Ah yes, the "Kicking out the healer" vibe.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, May 26, 2019.

1. Dianatique Well-Known Player

Apparantely you didn't read the post, or any of the other replies I've made.
    Like I said again, I've done the BEST that I can do, and I can heal my team greatly if needed, yet I AM the one to blame for their incompetance? Psh.
    It's not so much about "what i should do" it's what they should do, instead of kicking me out, they could probably ask or LISTEN to other teammates.
    I mean I even got kicked out from an instance cause I wasn't brazilian and I was speaking english, AGAIN those toxic people keeps abusing the system cause they think healers can just revive them back from the dead.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dianatique Well-Known Player

None of your business
    None of your business,
    none of your business,
    none of your business.

my attitude? Lol I hardly talk to my teammates unless I tell them to watchout for attacks, which again, I get the blame for cause a final boss is INSTA Killing them.
    So no, it's not "just me"
    Again, see, blaming the healer again.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Just out of curiosity, are you a dual pistol wielding sorcery healer?
    • Like x 6
  4. Dianatique Well-Known Player

And I knew it, as soon as I tell them that I've been kicked out 12 times (which you guys don't have to take that serious cause most of those times is when people think i'm too low, and we ALL know that 200+ cr are being so stupid overrated in this game.) I get the blame as usual, lol, I'mma just leave the thread here to its demise and y'all can have a good ******* day.
  5. Rainnifer Committed Player

All the replies you gave didn't help anyone's concern for you, none of them were there so they don't know why you were treated the way you were. They were simply trying to understand everything, and you turned it down making you seem a little more suspicious. Nobody here was trying to blame you for anything. They just have a "look at all the sides" kind of attitude before they make any judgements. You said you did the BEST you could do, unfortunately the meaning of that can vary hugely, and we'd just like to know what is your "best." So we can either help you, or sympathize with you, on this situation you are dealing with.
    • Like x 6
  6. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

responses like this i could see how you possibly keep getting kicked smh

you could just say "i prefer not to share" which is perfectly fine, (none of your business just seems rude)

and nobody is blaming you im sure everyones intention in the thread is to help you but if your saying you have been kicked this many of times and your doing your job then all i can think of is your getting in unlucky groups of players who dont know mechanics. so maybe you should make it your duty to just explain to the group what needs to be done politely for smoother runs.

or just play with league mates? or create your own LFG groups their are things you can do to make your time on the game less stressful
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

See you're too busy casting blame rather than looking at things you might have been doing wrong or could have been doing better, I know you're saying you were doing your "BEST" but that doesn't mean what you were doing was correct... Define "Your Best"? None of us are flawless, mistakes get made, leads to frustration, leads to people kicking people etc, perhaps people died on turrets too cause line of sight got blocked, that can be on both parties, DPS could move, healer could equally move... Do you see my point? That's just an example, they get frustrated, yes the unfairly blame the healer but that doesn't mean there aren't things that couldn't be improved on all sides.

Yes often healers and even tanks for that matter cop a fair bit of undeserved flack for mistakes other people make, but that doesn't mean some of it, sometimes, isn't warranted.

I'm not actually blaming you for their incompetence, if you read my post you'd have noticed that I was simply pointing out that sometimes there can be areas one can improve in irrespective of whether you think you're doing your "BEST".

I'm not by any means condoning people knee jerk kicking, but you've noted you've been kicked a few times, if these aren't just one off occasions you should be asking yourself, "is it actually something I'm doing" and check with certainty that it isn't especially before lashing out at some other role you think is to blame, it's ironic you're telling them to "reflect", why aren't you equally open to the prospect?
    • Like x 5
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Generally, I *wouldn't* do pickups if I were you - but it's your choice. If you're picking up, you aren't able to do responsive healing (and watching the Tank spike while you're effectively helpless to do anything is horrifying), so I usually throw a group Shield to allow freedom of movement and hope somebody takes the initiative - unless the fallen team mate is right at my feet, or literally nobody else is bothering.

There's also a lot of forgetfulness about content since "Titans". If people are going in geared up with JLD Augments, they forget that they are taking *considerably more damage* than they were with the earlier DLC Augments. Throne (especially Elite) is a good example - often everyone is taking up to 25% more damage from the Sea Beast's big splash attacks than they are used to.

But that being said, 12 kicks is a brutal number - even over a year. Something is definitely amiss there, even if it's just bad luck.
    • Like x 3
  9. Brit Loyal Player

Don't take /votekicks personally. If you get kicked when you are legitimately not doing anything wrong, because two of the three other people in your Alert are both too stupid to understand fight mechanics, then YOU ARE BETTER OFF. You were just excused, without a deserter flag, from a group where a minimum of two (possibly all three) of the other players are actively refusing to do the fight mechanics and are causing failure. You don't need to "try your hardest". You need to be grateful that you are rid of them and queue back up for a different group.

