All Base Shield Multipliers Ranked

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by ObsidianChill, Feb 2, 2020.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That's not balance because Mass Density is a supercharge and tanks are supposed to be better at shields than healers.
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Ok let me rephrase, that's their way at balance
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Strangely I have to agree. Still, this goes beyond common sense.
  4. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I did some checking on this between Electric & Light and these numbers still seem to be reliable, at least for those two powersets. What are the odds we think this could be submitted as a bug? Because, I have to tell you, it's incredibly enjoyable being in controller role, going for a pick up, popping my shield, and getting ranged tap by some minion add through my shield. Why are troll shields so piddly these days?
    • Like x 1
  5. Bubbla Active Player

Troll shields aren’t that weak. There are a number you reasons they might be weak. My initial thought is the troll is using dps gear. If that is the case they are going to be insanely weak.
  6. farm3rb0b Committed Player

This is one of those replies where I question whether you read the whole thread or just my comment. The first post in this thread shows shield multipliers. So effectively, stats * multiplier = shield mitigation. The shields at the bottom of that list?

Those are all controller shields. Slightly above that, all around the 1.6 mark are the supercharge variations for controller powersets. We can argue the fact that shields are dom + resto and include more dom than rest (150% vs 112.5%), but at the end of the day it's no contest. A healer and a controller wearing the same set of vendor gear/accessories/weapons, speccing into their stats similarly - the healer shields blow the controller shields out of the water. And they're 4 people.

In my opinion (yes, I'm aware that doesn't have to be shared by others), with the way precision damage is bonkers, controller shields are a joke right now.
  7. Bubbla Active Player

In answer to your question yes. I read the statement and I have read the thread. I have also tested troll shields in the two dlcs prior to this with various levels of dominance with max elite troll gear. From zero to max dominance (testing for various feats). Long story short your statement that you got range tapped by an add through troll shields is missing context (hence my statement about a lack of gear or maybe standing in a debuff field). Is the base multiplier lower than healers…yes. Healer shields also don’t give power. During FFE troll shields with max gear and zero dominance in shields could eat whole combos from adds and barely break (they could take a couple ticked of the crit beam at 100 dom invested). The only add in this dlc I could see popping the shield with one hit is the skullcrusher and that isn’t a range tap. My statement of them being not that weak was more in reference to your statement about the range tap than your opinion that they aren’t strong enough.
  8. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Thanks for the info, by the way, do you know if shields stack?
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Some stack, some over write. So like a tank can have their shield and a healers shield or a healer could have a healer and a trolls shield but a healers shield will overwrite another healers shield or a tank can overwrite their own shield if they use the wrong one. Ice for example: you can stack hardlight with winters ward but if you hit winters ward then reflection or shatter restraints, winters ward disappears.
    • Like x 1
  10. Leonite Well-Known Player

Wow, I thought gadget SC shield is weak because it has both power regen and shield together as an effect.

About tank powers, is phase dodge really that OP shield? I'm afraid to switch movement modes only for phase dodged to get nerfed in a month or two.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Phase Dodge is extremely situational.
  12. DorianM Well-Known Player

Happen to find out the BSM of Immolation in tank role? or was the 1.52 value accurate. I know it changes to only 35% mitigation but is there meant to be a cap on it that can be found.
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Do we have an idea as to what the shield multiplier for Clarion is?
  14. GermanM Committed Player

I believe Obsidian Chill said in his video is around 1,09 in rank 80 and 2,20 in rank 200
    You can check here in the Shiel Strenght Comparison.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

cool. I thought it was performing in the same general category as Hard Light and it turns out I was not incorrect.
  16. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

A shield modifier less than one is a taker awayer lol
    48163 resto * 112.5% = 54039
    8799 dom * 150% = 13198
    67237 * 0.82 = 55134

Goodbye to Quantum tunneling
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Quantum Tunneling teleports you, and drops Aggro. The Shield is just icing on that cake.
  18. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

True,but a lot of the time I wind up somewhere worse than where I was lol
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Okay, user error is on you, heh...
  20. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Pardon me for ever saying anything bad about Quantum tunneling. It's the greatest part of the game. I love it.