Alerts/Raids should be able to be entered solo or with less than 4 or 8

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Good vs Evil, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Good vs Evil Active Player

Right now the system is; You queue up solo or in a party, if you queue up solo you are waiting until a group of 4 or 8 is found. The problem with the current system is that with older content, getting a queue pop is next to impossible, you will have to spam chat to ask (or ask your league mates if you are in one).

Lets throw an example out, Area 51; If I were able to queue solo and enter I honestly think I could beat it by myself given time on my own. How it stands now though, if I wanted to run area 51 I would need 3 other people with me just to go in.

Now imagine if I use a 255 boost, I miss all content from tiers 1 to tier 8? 9? And all that good DC lore and gameplay is down the drain, sure I can spam chat and try to get help but if im CR 255 I can solo the content if I wanted to...I just want to be able to experience the game on my own time, I dont want to have to only be able to queue for wonderverse content.

Older Alerts/Raids should be able to be entered anytime/solo/with less than 4 or 8 people, the queue system right now is restrictive and a hindrance.
    • Like x 27
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yep. they should. so many feats I can't get, collections & briefings & investigations, styles I can't get. it's all free at the moment ( well, free to everyone except idiots like me who pay a sub ), & you still can't get in anything! sick of it. sick to the point of packing it all in with running the same three episodes over & over. logged in today, done me dailies, that's it. logged out. no point. can't run anything else.
    • Like x 9
  3. Saami Loyal Player

I 100% agree. It is also fun to just do old raids/alerts by yourself taking slow route. Enjoying the scene. Thats what i did a lot in FOS raids. It is also useable when doing style hunting and stuff.

It was sad day they when they stopped letting you go in portals :(
    • Like x 4
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

100% agree. You should be able to decide whether or not you need all the players.

I wish I could +1 this more than once.
    • Like x 6
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This tops a few of our lists of things we want to do when time allows. IMO it's way better than even portals to everything would be.
    • Like x 31
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not that you are looking for it, but my suggestion has always been to just add a checkbox when building a group (the group lead sets it on/off) for 'use matchmaking'. I'd guess as of right now it's default on as we always matchmake if the group is not full. That would allow for getting in with less than full. Then once in, you could always use 'find more players' option so that people who are trying to queue in can also get in if desired. That should help alieviate some of the nay-sayers who will state that this will make it impossible to queue in anymore. It would still leave things open for 'carry' groups where you want it, and should hopefully allow for a built group where they want a challenge to gear appropriately to allow for it.

Thanks for responding. Many of us have had this on the wish list for a while.
    #AdjustableQueueSize ... let's make it a thing!
    • Like x 5
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Would definitely love this. I think there would have to be a few instances that would have a minimum player requirement though since some of them have mechanics that require more than one person. One example would be the cogs in the Kahndaq raid. There are a few areas where three cogs (at least I think it's three) have to be turned at the same time. In cases such as those they should have a minimum requirement of players to enter since it is literally impossible to advance on your own.
    • Like x 7
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It'd have to be that or find some way of adjusting the number of cogs needed based on the number of players.

The Flashback duo could be a problematic one in that regard, as you can't progress in the tunnel without your duo partner with you AND there's a two-cog entry barrier later on.
    • Like x 2
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah very true indeed and sad :( many do this now.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No thanks....having more 'prerequsites' on how it works will further delay or deny the change as it will mean some more coding/variables. If a player doesn't know about a run, they will learn quick. I'd be for a note in the raid info that said 'suggested minimum' where there is a cogs/mechanic though...not that anyone will read it. Matchmaking On/off is more direct (I'd guess). If you require a minimum and don't have it in your group you'd be enabling partial matchmaking...also, just because you have a minimum doesn't mean you'll still get the mechanics done. Have fun in TOTD if one of your 2 3 or 4 people isn't a tank...oh, wait, let's require a minimum AND at least a tank...more variables to add in. If you don't know that you can't do FOS2 with 1 guy or AnB with 1, you'll figure it out. Anyone that is going in to solo on their first run might be looking at a fail anyway. Good luck passing off that omega beam in DWFE after the 2nd supes pass off and you're the only target in there. Also you can get around some minimums. I've 3 man'd the gears in BB...but you have to be REAL quick...The catwoman gears in the Batcave T3 too (inner or outer...I always forget)...can be done, but yeah...4 is better, but not 'minimum'.