That being said, Dianatique said she'd been kicked 12 times this week. That's like twice a day getting kicked out of the Alert. I heal almost exclusively, I run everything with the random queue, and that literally NEVER happens to me.

Since you're talking specifically about Alerts instead of Raids, you do need to understand that the Role Optional nature of Alerts means everyone needs to adapt. If there is no Tank, people are going to need to block more, yes. If there is no Controller, you will not be able to spam Priority Heals as much. But it also goes the other way. Everybody is fulfilling multiple jobs. When Etrigan pops up his clones, instead of healing them through the fire, YOU also have the option to lunge Etrigan and hard-stun him. You'll find most often that stunning Etrigan is far more likely to save someone's life than spam-healing through the flames. And since there are so many of the clones, you can even have DPS who are doing well, using the lunge to hard stun, but if they happen to find themselves in the middle of 3+ Etrigans because there's no Tank to control agro, they cannot simply lunge them all at the same time. You need to chip in on that too.

In Alerts, when Roles are missing, you need to be prepared to do more than just Heal. Without a Tank, particularly, you need to work your block breakers and lunges so that you can keep blue immunity and reduce the damage that boss is doing. You know how casting a Shield can sometimes be more useful than healing, because damage prevented is better than damage healed. Well, if you can hard-stun a boss, that is damage prevented. And damage prevented is better than damage healed. You can help save the Health Bars of your teammates better by putting that boss on his back, rather than spamming heals through something that you admit you cannot heal through.
    • Like x 2
  10. xPhantom Atom Well-Known Player

Based on these two posts and your previous going back you have a serious attitude problem. I can imagine you also don't accept or take any blame at all and that's the reason you probably get kicked. I bet your the type who would kick off and argue when someone mentions one thing about your healing in the group chat and to be honest, runs don't need that stuck up attitude.

Going forward it might be beneficial to actually share and learn, everyone starts from somewhere and if you actually take on the advice from more experienced players from the forum you can then actually go into instances knowing you actually did play the healer role correctly.
    • Like x 3
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well you're partially right. Bosses can drop aggro but usually it's not a boss mechanic that causes it.

Bosses can:

- have a scripted attack that they will target "player's condition"* and then resume attacking the one player with the highest threat level (i.e. the tank)
    *a condition could be "furthest away" or "closest player" or "one of each role (like Hades)" etc.

- have proximity aggro (i.e. Stompa in HH and DWF). They attack the one closest to them.

- drop aggro if the tank didn't taunt them fast enough. This can happen in basically two ways:

a) don't use a taunting superpower for 8 consecutive seconds. The boss will now look for the 2nd highest threat level and do "one action" targeting that person.
    b) use a strong taunt and then don't use it again for 8 consecutive seconds. In this case, instead of taking the normal taunts of a tank into consideration, it is treated as if the taunt has worn off (since normal taunts can't refresh/override a strong taunt). In this case too, the boss will target the second most threatening player (usually healer) and do "one actiion" on them.

The b) version is pretty common in 2-Tank-scenarios. It is easy to forget the retaunting since in every other scenario tanks are used to aggro everything all the time because basically everything with a few exceptions taunts (the exceptions are also a reason why a) is happening from time to time).

tl;dr: There are a select few mechanics that specifically target non-main-tanks. Everything else that is happening has a) or b) as a reason. The most common thing is bosses lunging someone else. This is not a scripted mechanic of a boss ^_^
    • Like x 2
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

You didn't quite get it. The term "attitude" wasn't ment to be used in an insulting way but rather to ask you how your morale/stance/approach is towards group play, what you do expect from others etc. He even explained what he ment.

For example: My attitude towards group play is that I expect players in endgame content to grapple with their powerset and how to play it in an optimal way, to give their best when it comes to performing their role and to learn mechanics and how to react accordingly. In addition though, my attitude is also that my patience runs short after mutliple attempts without any learning curve or if players refuse to take feedback into consideration.
    That's basically what I feel is happening here.

Just hypothesising now: I too run the alert as a healer and people rarely die and usually only due to rushing ahead or not executing mechanics correctly (i.e. not standing in pools of darkness). or to not block Etrigan's Sword of Damocles. And I randomly queue into the alert. So at some point there has to be a difference between how I heal and your healing. That is just a theory though. It might as well be all the dps who fail miserably and you do nothing wrong. That's is also a possibility.
    It just doesn't help when you don't take your own playstyle into consideration. And the question about artifacts, SP, etc is a totally viable one. I've seen healers with the Dilusteel Refractor, Tetrahedron and Parasite's Power Harness (no joke). This is basically the same as not running with artifacts at all. And even though they aren't neccessary, they do help alot with gameplay even in the range from Rank80 to 120 (an affordable range).

