally don't play at all. I wonder if it would have something to do with some teammembers being offgrid when the first one reaches the first mission area and should trigger briefing.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Ran Bludhaven, Khandaq (expert raid), and Ace Chemicals (Tier 1 Alert). Bludhaven and Khandaq started playing after I joined a group with a league-mate to run Trigon's Prison. I phased with my league-mate in the Watchtower just before they played if that helps.
  8. DC-9xlives Developer

Thanks to everyone for your patience. We did get a fix in for this issue.

The fix is still going to go through local testing, so it won't make it into the live game immediately.
    • Like x 4
  9. Little Sister New Player

Awesome ! Thanks 9xlives !
    • Like x 1
  10. xColdFront Committed Player

Happens to me also I'll play say BIA then like a hour later out of nowhere Batman will pop up and start talking the dialogue from that instance.
    • Like x 1
  11. Little Sister New Player

Is this part of GU 36 ?
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Hope that helps. :-}
    • Like x 4
  13. Little Sister New Player

Thanks Seth, hadn't seen that !
    • Like x 1
  14. Little Sister New Player

I was under the impression that this was going to be fixed in GU 36. It is definitely not fixed.

I ran With a Vengeance, had no communication messages from Dr Fate. Then I did some stuff in my base. Then I ran a T3 solo challenge. Then I teleported to Watchtower. Then I went to Themyscira Outpost. Then I went to Gotham Under Siege and all of the communications from Vengeance and the T3 solo started playing.

:(
    • Like x 1
  15. DC_Homeslice Developer

Hi Little Sister,

I'm looking into this right now. Did you experience this on PC or PS3/PS4. We'll get to the bottom of this.

Best,
    DC_Homeslice
  16. DC_Homeslice Developer

HI Little Sister,

I confirmed with our engineers that a bug that was causing Communicator Messages to play after zoning was fixed in GU 36. I also just found out that apparently there is an entirely different bug that also causes Communicator Messages to play after the fact but for different reasons. This bug was discovered after the other bug was fixed so the fix for the second bug did not make it into GU 36. The fix for the second bug is coming, but the end result is that in GU36 some communicator messages will still not play when they are supposed to and then play when you zone to another area. I was not aware of the second bug when I posted that this issue had been fixed. I apologize for that. I will keep this thread updated on the progress. Hopefully we can get the fix for the second bug live ASAP, and I will make sure that there aren't any other bugs that are also causing the same issue before I tell everyone it's fixed. I appreciate you posting and letting us know about this. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
    DC_Homeslice
    • Like x 8
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Batman and company must get over their current shyness!

I blame Scarecrow.
  18. Little Sister New Player

Thanks Homeslice ! And just so you know I'm on PS4.
    • Like x 1
  19. DC_Homeslice Developer

Hey everyone,

We are getting some reports that Communicator messages are playing after zoning again. Is anyone still seeing this behavior? We are trying to see if this is the same bug or a new bug with the same symptoms. Let me know is this is happening to you.

Best,
    DC_Homeslice
  20. Crimson Jonni New Player

Ive noticed it happening much more frequently with anything Martian Manhunter is in. For example oolong island, Hive moon base, and Area 51, J'onnzz's voice often plays after switching zones. Thats all ive personally noticed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.