The alternative I guess would be to require a 'minimum' across the board...maybe 4 for raids (not sure if any mechanics require 5) or 1 person to queue each role. That seems to defeat the process though.

However the change is implemented, it should be 'player beware'. Suggested minimums...sure...but not a requirement. If someone doesn't know what they are doing, they should still go in with a group and (god forbid) learn something.
    • Like x 4
  11. KN1TE Dedicated Player

They would have to do something about cut screens like in batscape duo, if you do it solo, you can't turn off both crystals as of now. Right now it's quite annoying as players just rush in past and start the cut screen. I would like a toggle option in settings to by pass cut screens once you played thru it once.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I don't remember if there was a wait until a certain point part of the tunnel, but I'm pretty sure we can hit both cogs ourselves. But there are some content that has that kind of mechanism, that it's almost or is impossible to do solo. The Ranx puzzle area comes to mind. Batcave: Inner Sanctum as well.

But I feel at that point, like style clipping, it should be thought about for future content. Players learn pretty quickly on what they can and can't do and if a players is going back to older content for say a specific style, then they would know to bring at least 1 other person to handle it. I know I have when I used to run Inner.
    • Like x 2
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

this is great news. good to know it's on your radar. thankyou.
    • Like x 4
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Shaweet
    Seeing how many raid feats i can go get solo as a challenge seems on the horizon :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Cant agree enough here.
    Devs..... Do NOT for the love of all things good overcomplicate this!!!!!
    It needs to be an opt in/out thing player beware, proceed at your own risk. I would dang near go as far as to put a disclaimer that says (the 1st time) by toggling off, you wave your right to cry an complain that you cant solo khandaq even tho your a 319 cr lmao. Learn the nstances an bring ppl when required plain an simple. In any case, the learning curve for CR skippers will be so much easier than it was to do these raids in their glory days. Man the days of FOS2, Prime, wave, etc in their “prime” (no pun intended). Now thats a learning curve!!! Let these ppl fig out the Q needs as they go
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

It would be an amazing day indeed were this to happen
    • Like x 5
  17. Legasei Well-Known Player

Here’s my proposal.
    Queue pops if two conditions are met: (1)The maximum size is reached. (2) The time limit is reached. In case of the latter, any players in queue, regardless of how many, will be sent into the instance. Players can still be added to the group while time is counting down.
    • Like x 1
  18. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

This seems like an excellent idea...on paper

Plenty of other games already do this already for there content.

I do have a few questions and I get that they are not popular thoughts and all, but they are questions at least I feel like should be answered if not at least taken into consideration.

How will this play out for the community as a whole? While I can see how it can help those who bypassed all the earlier content and now struggle to join or get into said bypassed content, it will only lead to the same people becoming even more separated from the same people who are not allowing them to run with them now by allowing those same people to be able to run content without having a full group, just what I am looking at, I could be wrong though.

Content will have to be adjusted, right? Following the Dox glitch, a dev( don't want to say Mepps) said the content had to be tuned down to accommodate the community because of all the glitching. With the ability to basically run practically the whole game solo or with a partner, will have an affect on learning to be a team player. But it will not effect those who do already have a core group of friends or league mates, it just leads right back to my first question.

Will there be more solo centric challenges and feats added to add more longevity to the game?
    • Like x 1
  19. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I vote for pushing this to the tippety-top of all of those lists. Anything that'll let me solo old content.
    • Like x 1
  20. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I went to run , nexus t5 raid , on my ALT villian because it involves running it with different combinations of Batmans bosses & last boss artifacts , it has a checklist .

Since I was able to walkin with a teleporter , was able to get feat checklist accomplished instead of waiting for Que.

See it be right for more instance walkins.
    • Like x 1