So instead of reacting the way you did, I advise you to take a step back and look from a different perspective. And listen to feedback. You don't need to agree with everything, though. It's a feedback. You decide what is important to you and what isn't. Just don't come at people with a "none of your business" approach. How would you react if the users in this thread would use this answer to any question you have? I don't think it would be a good feeling, would it?
    • Like x 3
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Why I don't like healing DR at all, not that I'm not capable but every time I went in as a heal, I end up playing heal tank on the last boss. Dps too busy focusing on the boss only. I'll admit I'm guilty of that at times. I mentioned how as a healer I'm getting the aggro and ask the dps to kill the adds, one of them start trying to give me grief, I even explained how I was getting the aggro, but his response stand in the back, that will make it magically go away. I got irritated and left. I can't believe in 2019 people don't understand aggro, I guess they believe dominance causes aggro.
    • Like x 3
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Were all twelve of these alerts Darkness Rising by any chance?
  15. Grant Gardner Level 30

This thread kind of escalated quickly
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

That's a great comment. Yes, exactly right. I play tank, and I DPS a fair bit. Mostly I PUG.
    I Never rely on support players to keep me alive. I make sure I am doing what I need to to do, and their heals and power are then just a welcome bonus. I don't put pressure on other players, I concentrate on playing my part effectively.
    And, I'll pick up players when it's prudent to do so, and I'll lead the group if necessary... adapting to the circumstance of a group, and doing everything I can to make it succeed.
    There have always been people who just complain, and they usually are the worst players, mostly DPS role. They expect to melee bosses and for the healer to keep them standing. They do irritate me, but mostly I just ignore them. They are just morons, and not worth worrying about.

Yesterday I played the first Titan alert. My toon was at 234CR, recommended is 235CR. Shouldn't be a problem, I thought. I was DPS, coz my tank gear isn't ready yet, as I am lvling the toon's CR.
    It was a PUG, so you take your chances. The other 3 players, all DPS, and all about 20CR below me! Wow.
    We couldn't beat the final boss (or might've 2nd boss not sure), coz clearly the group's CR wasn't high enough.
    'Switch to tank,' someone said. I didn't have good enough tank gear and anyway, I'm the only one doing effective DPS. That guy and another one starting complaining and sighing coz we wiped, and blaming everyone else....
    Same old story.
    These players are just punks and bums, looking to be carried effortlessly through all content, contributing nothing but complaints.
    • Like x 2
  17. Lord Brutality Active Player

I dont understand why some people disagree with Diana. in Two months I've been kicked more then 12+ times. Numerous clueless reasons.

Some people just Approve Vote to Kicks without knowing the reason. They see a Vote an just hit OK? Very few times you'll see someone say. What is the player doing wrong? Why do you want to kick them? Are you sure.

You guys need stop acting like there are 30+ year old Pros playing this game. When most of the playerbase is 18 an under with a tendency to act on reaction an not think problems out. Kicks happen often. If they dont you guys need to pug more.

I'm near 100% sure the majority of people who kicked me are under 20 or childish 20+ year olds.

The way they argue; an the way they talk on the mic is a dead giveaway.

-They dont give out advice, instead they Insult you; or make fun of you. Most of the kind hearted players stick to leagues. PUG's are full are A-Holes with superiority complexs. Most are just DPS'ers looking for competition with there loadout why yelling at support roles when they dont do there job.

Kicks happen often.
    • Like x 1
  18. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Honestly I’m not trying to be mean but if you’re consistently being kicked, it may be you.

I heal DR everyday and rarely will a DPS even have a single death.
    • Like x 1
  19. Siramez Well-Known Player

I swear this person is literally the definition of dumb, this person be blaming others while instead it is this person's fault for doing something that this person's is doing wrong, i swear this person is blaming others for nothing and tryna not get in trouble, this made my day, there are few other players like this person that blames others for no reason xD
  20. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Well, perhaps I could help you. (SCOFFS) A place of bad-head for some. To others, an vote of kicking destruction, (not nice). And two must vote these kicks. No more, no less. That is the way of the vote.

Hard to really know if it's a you issue or a them issue. Maybe a little of both. That kick is a pain if people don't know wtf is going on :D. As a healer or tank, dps, better know your roles if your group keeps wiping, though, as you are the default person at fault when all else is failing. And Dianatique, to do your roles, you must know your roles. Even practice their beliefs.. GL **