Alert walk ins or group locked ques.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gerbal, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Gerbal New Player

So was looking for a few styles that involved running t2 alerts yesterday. I am full vestments and can easily solo these in fast times as I intended to do. Problem is that I have to que into these and run with 3 other people. I felt bad because I either ran to fast which isn't fair to them or to slow which isn't fair to me. Can we get a lock on the ques so we can go in with 1,2 or 3 people instead of always 4. This would work for raids as well although they have walk in teleporters.
    • Like x 7
  2. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

I guess this is a good idea seeing as how our gear is progressing. Really I wish everything was a walkin :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Gerbal New Player

I understand the difficulty of putting a teleporter for every instance that's why I suggested the locked ques.
  4. Solutha New Player

Yes this would be great for some of us. The only downside is that the queues for people needing a group will take longer to pop. It would lead to less people being carried through the content at least.
    • Like x 2
  5. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

A single teleporter with selectable destinations - problem solved :)
    • Like x 1
  6. LL New Player

I wish we could walk in to everything. I need to farm styles as well.
  7. AzraelR Committed Player

• Like x 1
  8. Gerbal New Player

Thing is if I was a New player I'd be very turned off by how fast people run through these. I'm sure there have been times I've run thru star labs so fast people may not have even gotten loot. Now yes this could have been prevented by me slowing down but I was short on time and enjoy running them really fast
  9. DoMoTroll New Player

You could always make a group with people to start, then they leave so you can run it solo. I've had people ask me to join their group then leave so they could speed run a T1 duo.
  10. Gerbal New Player

Why should I have to waste other people's time just to try and get a style.
  11. DoMoTroll New Player

What is more of a waist of time, having people join knowing you want to run it solo for a speed run, or having people join and get left behind to get KO'ed over and over by the mobs you blew past?
    Like you said, If you slow down, it's not fair to you, if you just plow through it, it's not fair to everyone else.

I'd rather take 2 minutes to start and leave so you can do your speed run than get left behind.
  12. AzraelR Committed Player

Sorry, you might think so, but the vast majority don't.
    Even my league I am tired of asking for just help me to open some instances, but I couldn't. I have also tried to use the LFG for that, didn't work too. Unfortunately 90% of players don't stop even a little to help just open one instance. You can say for these players "I'll kick you for not get deserter", is useless too.

And I play on villains side, heroes is easier to find players, I myself have got success bringing 8 players to T2 raids. The villains is quite different.