Age of Justice: Dailies, Rewards, and September

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Katnikov Executive Producer

Again we meet! It’s always a good time when I come out of the woodwork, eh? I’m back to talk to you about Age of Justice’s content, rewards progression, and the cadence of our content moving forward.

Recap: Age of Justice

As we released Age of Justice, we made the decision to pull back on the vendor prices while maintaining the same days to completion overall. As a result, we also pulled back on some of the available daily missions. This addressed specifically the feedback from players concerned about having too much required of them daily and costs. At the time, we read these as the chief concerns. In retrospect, we realize this was a misread, and that for many of you the chief concerns were with our content cadence.

These changes led to a player experience that you have said and we agree cut short such great open world content in Age of Justice. This, with your continued feedback, led us back to the drawing board to rethink our approach long term, and specifically our plans for our next content launch in September.

New Content: September

Prior to this, we have been discussing and revising what our next content drop would look like. Should it be an event like Starro? Is it a new Episode? Is it a hybrid? With our Anniversary event, and again with the Starro event, we have been trying new types of content drops that reach out across our player base, bringing everyone together in some way when we make something new. While we felt that these events were successful in some ways, Starro was a miss for players at the high end looking for the next round of progression rewards and a new challenge.

Knowing this, we have come to some decisions about September that will also inform further adjustments to Age of Justice. We are still planning, but here’s what we know. September’s content drop will be more like an Episode than an event. It will contain permanent content with rewards that include a CR increase and a nice challenge. It will also include an expanded preview event, much like Age of Justice’s War-Torn Village, that will be accessible for all players over level 10 and that will be available for a limited time period. We feel like this will be the best of both worlds.

Updates: Age of Justice

Making this decision allows us to make immediate adjustments based on new expectations of “the grind” in Age of Justice. We want everyone to be able to succeed here and be satisfied and ready when September rolls around. With that, we took a hard look at what you have described as meaningful in progression, and are working hard to align our expectations more closely with yours.

SO, tomorrow we will be restoring all daily missions previously removed from War-Torn Village and Time-Torn Area 51. This will bring the daily mission count back up to 7 for those with access to both areas and to 3 to those with access to War-Torn Village only.

ALSO, we will further lower the costs of some vendor items to make them, and the feats attached to them, more easily achievable. Specifically, these are:

• Stormtrooper’s Air-Purifying Helmet will be lowered from 125 to 10
    • Stormtrooper’s Helmet will be lowered from 150 to 15
    • Allied Soldier Helmet will be lowered from 175 to 20.
    • Age of Justice: Base Item Box will be lowered from 8 War Bonds to 6
    • Age of Justice: Large Base Item Box will be lowered from 65 to 50

Restoring this daily content and reducing these prices will allow players to comfortably achieve the vendor gear and many of the additional feat-related rewards within a three month time span. This also allows players more opportunity to go for elite gear and/or omnipotence items sooner, while still maintaining the prestige of these additional achievements.

I want to thank you for being part of the discussions and playing Age of Justice while we’ve figured this out. It is still incredibly rewarding to see this level of activity and response to a new Episode launch, and we are all looking forward to seeing the same come September.
    • Like x 70
  2. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

WOW, good changes there.
    • Like x 9
  3. IamINC Dedicated Player

Incredible response , thank you devs :)
    • Like x 9
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Super Bien Total!!!
    • Like x 3
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

So the vendor gear costs and OP item collections remain the same price as they are now? If yes then thank you. This is what i personally asked for and i know many others did too.

1 other thing. The 7 dailies in total now, are any of those weeklies like before? Or all daily missions?
    • Like x 2
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

SUPER GREAT!!!!!! IN B4 CHILLCAT Again
    • Like x 1
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You just got my subscription back. Well done guys. Well done.

[IMG]
    • Like x 13
  8. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 3
  10. BumblingB I got better.

It is very nice to see positive changes to future content.

So a Hybrid DLC/Event will be the norm from now on? I definitely want to know more about that.
    • Like x 7
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's what it looks like...with the amount of marks increased daily and the other vendor stuff reduced everything is achievable in a shorter time span. I don't think we have to wait for the other shoe to drop...go ahead and celebrate...maybe...
  12. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Yes. They shouldn't lower the OP cost. OP should be a rarity. For people who put in a LOT of time and effort. It isn't SUPPOSED to be easy to get. That's why it's OP. The Devs have said before that the minority should be able to get the OP gear. I agree with that reasoning.

Aside from that reply, great changes. Katnikov. You guys are showing that you're definitely listening and definitely trying. This is pretty much what everyone has been griping about, and you've fixed it. They'll still find things to complain about. But the point is you guys are listening to feedback, and THAT is what's important.
    • Like x 5
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

I didn say anything about them lowering OP items. I simply asked a question. I also edited my post too ;) And not to be rude but id like them to answer. Im not sure how u can say yes. Because the announcement doesnt say anything about those items. Now because it doesnt mention those items im sure its safe to assume they arent being changed and i have no issues there. I was simply asking to make sure. And because the last announcement with this had some language that was misunderstood. So just trying to be clear on whats happening.

Imo this is a great change. It addresses the 6 month length that people had concerns with and makes the people who wanted the dailies back happy. Wont hear a complaint from me :p
  14. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

It doesn't seem that they are reducing the price on gear that actually matter's though does it? I knew that with added daily quests it does reduce the cost but that doesn't help a whole lot , not in the grand scheme of things. To the developers, is this the last thought on the matter? Are you going to reduce these prices further or is that it?
  15. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I recently stated a thread about this and suggested perhaps we could revisit some existing maps that we haven't been back to for sometime, but here's the one I would like to campaign for... SMALLVILLE!!!

We haven't been back there since the alert and the map is so vast. Also, Superboy and Young Justice are fan favorites so perhaps the content could have something to do with them (I'd love to see a Robin / Superboy / Kid Flash emblem)
    • Like x 5
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I love you guys :-D <3
    • Like x 1
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Just to be clear, only the dailys are returning? The second 411 and the other weekly removed (the 3 waves of Soldiers) wont return, right?
    • Like x 2
  18. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

Awesome update and a well received one. This shows the Daybreak's goodwill to the player's concerns and ensuring the game will be fully supported by the DCUO community.

Thanks again and good move!
    • Like x 1
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

To everyone who said the developers dont listen, in your face they listen there's proof. Now than eat a snickers you gonna need it.
    • Like x 6
  20. Roxxaa IX New Player

Is a Crossplay for Justice For All and Ultimate Soldier possible ? It's really embarassing for some people.
    • Like x 2