Ah yes, the "Kicking out the healer" vibe.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, May 26, 2019.

1. Dianatique Well-Known Player

So everytime I try to do the BEST that I can do in raids or alerts, people tend to really wanna kick out healers cause they feel that the healer isn't healing enough.
    but isn't it DPS's role to burn fast and have high damage? or did I fall asleep in "roles DCUO class 101"?

I've been in literally 12 alerts where I've been kicked out cause they believe my "Healing is trash" yet I give them shields, heal them up to a 100 whenever they need it, but they DIE anyways.
    And I know it's not me, cause I utilize all the weapon sockets, I use the latest higher healer gear, I use mods, artifacts, and various of other objects to help ME and MY team.
    so can you all STOP kicking out the healers that are ACTUALLY doing their job, and instead TRY and improve yourself and be a teamplayer.
    Is this game like overwatch where they always blame the healer for literally EVERYTHING?
    Listen to your teammates, stop going in solo, stop trying to revive someone, and do your ACTUAL job that we healers do.
    • Like x 2
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

short of death you can't cure stupid, which is ironic since in this game and games like overwatch we LITERALLY CAN CURE DEATH.
    • Like x 8
  3. Dianatique Well-Known Player

you can cure death if the DPS just kills the target fast enough.
  4. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

tell them, theres a block button for a reason, use it
    • Like x 3
  5. Dianatique Well-Known Player

?...what? I can't block a kick function in the game that people love to abuse.
  6. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

no i mean if ppl say ur heals are bad you tell them to use the block button, theres so many dps who 4get it exists
    • Like x 2
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

Its unavoidable. I remember while tanking bosses that dropped aggro and attacked the group I got told "you need to work on your aggro game" by a dps. They refused to believe that bosses can drop aggro and insisted it was me that was doing something wrong and I needed to "pull". Game is filled with idiots so don't worry about it.
    • Like x 5
  8. Dianatique Well-Known Player

LOL, everyone is so quick to jump the gun and shoot someone with accusations and not helping people.
    Like why be like "oh we gonna kick you" and then instead, try and help them, inform them, and you know, be an ACTUAL teamplayer.
  9. Rainnifer Committed Player

Yup, same thing can happen to Trolls, if there's some guy who's really bad with his power (it's usually healers who just spam) they blame you for not giving them power when it's virtually impossible to keep up with.
    • Like x 4
  10. AquiloFury Committed Player

I've had that happen many times too..it's like..learn the mechanics here people. The boss is scripted to drop aggro sometimes and nothing a tank can do will stop it lol. As far as the OP goes, I'm sorry that they keep kicking you. As many gave said, many dps forget a little thing called block lol. One thing I can suggest is to look at your methods if you wipe, I was in shattered Gotham, we wiped in the first boss. I had to adapt my load out to keep everyone alive, my load out did not mesh well with the raid. I'm not saying that's the case here, but just something to keep in mind :).
    • Like x 1
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Let me tell ya... support isn’t for everybody, barely is for me... troll & tank are the easiest healer is deff the hardest
  12. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I primarily DPS these days and I consider it one of my responsibilities to protect MYSELF as much as possible in battle and not count on the healer to heal me through bullheadedness. A really SKILLED DPS does not JUST chase the scoreboard. They block, roll, pick up fallen team mates etc. This MAY cost some PERSONAL burn in the short term but when I run with DPS players who approach the game that way, the instances are always smoother and nobody gets kicked.

Same comments apply for power (my off role is troller). DPS players ARE responsible for keeping an eye on their power and not relying on the Controller as a battery, Many DPS players act as if the Controller is only there to serve as a power healer and they get all testy when they run short. This is why I ONLY troll for people I know.
    • Like x 5
  13. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

you really got kicked out of 12 alerts by different groups? no offense but maybe its just you?

What is your SP?
    What is your healing loadout?
    What artifacts do you use?
    How are you specced?

most importantly what is your attitude like? for example if its a wipe do you get upset and angry if somebody were to give you pointers about something maybe your not seeing?
    • Like x 6
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I find on some occasions The dps don't block and expect the healer to heal threw there dumbness or if the dps spam powers like no tomorrow and then want to attack the troll lol lol.

