All Communications are playing AFTER

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Little Sister, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Statman New Player

I was just thinking this myself. It doesn't play after I've re spawned back where I was before I entered the vault, but just as I'm about to leave. It doesn't even sound like the new intro (sounding like it's over a PA), it sounds like the original VO that was used.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The vault is a separate issue that arose with the changes to the vault in GU31. The communications people are talking about are playing AFTER LEAVING an instance, not within the instance and at the end of the instance.

I'll leave Khandaq, and Martian Manhunter will ramble on about how I need to get to an area with Khandaqian relics or defeat Black Adam, which makes no sense since I am now in the Watchtower/Gotham/Metropolis/PDSs/etc. and have already finished Khandaq.

I'll leave the Watchtower Containment Facility and Oracle will ramble on about how prisoners are escaping even though I have long since re-captured the prisoners in that facility and am now in Metropolis/Gotham/PDSs/Watchtower/etc.
  3. Hottdog New Player

I know this is an old post but I just wanted to say; the sound was bugged when the game released and its still bugged. After playing a couple days after release I turned the sound off and have yet to turn it back on. Don't hold your breath waiting on the fix.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

This only happens when I run BIA and FAM. I always get batmans communications after the alert is over. 1 time I ran FAM, then BIA right after, and once I finished BIA, I started to get batmans communications from FAM
    • Like x 1
  5. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

This is even more interesting now on the PS4. I have had the communications from the past 3 instances I was in all fighting for my attention while standing by a watchtower R&D machine....LOL
  6. Bloodartist New Player

Nearly every alert Ive done, the communications all play one after another once the final encounter starts or when people enter the last instance. I have no idea what is the cause, maybe players being scattered all over the map when one person triggers the next stage? I dont know. In any case it has something to do with triggers..
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

This has been happening alot lately on ps4.

Last week I ran BIA, FAM and then nexus. After we defeated the first boss in nexus I started to get communications from BIA, they kept playing all the way through the short run of nexus, even the FAM ones. Got nexus ending communication a little later after I finished the raid.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Next time this happens I will post a video via share on ps4.
    • Like x 1
  9. Little Sister New Player

Still totally happening. Sometimes I get the Alternate Metropolis audio in the next alert I do or Pvp match.
    • Like x 1
  10. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Happens every time I run bia, fam, trigon, and few other alerts
    • Like x 1
  11. IvoMnik New Player

This , tho not experienced by me in the past year of its existence , started happening after GU 34 .
    It happens with BiA and FR mostly , but also with Paradox - two days ago I was hearing the Tyrant laughter for 2 hours after I left the raid ........

Also worth noting is that post-GU 34 party system seems more broken than usual - People who have gotten in my FR/BiA run NOT via an invitation , but via the ingame's QUE up system ARE STILL SHOWN on my COMPASS even after leaving the instance via Y - they are no longer in my group ( I usually run instances with a friend ) but still I have indicators on my compass pointing to them

In my opinion , something either broke the code for the audio sequences in the instances , or the broken party system creates server lag and desync issues due to players not fully leaving Alert runs of FR/BIA .
  12. sillhouette Well-Known Player

I had a version of this happen to me this week, in a way I have not seen before. After finishing Kandaq, I returned to the HoD and did some crafting. I then warped to my base, but mistakenly warped to HQ, where I already was. So essentially I warped from an R&D machine up to a teleport pad still in the HoD. And then Talia popped up, and gave her finishing message about also pining over lost love, blah blah. So the late message came not after exiting the instance, but after the next warp after that one.
  13. Little Sister New Player

DC Homeslice seems to be the new Audio guy in the last few months, and he's addressed many topics, but not this one. I hope he chimes in soon.
    • Like x 1
  14. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I wish for once I could hear the story as the story was unfolding and not 20 minutes later. That would be fantastic.
    • Like x 2
  15. DC-9xlives Developer

We have had a very hard time getting a local repro with any useful data on this issue... but we are working on it for sure. I'll check back in here if I get any more info.
    • Like x 2
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I can't even get it to reproduce on my end either. It is extremely random if it plays at the time or at the end. In my case last night, all the communications were playing in another instance, which was a first for me. I was doing the Penguin duo on my villain and I just completed Ferris Aircraft on her as well. After we beat up the first room and just heard TwoFace talk, heading to Banes area, all the communications of Ferris were playing. It was surreal. :confused:
    • Like x 2
  17. Little Sister New Player

The best way to describe it is like lag I guess. The chat box will say "Accessing Communicator..." and then it just will never come (until much later). Much like when you fly too fast and things don't load in properly.
    • Like x 1
  18. MenToc Active Player

My guess... try moving on to the next section of the mission before a prior message finishes playing. This seems to cause the problem the most for me.

possibly a completion pointer not updating properly because of the zone. This might also explain why it starts playing again after zoning after the instance is over.
  19. Little Sister New Player

This is a very good point. To the Devs trying to reproduce this: Try playing the instance like a regular group on live that is just trying to blow through the content as fast as possible. Go to teleporters as soon as possible, use your super sonic speed as soon as you load in to go to the next section, etc.

It probably has to do with rushing.
    • Like x 1
  20. DC-9xlives Developer

That is helpful, Little Sister. Thanks -
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.