There are a few things I won't stand for in this game if a dps won't block on the skull and or jump into a group of mods ahead of the tank or spam to much and then Cry I NEED POWER TROLL .

I will go after them and call them out asap for there foolishness and lack of experience enough of the bs lol.
    • Like x 2
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

Well if u get kicked so many times, there must be some true to it ... i mean that cant be an accident anylonger, maybe stop blaming others and take another look at what you are doing :eek: take some advise from experienced healers?
    • Like x 4
  16. Dene Devoted Player

When I used to Troll, quickest way to get on my bad side was capitalise and yell for more power.. it was always that 1 DPS & everyone else was fine lol

I would also feel bad for the healers - exactly as you described - DPS constantly in full harms way so support has to go full throttle and it just makes a mess

Now that I heal exclusively I find that, if someone dies, I look at what I could have done, if I was doing all I could then bad luck, I can't heal bad luck or stupid positioning etc & people need to learn this
    • Like x 4
  17. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Unfortunately, most DPS's (Scoreboard Chasers/non team players or just lack of knowledge) expect to be healed through everything, they believe it's the Healer's job, no matter what. They stand in AOE's and Skull Attacks, they don't Block incoming damage, they don't complete objectives, no PickUp's etc. All they want to do is stand in 1 spot not letting anything come in between their Rotations.
    • Like x 5
  18. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I feel your pain. Healers have a hard time on this game.

I usually get kicked from group missions with my healers because I refuse to switch to DPS because the group wants to PEW PEW PEW burn through the mission and feel they don't want any support; I don't have any DPS gear for any of my toons (except for those under level 30).

It would be nice to just ASK if I could leave so the team can get another DPS in, instead of having their itchy trigger finger on the kick option. Usually, I try to leave the team before that happens.

I also find it amazing that you got kicked 12 times; was that 12 times in a row or over the course of a time period, like an hour, a day or a few days? What tactical mods, artifacts, devices and the like are you using? Are you spamming heals? Do you use a variety of heals or just one or two types of heals?

You hit the nail on the head: too many players think this game should be like Overwatch and everyone should just DPS their way through content quickly, no other roles necessary.

Also, you must remember this; Healers cannot heal one-shots or people who run ahead of the group to receive that one-shot. Just sayin'.
    • Like x 3
  19. Monkeyboy Committed Player

I was healing a DR today with 3 dps, they kicked the first healer. First boss room with turrets, one dps decided to line of sight everyone and complain when he dies. He complained he didn't get heals, so I explained line of sight(LoS) to him, I was just bad. Whatever, so we continued! On Etrigan, did you know healers are supposed to heal through his fire breath and not run out of power? So after the same dps died 3-4 to his fire breath, he nerd raged some more. So finally, we get to the last boss and his leaguemate and him is talking a lot of junk. So I call them out about mechanics and the other dps tried to tell them also. These two died numerous times because they were meleeing boss in a pool and not killing the Shadow Monster, which everyone should know healer aggro is catnip for adds. It's not your fault if people die to lack of mechanics. Just enjoy watching them die to their own stupidity.
    • Like x 8
  20. Proxystar #Perception

It seems like a very one sided story with due respect.

Yes, DPS should burn the items down as quickly as possible and they should be doing this while blocking when need be, evading etc. But if they're having to block all the time because of a healers insufficient healing then that's going to start to cost damage.

The reality is it's a team game and all roles need to be doing their roles properly.

Numerous healers are also guilty of over healing, healing when no one needs it, not healing at the right times, not shielding at the right time but instead just spamming shields when they're off cool down simply 'because they can'...

An example would be a healer that could shield when Etrigan does the Sword of Damocles, but doesn't/can't because they've blown it forcing players to block through it, equally players can be incapable of realising they're not shielded and then not blocking and just blaming the healer despite the fact blocking would probably be compensating for a healers poor shielding rotations, it's not worth kicking them over it though cause either strategy should work.

The point being is you've been kicked from numerous instances obviously because members of the group have found you to be lacking, instead of just blaming poor damage dealers, start to question your own strategies and healing before you blame other people, I don't say this either to cast blame upon you, but obviously if it's happening in numerous runs it can't just be a coincidence....
    • Like x 8